Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Well boys, the dream of a 2017 WDC was fun while it lasted. Oh well.

"Max should of seen Kimi alongside him", well he did see him. That's why he tried to back off.

https://streamable.com/ksh94

I still think Ham will DNF at least once this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Well boys, the dream of a 2017 WDC was fun while it lasted. Oh well.
    Come on mate, don't be like that, we should never give up..... 28 points down, 7 rece to go... Let's se what we are made of

Congrats to Lewis......and the rest for running a clean race with pts. and bringing the cars home.

it's not just the fact LEwis gained 25 points, it's also the fact VET didn't gain on HAM, where he should have.. We need a Lewis DNF AND a win to get close, then still we need to outscore him.. Don't see it happening.. What a disaster weekend
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrarIreland View Post
    He did get Vettel. After Vettel spun out.
    Which was entirely Vettel's fault. So again, no luck involved.

Let's hope we used all bad luck this season. 6 races more.
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Well Rob, slowing down the replays is easy, drivers get maybe a tenth of a second to react. It all happened very quickly. I still maintain it as a racing incident, Kimi, Max or Seb no one can be blamed
    It is a racing incident, but i think maybe Max could do more. But, its true, theres spilt seconds to decide where to put your car. Both Seb and Max made small mistakes that cost all 3 big time.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I still think Ham will DNF at least once this season.
    Sad thing is Hamilton can afford a DNF, Vettel can't

This race was the real turning point of the season. Failed to seize it, now the WDC is Merc's to lose.

Identical collusion from 2003
    https://youtu.be/1j66pryxRcU
    And guess who was ti blame on that occasion. Bari because they said that he was the only one who could see the other 2 drivers so he had to back off
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We have FIA at our back during dream team days, this year it favors merc! it's been so long long years its been 10 years since KImi won the WDC! after that in Ferrari always 2nd or 3rd for 10 long years! until Stefano Domenicali gave us bad luck for 2008-2014! that ing guy wasted 6 years for nothing!

My guess is that Seb is getting some penalty, let`s see what they say.

Before the race I had a really bad feeling, and I was right. Its game over guys for the championship, if Vettel takes this title this year then its gonna be a big miracle. But I dont see it happening. The fight was good while it lasted. But we just dont have any luck this year. It doesnt even matter how the accident happened, it just did, we cant do anything about it. Maybe in about 10-15 years we might finally get that title.
    I wont watch f1 from now on, its just too boring, and I lost my interest into this sport.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Which was entirely Vettel's fault. So again, no luck involved.
    Vettel spun on the fluid which was leaking out from the damage caused

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    That will be too harsh, can't see that happening

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    ofcourse he will.
    And MAS can drive into VAN under SC and nothing is said..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

"Max should of seen Kimi alongside him", well he did see him. That's why he tried to back off.

[video]https://streamable.com/ksh94[/url]
    as Max pulls 2nd gear the steering wheel is going left, pulls into 3rd gear Kimi is alongside, still steering left. What he could of done is lift off slightly let Kimi go, and try at attack him later on in the lap.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    as Max pulls 2nd gear the steering wheel is going left, pulls into 3rd gear Kimi is alongside, still steering left. What he could of done is lift off slightly let Kimi go, and try at attack him later on in the lap.
    I suggest Rob you watch Kimi's onboard & his steering then. You'll be surprised, he turned in Max slightly

Hi all I'm new to posting here but follow the forum regularly and would like to share some thoughts at this time. I want to bring some positivity to what just happened and find out how we can move forward knowing we will only be stronger and not weaker after such an event.

First the start, it was a racing incident and no driver can be blamed for what happened.

Second, I know how passionate and hard working the team is, so this is a disaster for them and us, and I feel terrible. They have put together an amazing comeback this year and they have made great decisions throughout whenever they had the knowledge and data needed to execute. There were only a few mistakes which are bound to happen at some point. I feel only 1 could have been avoided and that was in Canada. Not sure how they didn't have a few staff during the races watching every onboard and offboard moment especially during the starts. Taking into account hind sight is 20/20 I hope they do have staff monitoring more closely all footage available now that this incident has happened and I don't believe they've had any issues since. So we could scratch that incident as a learning lesson and move on.

So this leads me to: What can we learn from Singapore? The issue I think came down to seb not knowing where kimi was.. and rightfully so, how was he to know? He couldn't. Taking into account this was going to be a strange start, with this being the first wet night race I think everyone was a bit more on edge. The goal is always the finish the race in order to win it, along with seb being in front of hamilton, this should have been a "cautious start" strategy from the team. For the most part it was, I think seb did what he thought was within reason of caution with the information he had at the time. That information was that max was close and to his left, and seb thus knew squeezing him more left would compromise his racing line into the first turn and the cautious part of this was that if all else fails once they got to the first turn seb could run wider if max tried to push him around. That was the strategy to the situation of max having a good start. What I feel didn't get discussed behind closed doors at Ferrari was "what is seb's strategy if kimi, who starts to the left and behind seb has a good start?" or "what if ricciardo who lined up behind seb had a good start". Could the team have permutated all these possibilities and came up with a better strategy for seb? Where would Kimi likely go if he had a good start? Was it likely he would be going left? If ricciardo had a good start would he likely go right? Adding all these possibilities together could they have decided on a point at which seb should squeeze max only to a certain point on the left side of the track just in case other possibilities came into play? Not sure, perhaps running all these combinations through the simulators could come up with a possible answer. I do believe the team could have put more thought and effort into giving seb and kimi the proper strategies on where the maximum point seb would squeeze another car and where kimi was going if he had a good start. We can't predict everything so that is why I still believe it was a racing incident, but perhaps with some more calculations of this nature the team could have given the drivers some more information. The rest is racing and anything can happen, that's why we watch. This is why I will be watching the next race in Malaysia looking forward to seeing our team out on track again and coming back with their heads held high and strong.

