Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

ofcourse not, the Brit Media did not blow it up, calling it road rage so why would the "stewards" act.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Lift off? And you said Kimi lifting off was a no go? Why would he lift off? Kimi was on the bad spot being on the inside and even, when looking at it again nad again, Kimi even steared a bit inot Max. So what are we talking here about? Do we see the same video? Max did NOTHING wrong and I know, that we are all Ferrari fans here, but blaming others for our faults is not right
    Did tou saw the video i post above?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    He didnt tho, sometimes when a wheel is barely moving is driver trying to keep the car straight after the spinwheel or oversteering. Kimi only moves to right when he gets hit and lost his rear.
    No sir, I think you need to watch again. Kimi thought he was through Max & tried to cover. Racing incident, no one can be blamed. Over and out

Lift off? And you said Kimi lifting off was a no go? Why would he lift off? Kimi was on the bad spot being on the inside and even, when looking at it again nad again, Kimi even steared a bit inot Max. So what are we talking here about? Do we see the same video? Max did NOTHING wrong and I know, that we are all Ferrari fans here, but blaming others for our faults is not right
    theres an old English saying...... 6 of 1 and half of the dozen of the other.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Yes because eing on the inside going into a corner is a bad position..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    theres an old English saying...... 6 of 1 and half of the dozen of the other.
    there's also a new saying in F1..... where Max goes, trouble follows.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Did tou saw the video i post above?
    I am watching a video from a heli cam. Seeing that Vettel goes hard left to cover Max, Max first tries to cover him, but realizes, that he has to defend instead. So he straightens up and keeps going. Then Kimi comes alongisde Max and while Seb is still turning into him, Kimi, with a huge gap on his left, steers slightly into Max as well. Max, it seems to me, just don't know what to do, as he is slightly turning left and right and then even starts to slow down... but that's a bit too late as both our guys are already too close and Kimi touches Max, spins and hits Seb. I don't see how that is Verstapen's mistake. He couldn't know, that both our guys will just steer into him, while they are alongside.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    When there are two cars on the other side, then YES. As you are the one, who is unspotted by the third guy on the outside, and he will be turning into you... so you are basically squeezed. It happened to us.. I think it was last year?

6 races, 28 points difference .

1 used engine for each of our drivers which didn't do a 2 hour race not to mention turbo charger, MGU-k etc which have done 1 less race then the Mercs.

A new engine on its way for each of our drivers so still all to play for and we need to go super aggressive now and push the Mercs to the limit as their components have more mileage. Someone is still due a retirement when all the components are coming to the end of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    We will win this championship, mark my words
    I wish I had your enthusiasm Zike, but I'm a bit more of a realist. Seb is now 28 points adrift with 6 races to go. None of the other 6 tracks are as particularly suited for his car car while at the same time being difficult for the Mercs. Seb would need to win something like 4 of the final 6 races and probably need Hamilton to DNF at least once and maybe a finish in 5th or lower. I just don't see that happening. Merc will win in Abu Dhabi for sure. Most likely in Texas and in Mexico. Seb may win in Malaysia and Japan. Maybe Brazil? I just don't know. I just don't see it happening.

Game over man. Game over.

I am watching a video from a heli cam. Seeing that Vettel goes hard left to cover Max, Max first tries to cover him, but realizes, that he has to defend instead. So he straightens up and keeps going. Then Kimi comes alongisde Max and while Seb is still turning into him, Kimi, with a huge gap on his left, steers slightly into Max as well. Max, it seems to me, just don't know what to do, as he is slightly turning left and right and then even starts to slow down... but that's a bit too late as both our guys are already too close and Kimi touches Max, spins and hits Seb. I don't see how that is Verstapen's mistake. He couldn't know, that both our guys will just steer into him, while they are alongside.
    watch this one...

https://streamable.com/nmrn6

Kimis steering wheel moving as he spinning up the rears. Max moves over on him as Seb is moving over on him.

Neither Verstappen raikkonen or vettel are going to back out while battling for the lead and if they do there not racing drivers

Malaysia : 50/50

Suzuka : Built for Mercedes.

USA : 50/50 with Red Bull in the mix.

Mexico : Engine dependent circuit. So advantage Mercedes.

Brazil : 50/50

UAE : Slight advantage over Mercedes.

We seriously need a couple of dnf's from Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Which was entirely Vettel's fault. So again, no luck involved.
    Which was nothing to do with Hamilton. So again, no skill involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats how I see it....Max is literally in a straight line.

Suzuka built for Mercedes? i thought Suzuka was built for Honda to test their bikes.

Anyway, our is better tahn start of year, we ran Mercs hard at Spa, dont write us off just yet.

