Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    It should have been a SC start
    Zike, for once......(biting my tongue).....hold on....."HEY KIDS!!! GET THE FREAK OFF MY LAWN!!!!!.........I'm gonna have to agree with Charlie on this one. He made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If Kimi had a better qualifying it would not have happened.............
    Exactly!!!! Thank you. This is the one post explaining everything!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    dont tempt fate, we got lucky yesterday with #51. Anything can happen to anyone anytime.
    Shear prophecy!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    You don't seriously think Vettel knew Kimi was on the left of Max do you? It is easy seeing the whole incident on our big telly's with 6 different camera views. Seb only has a little mirror which was probably useless in the rain anyways with all the spray.
    Vettel move was normal but risky and it's most likely cost him the championship the 2010 move could easily of ended Alonso championship challenge had Seb reacted a second later

If it was a SC start it would not happened,

If it didn't rain it would not have happened.

The end of the day we just had very bad luck

At least if Ric could have won he would've taken 7 points off Ham. No luck at all today, so we are due some now.

FerrariSteve Guest
    What an utter disaster that was. Gutted and Sky's pure GLEE in the double Ferrari DNF was so plain it was hideous.

The WDC is gone now for this year, sure its only 28pts but let's be honest most of the tracks to come will benefit the Merc, we might get lucky and win 1 or lets be generous and say 2, but still the points gap is just too wide. I don't blame Max or Kimi (what a superb start he got), I do partially blame Seb as he didn't have to move across that far tbh. but lets put it down to an unlucky racing incident. :(

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    If it was a SC start it would not happened,

If it didn't rain it would not have happened.

The end of the day we just had very bad luck
    Way too many if... It were same conditions to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Vettel move was normal but risky and it's most likely cost him the championship the 2010 move could easily of ended Alonso championship challenge had Seb reacted a second later
    Vet did what anyone else would have done, Schumi was notorious for it and had it named after him ' the Schuey chop'. In hindsight he should not have done it due to the collision but at the time if he didn't do it then Max would have taken the lead into turn 1 as he had the inside line and better start. Why it didn't work was because Kimi was side by side with Max which Vettel would not have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Vet did what anyone else would have done, Schumi was notorious for it and had it named after him ' the Schuey chop'. In hindsight he should not have done it due to the collision but at the time if he didn't do it then Max would have taken the lead into turn 1 as he had the inside line and better start. Why it didn't work was because Kimi was side by side with Max which Vettel would not have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    that is true buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    And if Vettel had more brain he would never cut like that on wet track.
    And if we had a better car we woudlve been WDC and and and if if if.
    good point....don't agree with the "more brain" part but I get what your sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly!!!! Thank you. This is the one post explaining everything!!!!

really guys....at least one replyed regarding the "IF" and "coulda-woulda-shoulda" theory right. IF did'nt happen. IT happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Watching the replays again, I would blame Kimi for this one although all 3 was guilty to some point. Why would he steer right into Max?? I dont understand. Kimi had enough space on the right and even if he kept his steering wheel straight that could have been a first place for him going into turn 1.
    But why did Seb have to make this stupid too aggresive move to Ver?? He did not need it at all. He could cover him with just a slight left.. IT IS SEB'S FAULT ALL OVER.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    This race was the real turning point of the season. Failed to seize it, now the WDC is Merc's to lose.
    Back in 2008 Sin'pore was again a turning point for Massa and the WDC. Still remember Ferrari staff carrying the fuel hose all along the pit lane. A nightmare repeated today.

You clearly didn't see my reply to the other post, I agree too many 'ifs' which I was trying to make the point as someone said if kimi didnt have a good start it could have been avoided.

Who cares if Max takes lead into turn one? Who cares if he leads after first lap or wins race? Red Bull cant win any titles this season. Ferrari needs to beat Merc that's it. Guess where WDC would be right now if Seb had ignored Max like he should have and finished race in 2nd???

Talk about the worst set of circumstances. Waking up I was thinking this is a dream race for Ferrari. Likely Ferrari's best track against Mercedes worst track of the remaining races.

Wet race... Crap! While I love a wet race, this takes away the conditions that Ferrari were so strong against Mercedes, but still, track position is there, just need a clean start.

Well we know how that went. Of course the teams were quick the point the fingers at each other. Saying it was clearly Max's fault, it wasn't. Saying Max kept a straight line, he didn't. 100 replays and people still had a hard time with how the cars moved. Max did move right, then back left as Vettel was closing left on him. Unfortunately Kimi had a remarkable start and with his wonderful luck, got clipped and turned into Vettel. Perhaps if Vettel didn't make such an aggressive move towards Max things would have been different, but that move isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Stewards have it right by not issuing any further penalties.

Unfortunately, it's probably championship over. Sure we can hope for the best, perhaps Lewis will DNF as well. But the remaining races are more suited towards Mercedes IMO, and their development program seems to have been better than Ferrari's.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Who cares if Max takes lead into turn one? Who cares if he leads after first lap or wins race? Red Bull cant win any titles this season. Ferrari needs to beat Merc that's it. Guess where WDC would be right now if Seb had ignored Max like he should have and finished race in 2nd???
    Easy to say in Hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Easy to say in Hindsight

Exactly but some points are better than zero points.

He was fighting for 1st place in the 1st corner, where do you want him to be? Trying to spin this to become somehow Kimi's fault. I'm used to your crazy talk from time to time, but more worringly is that some agree with you
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 17th September 2017 at 19:15.

