Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Seb needed to be smart. He wasn't. You simply want to excuse a stupid decision by the Ferrari driver who wrecked his own race before somebody else had a chance to wreck it for him at the first corner.
    Not really. I'm saying that what Seb did is what countless others have done and what future pole sitters will do. I'm not saying his move didn't cause the issue, but that Max had a way out. Hamilton says he would have done the same as Seb. Max said he saw Kimi coming up the side and obviously saw Seb moving over. So why not slow down?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Not really. I'm saying that what Seb did is what countless others have done and what future pole sitters will do. I'm not saying his move didn't cause the issue, but that Max had a way out. Hamilton says he would have done the same as Seb. Max said he saw Kimi coming up the side and obviously saw Seb moving over. So why not slow down?
    So you will listen to Hamilton who can say what he wants since he won the race but you won't listen to somebody like Nikki Lauda, who said if Seb had simply driven straight on he would have gotten into turn 1 in the lead and gone on to win the race.

Hmmm...

You do not make this decision on the grid at the start of a race. You make it before the race in your driver briefing.

"Seb, what do we do at the start of the race if Max gets a good start and looks like he might take the lead?"

"We let him go b/c we are not racing Max for any titles. We need to beat Mercedes and Hamilton. That is our #1 goal. We can still win the title if Max wins this race as long as we beat Hamilton and gain points on Hamilton. I am only three points behind Lewis now. If I finish second and he finishes third, we will be tied in WDC points. If I cause a crash at the start by doing a stupid move and knock myself out of the race before the first corner and Hamilton goes on to win that is the worst possible outcome I can make happen. I will make sure I don't tangle with Max at the start b/c all I need to worry about Max is not to get into an accident by worrying about Max."

"That is correct, Seb. Make sure you keep your eyes on the prize, and beating Max into turn one tomorrow is not the prize."
    Absolutely in agreement, it could have put a smile on our faces even without a win. Instead we woke up this morning wondering what the hell happened.

No champion is going to decide on settling for 2nd before a race LOL, they want to win. Beating Lewis was the goal and to beat him you outscore him and last time I looked you got more points for a win than settling for 2nd.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No champion is going to decide on settling for 2nd before a race LOL, they want to win. Beating Lewis was the goal and to beat him you outscore him and last time I looked you got more points for a win than settling for 2nd.
    Did Seb beat Lewis yesterday?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Hamilton won nothing really kissed on the by a ferry he simply tip toed his way around the carnage and won if it was accident free now way he would have won very lucky lad right place right time what comes around goes around stay positive .

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    And that tells us what? When did he settle for 2nd before a race?
    Forza Ferrari

The only person using the words "settle for 2nd before a race" is you.

The only person using the words "settle for 2nd before a race" is you.
    You do not make this decision on the grid at the start of a race. You make it before the race in your driver briefing.

"Seb, what do we do at the start of the race if Max gets a good start and looks like he might take the lead?"

"We let him go b/c we are not racing Max for any titles. We need to beat Mercedes and Hamilton. That is our #1 goal. We can still win the title if Max wins this race as long as we beat Hamilton and gain points on Hamilton. I am only three points behind Lewis now. If I finish second and he finishes third, we will be tied in WDC points. If I cause a crash at the start by doing a stupid move and knock myself out of the race before the first corner and Hamilton goes on to win that is the worst possible outcome I can make happen. I will make sure I don't tangle with Max at the start b/c all I need to worry about Max is not to get into an accident by worrying about Max."

"That is correct, Seb. Make sure you keep your eyes on the prize, and beating Max into turn one tomorrow is not the prize."
    Forza Ferrari

So you will listen to Hamilton who can say what he wants since he won the race but you won't listen to somebody like Nikki Lauda, who said if Seb had simply driven straight on he would have gotten into turn 1 in the lead and gone on to win the race.

Hmmm...

Ok. Maybe we are having understanding issues. What I said was that Seb was entitled to his move because he was the lead car, therefore it is up to the car behind to find space. Maybe if Seb went straight he would have been fine. But like Hamilton said.. you don't know where your opponent is if you can't see him in your mirrors, so almost every pole sitter goes across to head him off. I'm saying that Max should have lifted, not Seb.
    The day you and your team decide the night before to give away the first corner in the middle of a points fight... might as well hang them up.

I'm destroyed. What the hell was he thinking being so aggressive? Jesus...I think he wanted to prove something to Verstappen as he did got better of him on few occasions (Silverstone and Mexico last year).

So what WE will say if seb let go MV or not move the way he move?
    That he's not a champion because he didn't defend his position?
    To me MV had the choice and to the way a see the replay was the MV touch Kimi.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Very poor judgment on Seb's part. Most likely blew his championship chances right there. Oh well, the car seems fairly competitive so in the right hands and the right circuits, we may win again.

By the way, MV yet again proved what a dingleberry he is. He may be a wet track wizard but his risk assessment abilities are really poor. He won't become champion by continuing this way. The proof's in the pudding....no points.

Hilarious that the only car in the top six not affected badly by the incident was Hamilton, and then Ricciardos car had problem so he could not challenge. oh well...

