Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Should we hope for rain tomorrow? Or our chassis doesn't work well in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It's not bending the rules if you crash into someone on purpose
    Totally agree with you. How is intentionally crashing into someone bending the rules. If ham DNFs then good but we should never wish ill will into our rivals and especially not use one of our cars to crash. That is unsporting. Ferrari will never order it, kimi wont do it and i honestly believe vettel wont approve of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    His poles are irrelevant imo. The majority of his 43 poles with Merc he has only had one competitor to fight pole for. (Other than this year where he has had actual competition. Please stop acting like he is the GOAT.
    I find this attitude quite strange among Ferrari fans. Do you feel the same about Schumi's results? He alongside Ferrari was so dominant, that FIA changed the rules to even the field. I mean the points.

IMO the legendary drivers tend to find themselves in dominant teams sooner or later.

I just noticed, Lewis also had a small lock up at the same place Kimi had one so Lewis didn't have a perfect lap as well.
    Lewis was nowhere on his last lap from S1 he didn't set any fastest at all.

Kimi and seb looked lackluster in wets, i think we can do much better in the dry, some safety cars though will really be awesome :D, kimi needs to channel his younger self tomorrow
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

No need of rain.
    Just need a bit of luck with SC at right time, vet has plenty of tyre choices available.
    So we need SC at some point in favour of Vettel.

Just need a bit of luck similar to wt ham got in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    very true, getting a good headstart for next year, with more resources would be better imo, the championship is mercs to lose and ferrari/seb need too many twists that is realistically ever going to happen to catch hamilton/mercs
    With 150 points up for grabs and a 28 point deficit, its too early for that. Remember its the single race at Singapore that has caused this big deficit, so needs only one race of the other kind to put it back to where it should be.

Well...2nd place to Max in Singapore and 18 points in the bag would be looking pretty good right now.

Too many mistakes from Ferrari all around this year...don't see a team ready to win a championship.

This is just torture.

i am totally gutted as to what happened to Seb....if it was indeed a pressure line fitted to the turbo NOT fastnened properly, someone's gonna get some REAL HEAT

oh well, it is what it is.....at least if Seb starts from all the way back, at least we should put brand new parts around the ICE as well....like new turbo, central electronics, mgu-h, mgu-k, so make everything NEW so taht later in the season we have brand new parts for the remaining of the races
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    I find this attitude quite strange among Ferrari fans. Do you feel the same about Schumi's results? He alongside Ferrari was so dominant, that FIA changed the rules to even the field. I mean the points.

IMO the legendary drivers tend to find themselves in dominant teams sooner or later.
    The difference is Schumi was dominant not the Ferrari maybe apart from 2004. 2002 and 2004 are the only years Rubens managed to finish P2 in WDC. Even in those years the differences was a lot less than Merc recent advantage.

For instance in 2002 Montoya got 7 poles in 17 races in Williams.

5th engine for Sebastien tomorrow. At least now we can be sure to have enough for the rest of the season. .. source is amus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No need of rain.
    Just need a bit of luck with SC at right time, vet has plenty of tyre choices available.
    So we need SC at some point in favour of Vettel.

Can see this scenario happening. It will cut Lewis's lead and bunch up the field during the race giving Seb more opportunities to move up the field.

Provided who that SC is/are for is okay.

If rain then it helps even more with a SC or two SC's.

MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX – SWEET AND SOUR IN SEPANG
    ferrari-media

Kimi P2, Seb with no lap times: “We’ve got a a chance, and a good car to recover”

Sepang, Malaysia – On a day in which Kimi showed the potential of Scuderia Ferrari by taking P2 on the grid after a hard-fought battle, Seb was unable to set a time due to a problem which prevented the compressor from feeding air to the engine properly. A new V6 engine had been fitted to his SF70 after P3 for precautionary reasons, and the engine came complete with parts which had been run before and were factory-proven. Nevertheless, the Team is determined to fight to the end.

“Straight away I understood there was something wrong” said Seb. “Today we had decided to change the engine after P3, then I went out and everything seemed to work, but during the flying lap in turn 5, I suddenly felt like I was losing power. I was lucky to limp back to the garage so that we could have a look. Unfortunately, we couldn’t fix the problem. We tried to find the issue when we took the engine cover off, but we couldn’t find anything wrong. So, we decided to fire it up and see if we could drive again. As soon as the engine was running, we could see the issue was still there. It’s a shame because the car is quick, but tomorrow we should be able to fight back. I don’t have expectations in terms of numbers, but anything can happen and that’s why we race. I want to be sure we can achieve our best. We need to know why we got the issue today and make sure it won’t happen again. This kind of thing can happen in our sport, but the race is tomorrow. We need to be positive”.

