Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Pretty different scenario LOL and not even close to being the same. I am sure you can work out the difference well I hope so anyway.
    You said "no champion goes into a race to finish second" and I was showing you Rosberg going into a race to finish second to become champion, pretty ironic right? Doesn't matter if it's the last race or first race fighting for the championship is a season long thing, you can't drive like your not thinking about it until last minute. But if your gonna be satisfied that's how Hamilton wins because Vettel forgot who he was really fighting or that he was in a championship at all in the Singapore gp then suit yourself.
    Last edited by TheProdigalSon; 19th September 2017 at 09:20.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    You said "no champion goes into a race to finish second" and I was showing you Rosberg going into a race to finish second to become champion, pretty ironic right? Doesn't matter if it's the last race or first race fighting for the championship is a season long thing, you can't drive like your not thinking about it until last minute. But if your gonna be satisfied that's how Hamilton wins because Vettel forgot who he was really fighting or that he was in a championship at all in the Singapore gp then suit yourself.
    So you know he went into the race settling for 2nd? course not lol. Finishing 2nd does not mean you settled for 2nd before the race even began for goodness sake. I will suit myself thanks, we had a chance here to win the race and go for the win and maximise the points we could have got to Lewis. What if Seb settled for 2nd and lost the title by 7 points so yes Seb was thinking about the title by going for the win as the more points you score the chances of a title are greater which would seem rather obvious to most.....Seb is behind on points not ahead like Nico was which makes things rather different. Did we see Lewis settle for anything less than a win on Sunday? lol
    Forza Ferrari

If Vettel wins the next two races the gap would have been just 14 points with 4 races to go. We will see, but in f1 anything is possible. ;)
    Dont worry guys we will strike back!

So you know he went into the race settling for 2nd? course not lol. Finishing 2nd does not mean you settled for 2nd before the race even began for goodness sake. I will suit myself thanks, we had a chance here to win the race and go for the win and maximise the points we could have got to Lewis. What if Seb settled for 2nd and lost the title by 7 points so yes Seb was thinking about the title by going for the win as the more points you score the chances of a title are greater which would seem rather obvious to most.....Seb is behind on points not ahead like Nico was which makes things rather different. Did we see Lewis settle for anything less than a win on Sunday? lol
    To finish first, first you have to finish.

If Kimi had a better qualifying it would not have happened.............
    If Sebastian had a better start it would not have happened.......

And not settle for 2nd, why not settle for 3rd or 4th?
    Forza Ferrari

So if Vettel wins this championship by 2 points from Hamilton.............Are you gonna turn around and call Hammy a toss for giving up those 3 points in Hungary ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

And not settle for 2nd, why not settle for 3rd or 4th?
    You'd rather settle for DNF then finish second to a non contender, is that it?

You'd rather settle for DNF then finish second to a non contender, is that it?
    That's not quite what I said....you don't settle for 2nd before the race starts is what I said....

So why not settle for 2nd on the grid and let Max take pole?
    Forza Ferrari

That's not quite what I said....you don't settle for 2nd before the race starts is what I said....

This has got nothing to do with settling for anything, it's about thinking ahead. If you do get a bad start and your fighting for the world championship don't crash out trying to win back the lead at the beginning of a two hour race to someone who's not even in the championship. See the difference?

Oh come on, just get over it and move on. I cant believe we are still discussing this...

That is exactly what you are saying if you are accusing me of "settle for second".

Take a look in the mirror.

Just saw the Italian Press bash and slam Ferrari

Good, it was a disaster and cost a years worth of work. They deserve the flack for that.

Hopefully they will get better in season development guys that would give Ferrari a car that can win everywhere and not just 3-4 tracks.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Singapore's Start-line Crash: All The Camera Angles and on-boards by those involved and not involved (Hulk) in the melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2T1_VrTcoo&t=3s

Note: Max's steering wheel is mostly straight until Vettel moves left then Max moves left slightly....then the hit from Kimi.

Kimi's onboard : I'm gonna go out on a limb here but it's just speculating, look how fast Vettel comes to Kimi's right..then the contact between himself and Max. Could one speculate givin Kimi's speed (faster than Vettel), track position (inside on the straight of turn 1), track condition (wet), and tyres that a crash was 'likely" to happen between the two cannoli's IF Max was not there for the cannoli sandwich.

Can someone copy and paste the article please

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...e-their-season

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    That is exactly what you are saying if you are accusing me of "settle for second".

Take a look in the mirror.
    I quoted your words saying just that, it's not an accusation you actually said it......
    Forza Ferrari

This has got nothing to do with settling for anything, it's about thinking ahead. If you do get a bad start and your fighting for the world championship don't crash out trying to win back the lead at the beginning of a two hour race to someone who's not even in the championship. See the difference?
    Seb's start wasnt that bad, he had enough room to block off Max......just he didn't know Kimi was there. Seb has a winner mentality thankfully and settling for 2nd is not really his nature....which is probably why he drives a Ferrari and your sat on the armchair being the expert driver
    Forza Ferrari

Seb's start wasnt that bad, he had enough room to block off Max......just he didn't know Kimi was there. Seb has a winner mentality thankfully and settling for 2nd is not really his nature....which is probably why he drives a Ferrari and your sat on the armchair being the expert driver

Well said !!

