Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix - Last Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    After summer break
    Mercs : ham - 25,25,25,18 = 143 pts
    Ferrari : vet - 18,15,dnf,12 = 45pts

I think WCC is pretty much over with 5 races to go.

Damn vet needs atleast 4 wins in 5 races.
    yes Ferrari were scoring 29 pts per race on average up to Hungary. It's an amazing collapse really.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ferrari pointed out to FIA that crash happened after flag, but there is no flexibility on when damage occurs, so it will be a penalty
    I don't think so, there might be a loophole where Ferrari can get through.
    But whts frustrating it, no further action given for that incident.
    If there was a penalty for stroll then easily we could claim a new gear box by showing it as a point.

If Vettel needs gearbox change for Japan, will definitely get grid penalty. This is race one for that 'box & no force majeure here, I'm told. Andrew Benson‏

Just watched Alonso's post race interview on YT. I think his hatred to Ferrari is eternal. I wish next year Renault somehow do something messy and end up as Honda now.

So as expected if it's damaged, then new gear box with penalty. Couldn't get worse than this.

Pare che il cambio di Vettel si sia danneggiato nel contatto con Stroll, dovrà probabilmente sostituire il cambio in Giappone
    it will need a change because its too damaged according to sky italy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

OMG SRLY...

GUTTED!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    it will need a change because its too damaged according to sky italy
    With penalty n that too on a track where overtaking is difficult. It's hard task for vet or Ferrari.

If Ferrari don't win in Suzuka, it's better to concentrate on next year's car n championship as we have strong car & mercs are limited to engine modes next year. Which will equal the field.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia View Post
    Just watched Alonso's post race interview on YT. I think his hatred to Ferrari is eternal. I wish next year Renault somehow do something messy and end up as Honda now.
    What a load of , there is no reason for him to hate Ferrari. And you wishing bad things to thousands and thousands of fine people at Renault and McLaren is.........

I guess luck just isnt on our side. Like last year was for ham. Hopefully we used all of it this year and come back stronger next year! Forza ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    What a load of , there is no reason for him to hate Ferrari. And you wishing bad things to thousands and thousands of fine people at Renault and McLaren is.........

He's still salty because Ferrari ousted him.

There's no reason for Ferrari to answer him anyway. Vettel started last and lapped Fernando.

Alonso has now had a bunch of races where he did his best to get in Vettel's way. If it wasn't so pointless and consequently frustrating, it'd be hilarious.

Hi everyone. I've been reading these forums for the last two / three years but have supported Ferrari since I was a kid and thought I'd like to give my take on things.

I'm really excited about the last races to come. This should have been a Mercedes track because this season up to now we have not been very quick in a straight line but surprise, surprise who was quickest down the straights today - Ferrari. And who had the quickest car out there - Ferrari. So much for not being able to develop the car as quickly as our rivals. I think it is going to be a cracking end to the season!!

This is just dumb. Our championship will be penalized just because some idiot ran into our car after the race.

I won't let it that way... Right now I am writting a letter to FIA about this being not in a fairness to the championship and it gives an unfail advantage to a one side of a competiton, when it would not happen, if it was not of the reckless driving of a new pilot. I know, that it will not be probably read, or taken seriously, as I am just a one stupid fan of the sport, but I just feel that as the fan, I need to do something.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I won't let it that way... Right now I am writting a letter to FIA about this being not in a fairness to the championship and it gives an unfail advantage to a one side of a competiton, when it would not happen, if it was not of the reckless driving of a new pilot. I know, that it will not be probably read, or taken seriously, as I am just a one stupid fan of the sport, but I just feel that as the fan, I need to do something.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Through the all misfortune that hit us for the past couple of races, I was more disgusted with Alonso today than anything else. Especially with his post-race interview. You can blame all the other things, bad luck for example (especially for what happened in Monza and Singapure) but today Alonso was deliberately being an .

