Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread

Still assessing Seb's gearbox IF it needs replacement.......

Vettel fears "bad surprise" after Stroll accident https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...lision-960363/ … via @motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Still assessing Seb's gearbox IF it needs replacement.......

Vettel fears "bad surprise" after Stroll accident https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...lision-960363/ … via @motorsport
    Lets hope for the best. If he has penalty on the cards, then he needs pole position badly n qualify on S tyres in q2 if he feels he has strong pace. We need Kimi min 2nd place on that track if vet has pole.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lets hope for the best. If he has penalty on the cards, then he needs pole position badly n qualify on S tyres in q2 if he feels he has strong pace. We need Kimi min 2nd place on that track if vet has pole.
    Let's hope Seb does'nt get penalty pts added to his super license for riding on Pascal's car and taking the steering wheel with him.

Like Malaysia, I think this is another track Ferrari should do well.

Lets hope luck is on our side this weekend.

If we'll be as fast as in Sepang, Seb could fight for the win even starting 6th... (assuming we are as fast and we get pole and we need to change the gearbox)

Suzuka is like Malaysia with regards to weather.....so lets hope for nice weather during FP's, Quali, and Race.

Suzuka is like Malaysia with regards to weather.....so lets hope for nice weather during FP's, Quali, and Race.
    Heard it's a bit cooler conditions in Suzuka.

Let's hope Seb does'nt get penalty pts added to his super license for riding on Pascal's car and taking the steering wheel with him.
    I don't think it will happen.
    Actually for the crash stroll should get penalty. But donno how he escaped from that incident.

Just a wild guess: because he was not to blame?

Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 2nd October 2017 at 15:34.

Actually for the crash stroll should get penalty. But donno how he escaped from that incident.
    It certainly looks that way. In his post race interview, he said he was shutting down the car (MGU's) while going into the turn and I am suspecting he took his eye's off the road during the shut down and veered right out of his line.

it really sucks for seb , that 5 place penalty has no blame with seb or ferrari
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

It seems the gearbox is OK, final decision after using it in FP3.

https://sport.sky.it/formula1/2017/1...k_skysportf1hd
    Last edited by gvera; 2nd October 2017 at 18:41.

I have a feeling both ferraris and the red bulls will finish ahead of the mercs. Lets say the race ends- 1. VET, 2. KIMI, 3. VER, 4. RIC, 5. HAM, 6. BOT. This would allow Vettel to close up to Hamilton. Im hoping for a Hamilton DNF but if that doesn't happen the Red Bulls can help take points off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I have a feeling both ferraris and the red bulls will finish ahead of the mercs. Lets say the race ends- 1. VET, 2. KIMI, 3. VER, 4. RIC, 5. HAM, 6. BOT. This would allow Vettel to close up to Hamilton. Im hoping for a Hamilton DNF but if that doesn't happen the Red Bulls can help take points off of them.
    We are still waiting on a couple of issues with regards to Vettel:

1.) Sebs gearbox issue - IF he needs one, then its grid spot penalties. IF not, whew!....cleared that one.

2.) Sebs ride with Pascal - que 2013 Singapore...Alonso pics up Webber. Webber gets slapped with a 10 place grid spot penalty in the following race...Korean GP. Still pending also.

Fingers crossed.

We are still waiting on a couple of issues with regards to Vettel:

1.) Sebs gearbox issue - IF he needs one, then its grid spot penalties. IF not, whew!....cleared that one.

2.) Sebs ride with Pascal - que 2013 Singapore...Alonso pics up Webber. Webber gets slapped with a 10 place grid spot penalty in the following race...Korean GP. Still pending also.

Fingers crossed.
    2nd case it's given clearence. As per skyf1 or any other websites. No further action (it includes crash n steering wheel n Pascal ride).
    1st case too I'm hoping for +ve. As reports suggest it's the case damage not the gear box unit element. Not official though. Let's keep fingers crossed.

If he's out of it, then luck should be favouring us.

I want vettel to win here so badly, a hamilton dnf would be the icing on the cake

Was watching the 2001 GP and passing is so hard, the roads are sooo narrow, only the long straight in s2/s3 is where its possible, we need to nail our quali , mercs will fix there derates issue they had so we have to up our game even more.

Horner said red bull would have won even if Ferrari never have issues, so red bull definitely dangerous
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Horner said red bull would have won even if Ferrari never have issues,
    doubtful, but Horny is desperate for RB to win a race 'on their own merit'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    doubtful, but Horny is desperate for RB to win a race 'on their own merit'.
    i hope its horner just being horner and not true.

I'm really confused, they said ferrari is inspecting the gearbox and if its ok, it'l be assembled in FP3.... uhhh so what will he use in FP1 and FP2? i thought they cant switch out gearboxes at all without a penalty, can he use an old gearbox?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope its horner just being horner and not true.

I'm really confused, they said ferrari is inspecting the gearbox and if its ok, it'l be assembled in FP3.... uhhh so what will he use in FP1 and FP2? i thought they cant switch out gearboxes at all without a penalty, can he use an old gearbox?
    Race gear box will never be used in fp1 & FP2.
    It's only in fp3 or quali they will use it.

Regarding mr.horn no need to take his statement seriously. I don't know how could he say we would beaten Ferrari on straight fight ?
    Just look at lap times of vet on SS tyres when he's in clean air, they were never matched by race leader mad max on first stint. & On S tyres vet was in traffic to pass other cars. Once he's in free air he was setting FL than DR & Mad max.
    Mr horner as usual wants to cook something out of nothing.

Regarding vet gear box, I think Ferrari will be cautious about it. They will assess team pace in fp1,FP2,fp3 sessions n may take decision if penalty. Because this gear box should be used for 3more races apart from Japan.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 3rd October 2017 at 08:31.

2nd case it's given clearence. As per skyf1 or any other websites. No further action (it includes crash n steering wheel n Pascal ride).
    1st case too I'm hoping for +ve. As reports suggest it's the case damage not the gear box unit element. Not official though. Let's keep fingers crossed.

If he's out of it, then luck should be favouring us.

copy that. thnks

Ferrari made an enquiry to FIA, requesting for change of gear box without penalty as a precaution. Which FIA denied of changing it without penalty.

So, Ferrari think there might be issue with vet gear box in long run or are they bluffing or confusing its rivals.???
    Only fp3 will give better idea.

Meanwhile weather forecast says rainy friday.
    Dry quali & race.
    Should be interesting how teams go with set-up.

I love Suzuka, I reckon we should be in better shape compared to Mercedes, although my money on Red Bulls & Ricciardo

Mad Max has a the flu.......

Mad Max has a the flu.......
    He's mad max, will be aggressive.

Flu or no flu, Max will still take his teammate to school.

Ricciardo had much luck this season for Max having all of those reliability problems. If it weren't for those mechanical DNFs, Ric's reputation would've gone way down. Max was always ahead of him when reliability problems struck.

He's mad max, will be aggressive.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Flu or no flu, Max will still take his teammate to school.
    especially if its in the wet...and not just his team-mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ricciardo had much luck this season for Max having all of those reliability problems. If it weren't for those mechanical DNFs, Ric's reputation would've gone way down. Max was always ahead of him when reliability problems struck.
    yep, thats how I see it.

More teams need to step up thanks red bull for making the rest of seaon spicy.