Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Come on guys. We dont have to resort to dirty tactics. If we lose, we lose with dignity. Ferrari in a proud brand and kimi is a world champion, no way theyll do that
    Yeah come on guys. Schumi tried that for his own benefit back in 1997 and it back-fired. Nothing to gain, so much to lose.

Sorry, double post.

What a shame. Bunch of so called Ferrari-fans demanding intentional crash. Shame on you, shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Anyone have the sector times???

Here ya go:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK92gtHW4AAZu_W.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Yeah come on guys. Schumi tried that for his own benefit back in 1997 and it back-fired. Nothing to gain, so much to lose.
    Yeah, Ferrari dont need this dirty Hamilton tricks. Ferrari can not loose this Championship because it was not the plan to win it ! The Plan for this Championship is to reach the compitivness from the Mercedes and to overtake them at the end of the Championship.
    Next Year Ferrari will destroy everyone.
    ( like Schumi )

FIA letter to Scuderia Ferrari regarding the #5 car.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK93tGlUQAAVUn9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ferrari is a serious team, we don't have Briatore as a team boss.
    True, we don't have Flavio as the boss, nor Alonso the accomplice

What a shame. Bunch of so called Ferrari-fans demanding intentional crash. Shame on you, shame on you.
    I have been a Ferrari fan since 1996, yet I believe winning a championship does not always come with being the nice guy all the time. I did not condemn Schumi in 1997, in 1998 nor in 2006. We can pretend to be the nice guys for the years to come and end up coming short at the end of each year like in the last 10 years. People talk about Schumi's deeds on Hill back in 1994 and the Benetton's cheating system in 1995 yet he is the champion and thats what will be carved in history. I say its time to get dirty, otherwise, we have lost this championship.

If we're honest, we know cheating has been part and parcel of F1 for a long time. Many teams have done it one way or another. But in this sport they don't really call it cheating, it's more 'bending the rules'.

whatever causes hamilton to DNF is good for me
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    If we're honest, we know cheating has been part and parcel of F1 for a long time. Many teams have done it one way or another. But in this sport they don't really call it cheating, it's more 'bending the rules'.
    It's not bending the rules if you crash into someone on purpose

It's not bending the rules if you hit someone on purpose
    it is in motorsports.

it is in motorsports.
    But do we really have to do that? I mean, is Ferrari really that desperate to win a title this year? And what if we still lose the title after using such dirty tactics? It will be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    FIA letter to Scuderia Ferrari regarding the #5 car.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK93tGlUQAAVUn9.jpg
    Is this necessary procedure to follow???

For me vet needs to keep his cool up at crunch moments
    There are couple of races which he ruined by himself from winning position
    1. Baku
    2. Singapore
    50pts loss.

Which could have advantage if there's any reliability problems.

But do we really have to do that? I mean, is Ferrari really that desperate to win a title this year? And what if we still lose the title after using such dirty tactics? It will be a disaster.
    No, I don't think they will do that. It's not Kimi's style nor Arrivabene's I don't think. But we've seen it often enough over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Is this necessary procedure to follow???
    Looks like it. Didn't know myself that you need to set a time in qualy in order to start the race.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I have been a Ferrari fan since 1996, yet I believe winning a championship does not always come with being the nice guy all the time. I did not condemn Schumi in 1997, in 1998 nor in 2006. We can pretend to be the nice guys for the years to come and end up coming short at the end of each year like in the last 10 years. People talk about Schumi's deeds on Hill back in 1994 and the Benetton's cheating system in 1995 yet he is the champion and thats what will be carved in history. I say its time to get dirty, otherwise, we have lost this championship.
    Lewis is doing a lot of "Carving into history" now with 70 poles! He seems to also have quite a way to go before retiring and then comming back in case he needs to break a record he missed along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    No 2nd pu change ,unless there is a problem with it.We can change everything else (turbo,mgu's )
    Wc Laren did this. They homologated 2 or 3 engines over the max so they take a penalty from 30 startingplaces but it doesnt matter becouse they were the last also.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Wc Laren did this. They homologated 2 or 3 engines over the max so they take a penalty from 30 startingplaces but it doesnt matter becouse they were the last also.
    Rules have been tightened up when McLaren were bringing hell of engines for one races n replacing them for race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is doing a lot of "Carving into history" now with 70 poles! He seems to also have quite a way to go before retiring and then comming back in case he needs to break a record he missed along the way.
    That is true but to me, irrelevant. I recognise him as one of the all time best drivers talent-wise. Thats it. My point was to emphasize that in order to be successful sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Otherwise, dont be surprised to see yourself fail.

How on earth are people saying Hamilton is lucky? The fact that we are not on pole today is purely down to ourselves and not down to luck.

it is in motorsports.
    Nope and nowadays it is quite easy to prove whether you crash somebody on purpose or not. The penalties are also more severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    His poles are irrelevant imo. The majority of his 43 poles with Merc he has only had one competitor to fight pole for. (Other than this year where he has had actual competition. Please stop acting like he is the GOAT.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

The penalties are also more severe.
    recent examples?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    His poles are irrelevant imo. The majority of his 43 poles with Merc he has only had one competitor to fight pole for. (Other than this year where he has had actual competition. Please stop acting like he is the GOAT.
    1000% agreed
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I just noticed, Lewis also had a small lock up at the same place Kimi had one so Lewis didn't have a perfect lap as well.

With this gap in points i'm pretty sure merc will start focusing on next season and we should as well. I know miracles can happen but if ham wins and seb finishes 5th ham would need two dnf's and have to finish out of the points on one or two races and vet would have to win three in row. I bleed red but this is praying territory now.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    With this gap in points i'm pretty sure merc will start focusing on next season and we should as well. I know miracles can happen but if ham wins and seb finishes 5th ham would need two dnf's and have to finish out of the points on one or two races and vet would have to win three in row. I bleed red but this is praying territory now.
    very true, getting a good headstart for next year, with more resources would be better imo, the championship is mercs to lose and ferrari/seb need too many twists that is realistically ever going to happen to catch hamilton/mercs