Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Not a good session for us so far
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

i rather ricciardo dominate than hamilton to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    what did martin say ferrari dont have that mercs and red bull has? causing ferrari understeer? i miss heard
    Front end

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

what did martin say ferrari dont have that mercs and red bull has? causing ferrari understeer? i miss heard
    stronger front end he said....red bull and Mercs are able to get on the power earlier coming out of the corner
    so it seems we dont have enough fornt end downforce
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

why is kimi in the pit too? they are doing repairs to vettel's car... did kimi have any accidants or incidents in this session?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    stronger front end he said....red bull and Mercs are able to get on the power earlier coming out of the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Front end

thank you , dang i thought we had the best package for these tracks

i rather ricciardo dominate than hamilton to be honest
    Well... it's not Mercedes circuit, it is ours. That means we should dominate. If anyone else will, we are out of championship fight. This year can end this weekend.

i thought we'd be class of the field coming here and red bull and Meces fighting for second ROW....boy so far it donsnt' seem that way
    i know it's still free practice, but when we're usually GOOD we seem to show performace throughout free practice as well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

FP3 is not representative here. as Quali conditions is similar to FP2. So FP2 is important for ferrari.
    Not looking good so far

Well... it's not Mercedes circuit, it is ours. That means we should dominate. If anyone else will, we are out of championship fight. This year can end this weekend.
    i have to agree with you mate.....red bull strong at fast tracks like monza, fast here....that doesn't cope right with our championship dream

Damn kimi's lap not even faster than Mclaren & renault & FI.
    I don't know whats wrong or going on

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    FP3 is not representative here. as Quali conditions is similar to FP2. So FP2 is important for ferrari.
    Not looking good so far
    vettel was 0.6 off hamiltons pace on a track that should be better for us, very discouraging

Guys relax Seb hasn't done a proper lap and he was fastest in sector 1 before being blocked by Ericsson

Ferrari definitely look in the weeds here. 9 & 11 is beyond just not disclosing performance. Certainly worrying. Fingers crossed we have more to come through setup tonight/tomorrow

maybe they are running that same aero/setup from monza where williams and force india were even quicker than us?

either big time sand bagging, or we're having real problems

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Guys relax Seb hasn't done a proper lap and he was fastest in sector 1 before being blocked by Ericsson
    that is true also, but on his second attempt he was clearly overpushing it, hence him hitting the wall.....no such drama at red bull or Mercs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    He was not blocked in S2 though and still lost 5 tenths here. He was only blocked in S3.

vettel was 0.6 off hamiltons pace on a track that should be better for us, very discouraging
    ferrari doesn't have good performance on Softs. They don't like it. Where as Mercs Doesn't like SS & US.

that is true also, but on his second attempt he was clearly overpushing it, hence him hitting the wall.....no such drama at red bull or Mercs.....
    Max hit that wall plus Seb likes to push the limit in practice

He was not blocked in S2 though and still lost 5 tenths here. He was only blocked in S3.
    deff setup issue we have to work on....seb NOT really confident at attacking....hopefully htey'll make major gains overnight

so i guess we're doing long runs now....seb is more then 5 seconds off pace

Maybe dirty air but no one has any idea how quick we are here

maurizio looks very stressed, i wonder if sergio has been in his ear since monza

deff setup issue we have to work on....seb NOT really confident at attacking....hopefully htey'll make major gains overnight
    Hopefully we will figure it out then... not like in Monza. The bad thing is, when you get your setup wrong here, it is surely hard to get it fixed, as you have just 1 represantitve practice session and that is FP2.

Vettel was held up on his flying lap - he'd set a purple first sector (meaning the quickest of anyone) before encountering the slow-moving Sauber of Marcus Ericsson, so he had to abort the lap. He and Raikkonen, who had a very scruffy lap, then abandoned the qualifying simulations for high-fuel running.
    Drive it like you stole it!

maurizio looks very stressed, i wonder if sergio has been in his ear since monza
    SERGIO should stay at home and not coming to races.....when he's not present we WIN

so i guess we're doing long runs now....seb is more then 5 seconds off pace
    yup i think so, i wish we could compare ricciardo vs hamilton vs vettel on long runs... thats the real battle with Max somewhere inbetween

Its the opposite....we have too much front end downforce thereby taking away the rears hence is why the Merc's and RB's are able to put the power down coming out of the corner.

Whats worrying me is, When mercs are having bad weekend. Kimi is not capitalising on it. He too having bad weekend.
    Rae pace of RB is worrying, they are faster on both runs. Although we are better than mercs. But not better than RB