Attachment 7324
    Vet is clearly in front so he has EVERY rifht to cover his position. He doesn't squeeze Ves .Ves is moving lest because he wants clear track so he can outbrake vet.BUT Kimi has already pass him so when Ves is stearing to the lest he hits Kimi to the rear right tire.Kimi spuns and turn into Vet.It is a racing accident and if someone is to blame ,that is Ves.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Any words from our boys

Suzuka built for Mercedes? i thought Suzuka was built for Honda to test their bikes.

Anyway, our is better tahn start of year, we ran Mercs hard at Spa, dont write us off just yet.
    Not writing us off. But 28 points deficit will be pretty hard to overcome without any Lewis dnf.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 17th September 2017 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    at the moment Kimi thought he would clear Max and then tuck behind Vettel with still 100's of meters to go on the straight going into the turn....but Kimi did'nt clear and both Seb, more so, and Kimi sandwiched Max.

Max Verstappen blames Sebastian Vettel for unnecessarily risky start crash

Max Verstappen has placed the majority of blame on Sebastian Vettel for their opening lap crash which took himself, both Ferraris and Fernando Alonso out of the Singapore Grand Prix.

Verstappen and Kimi Raikkonen both got quick starts, whilst polesitter Vettel moved to cover the pair off by aggressively cutting across the circuit but collided with the Red Bull, forcing Verstappen and Raikkonen to collide.
    The incident saw Verstappen and Raikkonen come to a halt at Turn 1 as Alonso was also collected in the chaos. Vettel meanwhile managed to continue with heavy damage before spinning just a few corners later, to eventually retire and hand the lead to race winner Lewis Hamilton.

Asked for his opinion on who was to blame, Verstappen replied: "I think mainly Sebastian. He started squeezing me.
    "Maybe he didn't see Kimi on the left but that's not an excuse I think if you are fighting for the world championship, you shouldn't take those risks and really like squeeze someone that much.

"You can see what happens, Lewis is leading the race and the three of us are out. I tried to back out of it because I could see it coming but the rear tyres are wider than the front so I couldn't back out of it."
    Verstappen insists he did nothing wrong and couldn't have avoided the collision because of where he was.

"I don't think it was a racing incident. At the end of the day they take a total of three cars and I was in the middle without doing anything wrong. I was just trying to have a clean start but we'll see what happens. At the end of the day, not only I retired, but all three of us have a bit of pain."
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/15895

USA is a Mercedes track. Loooong straights and quick corners. Not to mention Hamilton's special desire to win all of his celeb friends.
    UAE is also their track.

We have just had our biggest chance but screwed it up. Barring a at least 2 DNFs from hamilton in the upcoming races (wont likely to happen as they know they have the advantage), we wont win this title race. I am actually glad that I should feel heartbroken now and not in the last race.

F1 2017 Singapore GP - Start Crash - Vettel Raikkonnen Verstappen Alonso - Replays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRlpqIwiqs

The Ferrari drivers r at fault for that accident. Looks especially bad for Seb with all the track he had on his right. Gotta be smart and safe in that situation...Seb especially. Bad job today.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 7324
    Vet is clearly in front so he has EVERY rifht to cover his position. He doesn't squeeze Ves .Ves is moving lest because he wants clear track so he can outbrake vet.BUT Kimi has already pass him so when Ves is stearing to the lest he hits Kimi to the rear right tire.Kimi spuns and turn into Vet.It is a racing accident and if someone is to blame ,that is Ves.
    Looking at that pic hurts, we were so close to pulling it off and could have been leading into the first corner 1-2 and coming out this race in a very strong position. That's life though and we will fight on

IMO that was just stupid move from Seb, he had a bad start and did try to block Max like it was a dry track...it was raining and wet, cars just don`t stop so fast... we still have a chance but now we need like few DNF`s for Mercs and we score top points.

No writing us off. But 28 points deficit will be pretty hard to overcome without any Lewis dnf.
    is it mathematically over? no. its still on, still open. But the doom and gloomers, sorry people being realistic say different. Until i know its over, im saying we can do it. 2 points os nothing, Lewis is catchable. No matter what people think, im staying positive and trusting the team, car and Seb that this is ours.

I was disappointed that Ric couldn't challenge Ham.

is it mathematically over? no. its still on, still open. But the doom and gloomers, sorry people being realistic say different. Until i know its over, im saying we can do it. 2 points os nothing, Lewis is catchable. No matter what people think, im staying positive and trusting the team, car and Seb that this is ours.
    From your lips to god's ears bro. Hope dies last.

Sure, so we have the worst possible tracks for our car ahead of us, but it's still fine. Yep, let's chill, all is fine, we will dominate Mercedes on their tracks, with their reliability and more than a win points lead.