Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I felt the same, Monza was bad enough but then Singapore capped it, now Seb has to start last......it's as if HAM and Merc had divine intervention since the summer break. I can't laugh at the situation but if Seb can fight through the field tomorrow and Kimi can play with HAM and Max, we can still get a decent result. We live in hope as always, but it's sickening to see it all going Merc's way.
    This year hurts more than previous years cuz we had a really competitive car that was on par if not occasionally better than the mercs. Team, driver and fate have kept us from leading the championships comfortably. But yeah, what can we do

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Hard to compare because of the different times. Schumi had the oppotunity to test, test and test whenever he wanted. That is a great testament of true workmanship but Lewis can't do that. IMO the dominant car doesn't always mean P1 and P2 in WDC. The Ferrari team was built around Schumacher. Same doesn't apply to Hamilton.

To cut this short. Both drivers are among the best of the best.
    Very well said ! Test, test and then some! This year Ferrari has a competitive car with 2 champion drivers. Lewis with 104 more starts to reach Schumys 306, he needs 31 more wins ; and there goes another title his way!, As you so well say it, to cut it short, this british champion is well on his way to be one of the best of the best! Meanwhile Shumy Jr. should never give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very well said ! Test, test and then some! This year Ferrari has a competitive car with 2 champion drivers. Lewis with 104 more starts to reach Schumys 306, he needs 31 more wins ; and there goes another title his way!, As you so well say it, to cut it short, this british champion is well on his way to be one of the best of the best! Meanwhile Shumy Jr. should never give up!!
    Schumacher got to those 91 wins in about 250 races...

Simply is SV don't outscore tomorrow LH chances are... call me pessimistic, I would say realistic, almost none!

The luck that the taxi's have is unbelievable...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

When you have the best car on the grid, two very good drivers behind the wheel, great personnel that know how to work the rules in their favor, and as a team you make fewer mistakes than everybody else, luck tends to go your way.

so if Ferrari win nothing this year, will there be personnel changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    that rotten snitch james allison is gone and must've sold all ferrari's tech secrets to mercs, hopefully we can keep people in the know of next years car and development
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    When you have the best car on the grid, two very good drivers behind the wheel, great personnel that know how to work the rules in their favor, and as a team you make fewer mistakes than everybody else, luck tends to go your way.
    + 1

We'll see if the sweater man (SM) has anything to say about that towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Pretty nice putted in!

FerrariSteve Guest
    I just really hope Seb has a clean race and doesn't tangle with any of the midfield guys. also at the same time I cross my fingers for him, I will be hoping that Ham has a DNF, it's overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I just really hope Seb has a clean race and doesn't tangle with any of the midfield guys. also at the same time I cross my fingers for him, I will be hoping that Ham has a DNF, it's overdue.
    I say he gets driver of day.....from 20th to top 5......weather contigent and SC contigent.

yeah if the weather wreaks havoc this race could be a crapshoot, maybe even a red flag.

Lets just watch an ace driver making moves and overtaking others it will be more exiting than watching the lead car seb loves this stuff watch max he will come like an arrow if kimi gets a flyer like singapore he will lead the race max and lewis bango.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    For instance in 2002 Montoya got 7 poles in 17 races in Williams.
    Different fuel load

Ferrari fighting for a win tomorrow, not so bad after all

This year alone Valteri let through Lewis more times than anyone did Schumacher in his entire Ferrari stint. I also don't see Schumacher in his prime years to be beaten, get outscored by a driver of Button's caliber. Or cant imagine a scenario micheal finishing the year at 5th spot while his teammate is second at the endof the year. To cut this short, no comparison...

If the car is that dominant, you have to have a really bad second driver to not to achieve P1, P2 in WDC.
    It was Ferrari WCC through 2000-2004 as well. The word 'dominant' is too strong for a year like 2003, when Kimi ended up 2 points behind with 3 dnf's against Schumis 1. Yet it was WCC for Ferrari by a fair margin.

I just want to give Lewis a huge credit and take nothing away from Schumi.

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Ferrari fighting for a win tomorrow, not so bad after all
    ...with the wrong driver
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ...with the wrong driver
    There is no wrong driver, yes ideally Sebastian would be better but a Ferrari driver is a Ferrari driver,stop with the blatant hatred

Schumacher got to those 91 wins in about 250 races...
    Very true! Lewis got to 68 pole pos. in 43 less races than Shumy. Two great drivers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    Different fuel load
    Not really, in 2002 the qualifying format was 1 hour long, 12 lap available, low fuel format.

Of course what you meant by "different fuel loads" is the fuel consumption difference between Ferrari and BMW engine over 3 laps (out lap, hot lap, in lap), then sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    It was Ferrari WCC through 2000-2004 as well. The word 'dominant' is too strong for a year like 2003, when Kimi ended up 2 points behind with 3 dnf's against Schumis 1. Yet it was WCC for Ferrari by a fair margin.

I just want to give Lewis a huge credit and take nothing away from Schumi.
    "Yet it was WCC for Ferrari by a fair margin."

Right :) 2003 WCC Results
    Ferrari 158
    Williams 144
    McLaren 142 (with DC driving the 2nd McLaren)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    His poles are irrelevant imo. The majority of his 43 poles with Merc he has only had one competitor to fight pole for. (Other than this year where he has had actual competition. Please stop acting like he is the GOAT.
    I guess your right about Merc disgracing Lewis and his success with a top car. 70 poles are a disgrace in a top car. He should be ashamed of Merc giving him a great ride! Even his wins should have a ** next to them explaining it was the car that won. There should be a F1 ruling, no 1st place trophy for a driver winning in a top car. It's not fair to the other teams.

let's hope it's a Merc for once.
    For sure!

It annoys me when bbc etc say sv has lost the championship really what part did he contribute to bad luck it would have been a good clean fight with lewis had it not been for bad luck really lewis is good but getting kissed on the by a fairy really helps to sv time will come.

Expecting an exciting race not in the front. But just in the back-end. With some SC luck for vet, he can make this count.
    Ham DNF is over due. All of them on the grid had DNF, except Ham.

Im having my hopes that something will happen between Verstappen and Hamilton. Hoping Kimi doesn't get into trouble if it does.

If its raining hard tomorrow and its a safety car start, i will now believe that the heavens dont want us to win the chanpionship. We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Im having my hopes that something will happen between Verstappen and Hamilton. Hoping Kimi doesn't get into trouble if it does.
    Don't think so, max will be careful this time. As critics are against him.
    Also Lewis will be cautious, as he already have 28pts advantage & vet starting last.
    The one who needs to charge is Kimi. There's nothing to loose for him. If he takes lead tmrw there are two advantages 1) Ferrari win 2) he will be helping vet in championship pts.

All in all its Ferrari's game.