I don't know if it is an animosity towards Ferrari (there's that saying that after he won the second title and went to Mclaren, someone from Renault told him "it doesn't matter what car it is, just keep winning" and Alonso responded "as long as it's not Red, mate") or is it animosity towards Vettel (who beat him twice for the Championship and ousted him in Ferrari, and now Vettel is fighting for the Championship and Alonso is stuck in a car that has been a laughing stock of the grid for the past three seasons) but I wish that idiot the worst of luck for the future. I hope Honda gets their stuff together next season and Renault engines become more unreliable, I'd love to see him being miserable for one more season.

As for us, words can't describe how unlucky Kimi has been for his entire career basically, this was just another day of it. Superb drive and recovery from Seb, I'm sure he could've pushed for podium if it wasn't for Asslonso. Still, couldn't end up without a bad luck even after the race...
    But even if we end up with a gearbox change in Japan, I'm still looking positively towards it.

I'm sorry for the harsh words but after Monza and Singapore, I had to vent today after another disastrous weekend in general.
    Last edited by Greig; 1st October 2017 at 12:33. Reason: don't swear please

i was out making coffee, what did Fernando do?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Let Ric through then blocked Seb, was pretty poor from Fernando and he knows himself how frustrating back markers can be.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Blocked vettel for a few corners just when seb was right in drs. And then in the post race interview said something alog the lines that was always complaining every race with a very sarcastic / annoying face

Alonso deliberately blocked Vettel and held the racing line for a few corners before eventually letting him past. Very poor form.

I am just reading about after race incident SV had!?!?! What is that about?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Stroll is

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Seb most likely will receive a 5 place grid penalty for gearbox change in next race, stroll went wide into vettel completely damaging the rear section of the car and suspension on the outlap after the race

Well done Seb for keeping our hopes alive (sort of), well done Max for keeping HAM off the top step, the curse that is affecting our beloved team will have another dice to throw if Seb has to take a gearbox penalty in Suzuka. Totally gutted by our current issues, after making so much progress all season, this is not a fair reward.

You missed a really bizzare incident. Well, in the cool down lap, stroll basically just shunted seb damaging his rear suspension and most likely gearbox which could lead to a grid penalty �� next race. In my opinion stroll wa at fault but watching the “experts analysis”. They say seb was at fault. See for urself. Dont you just love our luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Let Ric through then blocked Seb, was pretty poor from Fernando and he knows himself how frustrating back markers can be.
    really? that is very poor.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “All weekend, it was clear we had a very competitive car. That could be seen from our pace in free practice, Kimi’s front row in qualifying and Seb’s amazing fight back in the race, when he went from last to fourth. However, it all added up to our hardest race of the year, as we had to confront problems that we will now analyse in depth. They prevented Sebastian from qualifying and Kimi from even taking the start. The team remained focused on its job throughout, putting in a great deal of effort working in the garage and then implementing an impeccable strategy. It’s further cause to continue to believe in ourselves: we have the car, the men, the drivers, the means and the spirit to fight all the way to the finish.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I am still optimistic, because we know that we have a quick car. Of course it was a shame for Kimi who couldn’t take the start, and for me having to begin my race from the back of the grid. We tried to fight for the podium, pushed very hard, but in the end the tires were starting to give up and we couldn’t be really there. However, it is promising to see the car is good, even if both Kimi and I hit trouble this weekend. I don’t know yet if the issue is the same on both cars, we’ll need to have a look. For sure it’s not ideal having one car out yesterday and another one today. So, there’s something we need to understand. It’s been a difficult weekend, but nevertheless the speed is there. So far we’ve had a pretty good record for this year regarding reliability. I am not that worried to be honest, but we need to get on top of the problem.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “We don’t know what happened today, it’s too early to say. The car had been working perfectly all weekend and suddenly, out of nothing, we had an issue. It’s one of those things that unfortunately can happen. Car and speed wise we have been very good, but then unfortunately Seb had problems yesterday and we had ours today. I’m pretty sure that I would have had a very good car today, but obviously you never know and it’s pointless to start guessing. We have a good package, but we have to take the most out of it. What happened today is very disappointing and hurts all of us, but there’s nothing we can change right now. The next race is a new challenge again, we’ll go there as in any race weekend, and then we’ll see where we are.”

No further action re Stroll/Vettel incident Thank God

Forza Jules