Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Was surprised DR could not get even a trace of a chance to threaten LH at the front. Thought the RBR looked pretty good throughout Fri/Sat.
    this is what I don't understand either..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    probably has to do with dry setup and engine modes prior to race day......then mother nature has to step in and mess everything up including tyre strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    This race hurt! More so because we did it to ourselves. Insult to injury, LH waltzs to victory. Strong hold on the championship now. Difficult for SV to get him now, but not impossible.
    We can however kiss the WCC goodbye. We are never catching the mercs on that.

Whoever is saying it should have been a SC start... understand that SV should be the very last person in danger for a normal start in any condition. A normal start, in theory, should have benefited Seb and realistically jeopardized LH; more so in the wet. So ppl saying 'cheating' should really be the LH fans.
    Secondly, its a racing accident and if ANY blame has to be given, then it was Sebs fault. Kimi got off the line brilliantly and took the only path he could. Seb squeezed max into Kimi, a regular move under normal circumstances; but on a wet street circuit, that was rather dangerous and arrogant. And if Seb does lose the title, it will be his own arrogance he has to blame.

Was surprised DR could not get even a trace of a chance to threaten LH at the front. Thought the RBR looked pretty good throughout Fri/Sat.

Disappointed that Ocon and Perez didnt get a shot at each other; at least the race would have been fun.
    Riccardo said he had gearbox issues so just cruised to try get to the finish

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    probably has to do with dry setup and engine modes prior to race day......then mother nature has to step in and mess everything up including tyre strategy
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    +1

I forgot about this. Horner said he did'nt think Ricci would make it to the end of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Easy to say in Hindsight
    It is not "hindsight". It is and should have been foresight on behalf of the team and Seb. What do we do if Max forces the issue at the first corner? Let him go b/c we need to beat Merc. We could lose this race to both Red Bulls and still gain on Merc if we beat Merc. This team should be focused on beating Merc and ignore the RBs right now. Instead they let Max get into their heads and Seb let Max get into his head and trying to force Max to yield or send a message whatever Seb thought he was doing was stupid and u all see the result of this stupidity. Zero points for the team today and a mountain to climb to win the wdc. If ur concerned with a driver like Max at the start of a gp u give him as much room as possible u dont drive closer to him especially when u have 2/3 of the track to use to your right and he is on ur left.

oh he did? was not aware of this. Didnt hear the commentators say anything of this sort. Maybe i missed it. was bored by lap 10.
    Silently, like a shadow

oh he did? was not aware of this. Didnt hear the commentators say anything of this sort. Maybe i missed it. was bored by lap 10.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1

I forgot about this. Horner said he did'nt think Ricci would make it to the end of the race.
    What problems did Bottas have? Because he didn't even try to attack Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know Stormy.....have not come across anything but you think he would have.

Game over
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Lack of ability

Anyone who thinks we're still in the Constructor's Title hunt is delusional. Today felt an awful lot like Spa 2012...

Disappointed Since 2010

Lack of ability
    Maybe, he always seems to be terrible in the rain.

Max should not get a free pass.

Max had Vettel in front of him to the right and then saw Kimi coming like a rocket on the left - 3 cars going into the first corner at the same time, and Max is LAST of them.

Perhaps Max should have realized 3 cars could not fit into the first corner and braked a little and kept 3rd place instead risking massive crash?

If 3 cars approach the same corner, should not the car that is last be the one to break to avoid collision?

Vettel did not see Kimi and did nothing that nobody else would not have done.
    ---
    Would Kimi even make the corner with the speed he had and the wet track?

I also think it was stupid of Kimi to make a banzai move on Max in the wet.....better play it safe and stay 3rd.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

This is why Ferrari needs a second strong driver that could take on the title challenge. Vettel's driving in Baku and here have likely cost the team the chance to win.

Dont worry guys what goes around comes around. Our time will come sonner or later, I will not lose the hope. Forza!!!!!! We will fight until the end, I know Seb he can do it. Its gonna be very hard, impossible? No. But we need to win in Malaysia, Japan.
    btw: I am soo happy right now I dont care about the race, because my country Slovenia won the basketball final!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamilton-...9367--spt.html

"Vettel's recklessness plays straight into Hamilton's hands."