Oh, don't forget to mention " F1 Play station "......Where results can be achieved by sitting on the couch too

I quoted your words saying just that, it's not an accusation you actually said it......
    No you provided your own erroneous definition. In your brain you turned it into what you wanted it to be so you could argue or whatever it is you are doing.

That's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Oh, don't forget to mention " F1 Play station "......Where results can be achieved by sitting on the couch too
    Hey, Stroll confirms his play on his PlayStation is a comparison of the current F1 races.........

No you provided your own erroneous definition. In your brain you turned it into what you wanted it to be so you could argue or whatever it is you are doing.

That's on you.

Do I need to quote your words again?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Oh come on, just get over it and move on. I cant believe we are still discussing this...

And congratulations for winning the gold medal in Eurobasket 2017!

Do I need to quote your words again?
    Do what you want I will ignore you henceforth.

That's on you.

No. You actually said that the team should have discussed a scenario before the race where Vettel should let Max by and settle for being second in to the first corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    What else is there to discuss?
    The weather here is pretty good, no hurricanes. How's it there?

While Vettel is a 4x WDC......lately or the last 2 years his actions on the track are concerning with regards to his penalty points added to his super-license. Was he not 3 pts shy from a race ban? He cannot let these mind-games get to him.....F1 is 50% drive and 50% mental. Baku with Lewis was a complete muck-up. Now Max is in his head; and it probably won't be the first time Max gets in Vettels head.

I have seen Lewis(3x WDC possibly going to a 4th unless his car blows up ) behind Max and at one point even said "there's no-way I'm getting past this guy" in the most dominant F1 car on the grid because Lewis did not want to risk his pts (at that time was tight with Vettel) against someone with pratically any points and a fight for the WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    While Vettel is a 4x WDC......lately or the last 2 years his actions on the track are concerning with regards to his penalty points added to his super-license. Was he not 3 pts shy from a race ban? He cannot let these mind-games get to him.....F1 is 50% drive and 50% mental. Baku with Lewis was a complete muck-up. Now Max is in his head; and it probably won't be the first time Max gets in Vettels head.

I have seen Lewis(3x WDC possibly going to a 4th unless his car blows up ) behind Max and at one point even said "there's no-way I'm getting past this guy" in the most dominant F1 car on the grid because Lewis did not want to risk his pts (at that time was tight with Vettel) against someone with pratically any points and a fight for the WDC.
    I have to agree with you unfortunately !

But then, this is where it stands :

Race Points Incident

2016 British Grand Prix 2 Forced Felipe Massa off the track.......( This was really a stupid one! )
    2016 Malaysian Grand Prix 2 Caused a collision with Nico Rosberg ...... ( lets add to that, Bottas has not been slapped a fine for either of these infringements.
    2016 Mexican Grand Prix 2 Drove dangerously (incident involving Daniel Ricciardo) ...... That was pathetic to say the least. i thought he got a fine for swearing at charlie ???
    2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 3 Caused a collision with Lewis Hamilton...... ( i would have done the same ).......

But i get your point.......Just don't know if any have come off since Silverstone ??

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I have to agree with you unfortunately !

But then, this is where it stands :

Race Points Incident

2016 British Grand Prix 2 Forced Felipe Massa off the track.......( This was really a stupid one! )
    2016 Malaysian Grand Prix 2 Caused a collision with Nico Rosberg ...... ( lets add to that, Bottas has not been slapped a fine for either of these infringements.
    2016 Mexican Grand Prix 2 Drove dangerously (incident involving Daniel Ricciardo) ...... That was pathetic to say the least. i thought he got a fine for swearing at charlie ???
    2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 3 Caused a collision with Lewis Hamilton...... ( i would have done the same ).......

But i get your point.......Just don't know if any have come off since Silverstone ??
    Silverstone has come off.

Strange... I didn't see him driving a Ferrari, I saw him sat on the sidelines watching the race, funny that.

No max was already backed out of it once he saw kimi coming and vettel aggressively veering him within there tires that's why he was behind when they hit, vettel's trajectory would have put him straight into his own team mate.

Strange... I didn't see him driving a Ferrari, I saw him sat on the sidelines watching the race, funny that.

No max was already backed out of it once he saw kimi coming and vettel aggressively veering him within there tires that's why he was behind when they hit, vettel's trajectory would have put him straight into his own team mate.
    So Seb wasn't driving a Ferrari on Sunday....so the rest of your point is rather pointless.......

Seb's move would have been perfectly fine if Kimi was not there simple really. Max never backed out of anything, he probably doesn't want to settle for 2nd either.....
    Forza Ferrari