Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

If Kimi had a better qualifying it would not have happened.............
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    the law of probabilities says Ham will DNF
    That probability of a DNF would be there for Seb too.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrarIreland View Post
    That probability of a DNF would be there for Seb too.
    he already had one?

No further action for the turn 1 crash

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    that is true buddy
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Seb wrecked his own race. It was wet, it was aggressive, it was reckless. He is not at fault, it is racing incident, but he is fault for ruining up his race no doubt.

Put the focus on 2018 now... Honestly, we lost the championship today, Watch Hamilton win every remaining race!

Vettel wont quit for sure. Kimi needs to be infront of Hamilton in one race, or at least go aggressive enough and not give an inch so that there is higher chance of DNF.

I dont know what to say except, onwards and upwards! Go seb and ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    he already had one?
    This one does not affect the next 7 races. Hamilton has 7 races, Vettel has the same 7 race, they have the same chance of getting a DNF in those 7 races.

Last edited by FerrarIreland; 17th September 2017 at 15:57. Reason: Double post grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by FerrarIreland View Post
    This one does not affect the next 7 races. Hamilton has 7 races, Vettel has the same 7 race, they have the same chance of getting a DNF in those 7 races.
    I mean over the course of the season, Vet has had one, Ham hasn't yet.

Look at Alo start on 2010. EXAXTLY the same as Vets
    https://youtu.be/MmVyfTUCbNU
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Seb wrecked his own race. It was wet, it was aggressive, it was reckless. He is not at fault, it is racing incident, but he is fault for ruining up his race no doubt.
    exactly! And after the 1st corner how on earth he managed to spun on the next straight? It was clear from Hamilton's on board cam that Vettel was on the rubbered racing line and lost the car ... even a rookie knows that could be very slippery when wet... Hamilton was on the "greener" side
    “I have nothing to lose. I can only attack and press on”

Michael Schumacher after Bahrain GP 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    exactly! And after the 1st corner how on earth he managed to spun on the next straight? It was clear from Hamilton's on board cam that Vettel was on the rubbered racing line and lost the car ... even a rookie knows that could be very slippery when wet... Hamilton was on the "greener" side
    Liters of fluids were spilling infront of his rear tire from his broken sidepod... go figure

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And if Vettel had more brain he would never cut like that on wet track.
    And if we had a better car we woudlve been WDC and and and if if if.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Look at Alo start on 2010. EXAXTLY the same as Vets
    https://youtu.be/MmVyfTUCbNU
    There was 3 cars today and 2 cars in 2010 a completely different situation

And about the swearing... I am sorry, but that is just a pose. Everyone swears. Young kids from before their teen age, young people, old people...

... Maybe it's because I experienced comunism in my country and I know, how far can this lead, but that is off topic.

My point of view is, that this age is too soft and it is getting worse. People start to worry to not say something "wrong" to not offent someone. I don't like that.[/QUOTE]

I am 110% with you. The prissiness of this forum is one of the main reasons I don't even bother posting on here for the most part. It's all so precious. I couldn't be bothered with all that 'let's keep it clean' nonsense - in this day and age?!

It's the kind of pearl-clutching that's positively Victorian - and very hypocritical by most, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Vettel didn't squeeze Max thinking Kimi was there and he want Max to get sandwiched
    Kimi wasn't alongside Max when he started the move. Vettel intended the move to be exactly like what Alonso did there.

The point here is that, Vettel wasn't being overly aggressive as some suggested. His move was a normal defensive move we see all the time.
    Neither he nor Max knew Kimi was quickly coming up on the left. Which is why Max moved to the left as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post
    And about the swearing... I am sorry, but that is just a pose. Everyone swears. Young kids from before their teen age, young people, old people...

... Maybe it's because I experienced comunism in my country and I know, how far can this lead, but that is off topic.

My point of view is, that this age is too soft and it is getting worse. People start to worry to not say something "wrong" to not offent someone. I don't like that.
    I am 110% with you. The prissiness of this forum is one of the main reasons I don't even bother posting on here for the most part. It's all so precious. I couldn't be bothered with all that 'let's keep it clean' nonsense - in this day and age?!

It's the kind of pearl-clutching that's positively Victorian - and very hypocritical by most, agreed.
    You don't post on a Ferrari F1 forum because you can't swear? LOL I am sure we will cope without you then if you are incapable of posting without swearing
    Forza Ferrari

The move of the polesiter was EXACTLY the same!!!!
    The 3d car came th last minute and only Ves could see him.If someone had to do something to avoid the collusion was Ves.The other 2 was in front of him.BUT it was a split second decision and you can only conclude that it was a race accident!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seb's move wasnt all that bad just bad luck it never worked, if he left the door open for Max then most on here would be slating him anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

I dont characterize Seb's move as overly aggressive I characterize it as stupid and unnecessary. Seb will too once he has talked it over with the team. I will point out again this incident happened well before the first corner and on a straight with the polesitter not having anybody in front or to his right to account for. He had one car to account for Max on his left and Seb literally drove right into him. Look how much track space there is on Seb's right that he easily could have used to get into and through turn one unscathed.

No further action over Ferrari/Verstappen clash http://www.racer.com/f1/item/144249-...rstappen-clash

Maurizio Arrivabene: “That was very disappointing and it was definitely not the result we were expecting. But it doesn’t mean that the battle is all over, just that it has become more difficult. We are very disappointed for our fans, but we will be back. We proved that we have an excellent car and two great drivers. All of us, those here in Singapore today and those working back in Maranello, we all have the Prancing Horse stamped on our hearts and we guarantee that we will be fighting right to the final corner of the very last Grand Prix of the year.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I had an average start and then I moved slightly to the left trying to defend my position from Max. Then I got bumped on one side as Kimi’s car hit me. I’m not sure what happened. I span at turn 3, but that’s because the car was damaged already. Today we were on the wrong side of the track, which doesn’t help. But there is nothing we can do now and for sure it is bitter, and it’s a pity we couldn’t show our pace today; but we have other races ahead of us and I am sure there will be more opportunities for us.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “At the start I had a very good jump, then I got hit; that was the end of our race. I don’t think I could have really done anything differently to avoid it, apart from doing a bad start and not being there. It’s a pity, one of those things you pay a big price for. Whatever the cause or the issue, it doesn’t change the end result unfortunately. We go to the next races ready to fight and do our best.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well the only " good " thing about this is that we get to change our gearboxes for both our cars for free.At least it's something right?

You don't seriously think Vettel knew Kimi was on the left of Max do you? It is easy seeing the whole incident on our big telly's with 6 different camera views. Seb only has a little mirror which was probably useless in the rain anyways with all the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    You don't seriously think Vettel knew Kimi was on the left of Max do you? It is easy seeing the whole incident on our big telly's with 6 different camera views. Seb only has a little mirror which was probably useless in the rain anyways with all the spray.
    It should have been a SC start

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    It should have been a SC start
    that thought had crossed my mind, I didn't think Mr Whiting would do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    It's not in our hands at all... For any realistic hope we have to rely on a Hamilton DNF.
    It is still in our hands, your confusing it with it being a difficult task. If we win all the remaining 6 races It does not matter where Hamilton finishes in each race.

It would be out of our hands if for example we have to win the remaining 6 races but Hamilton has to finish below a certain position if Seb is to win, as then we are relying on Hamiltons result.

As I said, it may be a difficult task but it's still in our hands.