One can't blame Kimi but not blame Seb. Seb was the one who lethally squeezed Mad Max into Kimi not the other way around. What Seb needed to do is go in a straight line, that's it. Yeah, someone can say that Seb couldn't have known that Kimi was there, but he has to take that into consideration as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Please get yourself admitted to a mental hospital. Your mindless rambling getting tiresome.
    Tiresome , but you continue checking my rambling. I hope to keep you happy! That's not a team order!

What i dont understand is in canada, seb was in the middle and max turned left suddenly, people blamed seb. Here in sinngapore, seb was to the right he chopped in front and was well clear of max, people still blame seb. are those two different circumstances?

Vettel always going for wins and maximum points is what makes him a champion. Schumacher was the same way and he won him a championship in 1995, perhaps lost him one in 1997, and attributed to losing out in 2006 as well.

No further action by the stewards.

People need to give Ferrari/Vettel a break. I've said this before and I'll say it again... the same reason we love him is the reason we sometimes dislike him. It's his passion, his determination, his drive. He is like Michael, who did some crazy things in his time (Monaco 2006, for example). The point is you take the good with the bad. You have to! Everyone is human, including Vettel. He made a mistake and it cost him dearly. But that's it! He is still a great driver, and Ferrari's best hope in a decade. If he loses the championship, he will be more disappointed than any of us.

Honestly people! I'm disappointed to, but I won't blame Vettel's fire to win. It's the reason he is able to extract more than Kimi, the reason we are in the position we are this season. If it was up to Kimi we'd be 3rd in the WCC and 4th in the WDC.

We live, we learn, we move on. Most importantly though, we support our heros for better or worse

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Game over
    You can always start from previous checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

People need to give Ferrari/Vettel a break. I've said this before and I'll say it again... the same reason we love him is the reason we sometimes dislike him. It's his passion, his determination, his drive. He is like Michael, who did some crazy things in his time (Monaco 2006, for example). The point is you take the good with the bad. You have to! Everyone is human, including Vettel. He made a mistake and it cost him dearly. But that's it! He is still a great driver, and Ferrari's best hope in a decade. If he loses the championship, he will be more disappointed than any of us.

Honestly people! I'm disappointed to, but I won't blame Vettel's fire to win. It's the reason he is able to extract more than Kimi, the reason we are in the position we are this season. If it was up to Kimi we'd be 3rd in the WCC and 4th in the WDC.

We live, we learn, we move on. Most importantly though, we support our heros for better or worse
    Sure, but people should stop blaming others as well.

Sure, but people should stop blaming others as well.
    Totally agree. Just get over it and move on. Get ya feelings out and keep on supporting the team

a 50 point gap would be very difficult to overcome.
    28 points is still within our reach, can't wait to see Vet crowned champion in Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Look at Alo start on 2010. EXAXTLY the same as Vets
    https://youtu.be/MmVyfTUCbNU
    The moves might appear similar but they happened over completely different circumstances, your comparing apples and bananas. Alonso knew he was fighting his direct championship rival so it's a calculated risk covering off any possibility of a dive down the inside plus it was a dry start so the risk factor is totally different. Secondly he didn't have a bad start like vettel either, vettel should have realised even with a bad start he'd still be ahead of Lewis and at worst be in third. He messed up.
    Last edited by TheProdigalSon; 18th September 2017 at 07:11.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

ok, so after that disappointing and painfully bitter collapse last night, lets do the math (for the WDC at least)..

with 6 races to go and throwing away the suitability of a car to a certain track BUT taking in point that ICE spec4 is a significant upgrade, let's say VET wins them all where HAM is second:
    6 wins x 25 = 150
    6 2nds x 18 = 108

VET ends up with: 235 + 150 = 385
    HAM ends up with: 263 + 108 = 371

so mathematically, VET can still win WDC and all of us will be rejoicing..

now, VET winning 5 and being 2nd to 1 race, while HAM winning 1 and being 2nd to 5 races, they'll both end up with 378. the drivers with most wins then wins WDC..

difficult, YES but it's not totally impossible.. we don't even need to wish for a HAM DNF but it would certainly make it easier if it happens..

it's all to play for so let's hope that we get those wins. Forza!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

Wow I agree, never saw a post that made soo much sense! Great one mate.

it's gonna be a bit of a miracle to take the title off Ham,he rarely makes mistakes so we'll have to hope that the merc breaks down,but again that rarely happens so unfortunately I think yesterday was the day our title challenge died.

It's been great while it lasted and we've put in a great challenge but as we've seen in the last few seasons we drop off as the season goes on,I really hope I'm wrong but I can't really see anything other than that sod winning another championship