The rain master drives without spray in the lead and after the race wonders why the others complained about poor visibilitiy etc. Sighs.

Both Ferrari drivers made completely idiotic decisions at the start considering it was wet and they raced Verstappen.

And if Kimi would have gotten 2nd? What difference would it have made anyway? Max would have passed in at the pitstops anyways as Kimi is dead slow and always runs into trouble every race.

The only time in 2 years Kimi could have helped Vettel and this was the outcome. And Kimis dont care attitude is tiresome to watch. Ferrari should have moved on from him years ago.

The guy is a PR disaster and a mediocre drivers getting worse each year.
    Last edited by Lesky; 18th September 2017 at 21:02.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    By the way, MV yet again proved what a dingleberry he is. He may be a wet track wizard but his risk assessment abilities are really poor. He won't become champion by continuing this way. The proof's in the pudding....no points.
    Yes, he should have take it easy to finish some races. And also since he is so good in the wet, he would have passed Kimi in the pitstops or by strategy, no problems. Max focus should be on finishing races, not winning them in the first corner. He will lose a lot if he goes on like that, he does not need to win the race in the first corner with his talent.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Ok. Maybe we are having understanding issues. What I said was that Seb was entitled to his move because he was the lead car, therefore it is up to the car behind to find space. Maybe if Seb went straight he would have been fine. But like Hamilton said.. you don't know where your opponent is if you can't see him in your mirrors, so almost every pole sitter goes across to head him off. I'm saying that Max should have lifted, not Seb.
    The day you and your team decide the night before to give away the first corner in the middle of a points fight... might as well hang them up.
    Seb's opponent for the title is not Max. It's Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Yes, he should have take it easy to finish some races. And also since he is so good in the wet, he would have passed Kimi in the pitstops or by strategy, no problems. Max focus should be on finishing races, not winning them in the first corner. He will lose a lot if he goes on like that, he does not need to win the race in the first corner with his talent.
    Yea, that too. Its rain in Singapore, not hard for Max to pass Kimi during race, but then again, he wasn't even THAT aggressive this time. Actually, most aggressive driver was Kimi this time (in rain, first corner while Seb got pole, jeez...). In any case, all 3 drivers went in like total nutjobs in soaked start and while Kimi and Max could have taken eachother out, Seb should have been much more careful. But again, he has point to prove to Max I think. He is sick of him.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    You guys know what defending my place in the start means??You see drivers putting their car on the grid completely sideways .And on the start they move in front of the guy beside to block him.Thats what Vet did and you blame him.For a move that it is made from hundreds of drivers????????
    It's just that you shouldn't do that on wet conditions when there's no visibility. And with a start like Seb had, there was a big possibility that VES was not the only car Seb was fighting for the first corner..

Did you actually watch the Abu Dhabi race last year? Rosberg drove to win the championship, it didnt matter if he won the race. He chose his battles wisely and came out world champion. Sure he could have tried to pass Hamilton and risk taking himself out just to win one race but he didn't and why would he? If Vettel hadn't have panicked about losing the lead to the non contenders then he would still be in the race and in contention to still win it but most importantly be ahead of Hamilton and take home valuable points, instead he took himself and them out. Can't win a race or championship on the first lap but you can sure as hell lose one.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

There's plenty to be disappointed about, but you know what would be really nice? How about instead of blaming Vettel and/or Raikkonen, or saying they are stupid or worthless, we continue to support them and the team instead of being a bunch of fairweather fans.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    There's plenty to be disappointed about, but you know what would be really nice? How about instead of blaming Vettel and/or Raikkonen, or saying they are stupid or worthless, we continue to support them and the team instead of being a bunch of fairweather fans.
    agree!!!!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

What does the Italian press have to say about Seb and Singapore?

Meh. Was extremely gutted initially but then who cares? IMHO, 2 broken Ferraris in turn one beats 2 Mercs on the podium. All this alpha macho hardcore winner crud is straight out of an '80s karate movie. As Shakespeare once said: y'all trippin'.

Ferrari will come back harder in Malaysia watch out.
    I'm sensing vet victory at Malaysia.
    But what we need is Kimi to perform strong in the next couple of races n stay ahead of ham.

why?
    You are arguing with a dumb Lewis fan it is pointless

Kimi needs to perform much better then he did in last 3years in next 6 races. he needs to get infront of Hamilton on at least 2 occasions and defend position even if it means crashing.

to be honest I had thought about the start before the race and it seemed logical to me that if Max was quick off the line, Seb would have let him go and finished 2nd or taken the lead during the pit stop. But then he's a 4xWDC and I'm an armchair fan, so what do I know?
    Still, this title battle is not over yet, not by a long shot. And even if Seb doesn't win the title, it won't be down to just Singapore, but also Baku and Silverstone. Some bad luck is coming Lewis' way, it's bound to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Did you actually watch the Abu Dhabi race last year? Rosberg drove to win the championship, it didnt matter if he won the race. He chose his battles wisely and came out world champion. Sure he could have tried to pass Hamilton and risk taking himself out just to win one race but he didn't and why would he?
    Pretty different scenario LOL and not even close to being the same. I am sure you can work out the difference well I hope so anyway.
    Forza Ferrari