Maybe we should focus more on 2018 project, just maybe

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He was fighting for 1st place in the 1st corner, where do you want him to be? Trying to spin this to become somehow Kimi's fault.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    But why did Seb have to make this stupid too aggresive move to Ver?? He did not need it at all. He could cover him with just a slight left.. IT IS SEB'S FAULT ALL OVER.
    Looking at the move it's easy to say it's Seb's fault. But Seb did what any other driver in the lead would have done. He was well ahead of Max and so was Kimi. If any other driver would have been 2nd, i don't think this would have happened. Most other drivers would have seen the chop and moved to Seb's right to counter. But Max has this idiot mentality where he doesn't think he needs to move for anyone and never thinks he needs to concede space on the race track. if other driver's had this mentality, then so many of them wold be running into the back of him when he makes his late changes on the straights. Sure Vettel didn't need to cut so far across and could have given Max the first corner, but Hamilton wasn't that far behind and had a pretty decent run going as well. If Vettel didn't have the inside for turn 1, then he would have lost turn 2. I think Max had it in his head that he wasn't going to yield no matter what Vettel did.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Looking at the move it's easy to say it's Seb's fault. But Seb did what any other driver in the lead would have done. He was well ahead of Max and so was Kimi. If any other driver would have been 2nd, i don't think this would have happened. Most other drivers would have seen the chop and moved to Seb's right to counter. But Max has this idiot mentality where he doesn't think he needs to move for anyone and never thinks he needs to concede space on the race track. if other driver's had this mentality, then so many of them wold be running into the back of him when he makes his late changes on the straights. Sure Vettel didn't need to cut so far across and could have given Max the first corner, but Hamilton wasn't that far behind and had a pretty decent run going as well. If Vettel didn't have the inside for turn 1, then he would have lost turn 2. I think Max had it in his head that he wasn't going to yield no matter what Vettel did.
    I am not a fan of Max and he's caused his share of crashes, but he had nowhere to go. He's not going to brake early because Seb is squeezing him. If he was thinking "don't yield" then his head was completely in the right spot. He wanted to win with a car that had a chance, and Vettel had everything to lose so he shouldn't allow Vettel to bully him. His only option is to move back left or hit Vettel, if Vettel was to keep squeezing him. He didn't expect Kimi to be right there. Seb's cut to the left is really what caused it, but only because Kimi had a great start and was along side Max. Point fingers at whoever you like, but the bottom line is it's a racing incident because of the unique circumstances of all 3 cars at that exact moment.

This race hurt! More so because we did it to ourselves. Insult to injury, LH waltzs to victory. Strong hold on the championship now. Difficult for SV to get him now, but not impossible.
    We can however kiss the WCC goodbye. We are never catching the mercs on that.

Whoever is saying it should have been a SC start... understand that SV should be the very last person in danger for a normal start in any condition. A normal start, in theory, should have benefited Seb and realistically jeopardized LH; more so in the wet. So ppl saying 'cheating' should really be the LH fans.
    Secondly, its a racing accident and if ANY blame has to be given, then it was Sebs fault. Kimi got off the line brilliantly and took the only path he could. Seb squeezed max into Kimi, a regular move under normal circumstances; but on a wet street circuit, that was rather dangerous and arrogant. And if Seb does lose the title, it will be his own arrogance he has to blame.

Was surprised DR could not get even a trace of a chance to threaten LH at the front. Thought the RBR looked pretty good throughout Fri/Sat.

Disappointed that Ocon and Perez didnt get a shot at each other; at least the race would have been fun.
    Silently, like a shadow

It seems like that until you realize that both Vettel And Kimi were ahead of Max. He could have yielded. He was beaten out of the box by Vettel and Kimi. The guy in fronth as the right to go where he wants on the track. How does he know who is coming up behind him? if every f1 driver never yields there would be a heck of a lot more accidents and less successful passes.

I have seen instances where drivers go 2 wide into a turn and on the exit of the turn...respecting their space. Most of the time on the exit(2 wide) the inside driver goes wide whereby they push the driver outside even further. 3 wide is cause for a "racing incident" and no one is going to yield going into a turn due to no one is going to respect the other guys space. This did'nt happen going into a turn, in fact far from it. 3 wide on a straight happens but this time the outside driver cut in way to soon and the middle driver got sandwiched. The outside driver did'nt know or see the third driver (Kimi) who had a blistering start and was carrying so much speed than the other two. Max had to follow Vettel, along his side, as Vettel moved way over and sandwiched Max into Kimi.....all three were racing for that first turn....it happens.

I have seen instances where drivers go 2 wide into a turn and on the exit of the turn...respecting their space. Most of the time on the exit(2 wide) the inside driver goes wide whereby they push the driver outside even further. 3 wide is cause for a "racing incident" and no one is going to yield going into a turn due to no one is going to respect the other guys space. This did'nt happen going into a turn, in fact far from it. 3 wide on a straight happens but this time the outside driver cut in way to soon and the middle driver got sandwiched. The outside driver did'nt know or see the third driver (Kimi) who had a blistering start and was carrying so much speed than the other two. Max had to follow Vettel, along his side, as Vettel moved way over and sandwiched Max into Kimi.....all three were racing for that first turn....it happens.

I cant see how Max can be blamed for this. The boy is aggressive and sometimes a bit too optimistic. That said, he really had no hand in this accident.
    Seb is a 4 time champion. He should have known better that to test another drivers fortitude when he was in a title battle that was just 3 points apart.
    Silently, like a shadow