Kimi had this to say about his qualifying: “Our car has been handling well all weekend. Today in qualifying we got close, but we would have needed a fractionally faster lap time. I think that the car had it, but you can always lose a little bit here and there. It’s disappointing not to be first, but tomorrow is going to be a long race for both cars and tires. I have the feeling that we have a good car and a very good chance for the race. If it’s going to be dry we are probably more confident, but our car has been good in both conditions and with all fuel loads. What happened to Seb is disappointing, very unfortunate for him and for the team. The guys did an excellent job to change all the parts getting the car back in one piece and ready to go, but then unfortunately he had to stop. Tomorrow is another day, he will have good speed and I’m sure that he can recover well”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari to give Sebastian Vettel new engine components following Malaysia GP Qualifying failure http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ifying-failure … via @SkySports

I feel sick.

Disappointed Since 2010

FIA technical letter with regards to Sebs car:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK-bMN6W0AA6Yzv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    FIA technical letter with regards to Sebs car:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK-bMN6W0AA6Yzv.jpg
    So new engine with new MGU-H, new TC too???
    This will give advantage in race + next tracks where he can have electrical components in reserve which he can use without penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Can see this scenario happening. It will cut Lewis's lead and bunch up the field during the race giving Seb more opportunities to move up the field.

Provided who that SC is/are for is okay.

If rain then it helps even more with a SC or two SC's.
    SC probability will always be high with likes of mad max, Grosjean, k-mag, stroll, palmer, sauber cars on track.
    If vet can have clean start n make atleast 5 places up mainly need to clear those Williams soon.

As we can easily clear TR cars, McLaren, Renault hulk.
    Then again those force india ....

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    The difference is Schumi was dominant not the Ferrari maybe apart from 2004. 2002 and 2004 are the only years Rubens managed to finish P2 in WDC. Even in those years the differences was a lot less than Merc recent advantage.

For instance in 2002 Montoya got 7 poles in 17 races in Williams.
    Hard to compare because of the different times. Schumi had the oppotunity to test, test and test whenever he wanted. That is a great testament of true workmanship but Lewis can't do that. IMO the dominant car doesn't always mean P1 and P2 in WDC. The Ferrari team was built around Schumacher. Same doesn't apply to Hamilton.

To cut this short. Both drivers are among the best of the best.

Ah I give up guys. I feel empty after todays qualy... Dont know what to say. Its sad. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ah I give up guys. I feel empty after todays qualy... Dont know what to say. Its sad. :(
    I was not sad anymore after todays quali. All my grief was used up at singapore. I just laughed at the situation :(

still, I'd like to see Kimi win if he possibly can.

Hard to compare because of the different times. Schumi had the oppotunity to test, test and test whenever he wanted. That is a great testament of true workmanship but Lewis can't do that. IMO the dominant car doesn't always mean P1 and P2 in WDC. The Ferrari team was built around Schumacher. Same doesn't apply to Hamilton.

Schumacher built the team around him as well as building his car due to unlimited testing....corrected it for ya.

agree with everything else.

Hamilton, under this formula/era, is under Mercedes UBER technical staff. The tech. staff build the car around him and tell him what is wrong with the car and tell him what to do....strat. modes, tyre degredation under modes, strategy during the race, brake temps. Todays drivers with the exception of a couple (Vettel to name one) don't really know their cars let alone drive them (flat-out) due to all this PU complex wizardry from the tech. staff back in the pits and HQ. By no means is this a take-away from Hamiltons accolades....different rules and different formula's.....no comparison. Just being at the right place at the right time. History in the making as all of us are watching and quite lucky to witness it.

Alonso, aside from his past with other teams, is the better "talented" driver compared to Vettel....he just made the wrong decisions and burned some bridges along the way....being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Keep Faith!!

It will come someday. hopefully tomorow ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    I was not sad anymore after todays quali. All my grief was used up at singapore. I just laughed at the situation :(
    I felt the same, Monza was bad enough but then Singapore capped it, now Seb has to start last......it's as if HAM and Merc had divine intervention since the summer break. I can't laugh at the situation but if Seb can fight through the field tomorrow and Kimi can play with HAM and Max, we can still get a decent result. We live in hope as always, but it's sickening to see it all going Merc's way.

Quality of McLaren chassis shining: @alo_oficial reached top speed in T10: 163.9kph - 5.2kph faster than RedBulls, 11.6kph faster than Stroll.

I realize its the Sepang track.....but if it was'nt for that "lawn-mower" at the back, imagine where VAN or ALO would be right now on the grid. Let's see what next

year brings with regards to Mclarens PU issues/reliability/hp now that Honda is out of the picture.

This year alone Valteri let through Lewis more times than anyone did Schumacher in his entire Ferrari stint. I also don't see Schumacher in his prime years to be beaten, get outscored by a driver of Button's caliber. Or cant imagine a scenario micheal finishing the year at 5th spot while his teammate is second at the endof the year. To cut this short, no comparison...

If the car is that dominant, you have to have a really bad second driver to not to achieve P1, P2 in WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    ......it's as if HAM and Merc had divine intervention since the summer break.
    and Silverstone too.