So let's move on to the next race and continue to go for the victory and see this day as something to learn from. Please let me know what you think I would really appreciate it.

don't forget what happened in 2007. Vettel can still win the title.

Hi all I'm new to posting here but follow the forum regularly and would like to share some thoughts at this time. I want to bring some positivity to what just happened and find out how we can move forward knowing we will only be stronger and not weaker after such an event.

First the start, it was a racing incident and no driver can be blamed for what happened.

Second, I know how passionate and hard working the team is, so this is a disaster for them and us, and I feel terrible. They have put together an amazing comeback this year and they have made great decisions throughout whenever they had the knowledge and data needed to execute. There were only a few mistakes which are bound to happen at some point. I feel only 1 could have been avoided and that was in Canada. Not sure how they didn't have a few staff during the races watching every onboard and offboard moment especially during the starts. Taking into account hind sight is 20/20 I hope they do have staff monitoring more closely all footage available now that this incident has happened and I don't believe they've had any issues since. So we could scratch that incident as a learning lesson and move on.

So this leads me to: What can we learn from Singapore? The issue I think came down to seb not knowing where kimi was.. and rightfully so, how was he to know? He couldn't. Taking into account this was going to be a strange start, with this being the first wet night race I think everyone was a bit more on edge. The goal is always to finish the race in order to win it, along with seb being in front of hamilton, this should have been a "cautious start" strategy from the team. For the most part it was, I think seb did what he thought was within reason of caution with the information he had at the time. That information was that max was close and to his left, and seb thus knew squeezing him more left would compromise his racing line into the first turn and the cautious part of this was that if all else fails once they got to the first turn seb could run wider if max tried to push him around. That was the strategy to the situation of max having a good start. What I feel didn't get discussed behind closed doors at Ferrari was "what is seb's strategy if kimi, who starts to the left and behind seb has a good start?" or "what if ricciardo who lined up behind seb had a good start". Could the team have permutated all these possibilities and came up with a better strategy for seb? Where would Kimi likely go if he had a good start? Was it likely he would be going left? If ricciardo had a good start would he likely go right? Adding all these possibilities together could they have decided on a point at which seb should squeeze max only to a certain point on the left side of the track just in case other possibilities came into play? Not sure, perhaps running all these combinations through the simulators could come up with a possible answer. I do believe the team could have put more thought and effort into giving seb and kimi the proper strategies on where the maximum point seb would squeeze another car and where kimi was going if he had a good start. We can't predict everything so that is why I still believe it was a racing incident, but perhaps with some more calculations of this nature the team could have given the drivers some more information. The rest is racing and anything can happen, that's why we watch. This is why I will be watching the next race in Malaysia looking forward to seeing our team out on track again and coming back with their heads held high and strong.

So let's move on to the next race and continue to go for the victory and see this day as something to learn from. Please let me know what you think I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by FerrariDave; 17th September 2017 at 14:24. Reason: grammar

My take on the incident:

Vettel was defending from Max, which is something anyone in his position would do. From Max on board, it looks like Vettel made the move before Kimi passed Max, so Vettel didn't know Kimi would be there and Max would get trapped.
    When Vettel started his move, Max decided not to yield and move left to avoid Vettel. At this point, Kimi came ahead and they touched. I'm guessing Max didn't expect Kimi to be there either when he started moving left.
    All of this happened so fast, no one could possibly react by the time Max was caught between Vettel and Kimi.

I would still say it was a racing incident. Vettel did exactly what any drivers would do. I am not sure why people expected Vettel to know where every car was and what they were doing, while he's driving.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Vettel spun on the fluid which was leaking out from the damage caused
    And?

This is Max we talking about, does not think of the long game. Same thing in Hungary when he punted RIC off as he don't know when to back out of it

Lift off? And you said Kimi lifting off was a no go? Why would he lift off? Kimi was on the bad spot being on the inside and even, when looking at it again nad again, Kimi even steared a bit inot Max. So what are we talking here about? Do we see the same video? Max did NOTHING wrong and I know, that we are all Ferrari fans here, but blaming others for our faults is not right

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

And?
    And? I was clarifying why Vettel spun as the poster might have thought it was Driver error

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I suggest Rob you watch Kimi's onboard & his steering then. You'll be surprised, he turned in Max slightly
    He didnt tho, sometimes when a wheel is barely moving is driver trying to keep the car straight after the spinwheel or oversteering. Kimi only moves to right when he gets hit and lost his rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    don't forget what happened in 2007. Vettel can still win the title.
    We will win this championship, mark my words