Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i saw Mercs are doing 307KM in speed trap about 4 more than us
    That's their normal "end of straight" speed difference to our package on almost every circuit

Vet on more fuel than ham on FL

is bottas really getting a gearbox penalty? or was that just a rumour yesterday?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    That's their normal "end of straight" speed difference to our package on almost every circuit
    Dang i hoped our 4th engine would beable to keep up with theres atleast
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Vet 0.324 behind the mercs, i must have missed that Vettel lap.

Max 0.855 behind Mercs on SS

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Vet 0.324 behind the mercs, i must have missed that Vettel lap.
    i think he did two hot laps on SS and both times 0.3+ slower

Grosjean moaning on the radio about his team mate

I wonder Pirelli did something since mercs were having some heating issues yesterday if i remember reading here

I think track temp will change coming to quali. It will be more warm. Let's c

Kimi 20th session over seb 3rd behind both mercs both used slower tyres

I saw that vandoorne is beating alonso in the championship, not bad at all

Interesting:
    BOT fastest lap on Soft. When he crashed Lewis was doing purple S1 and S2 on SS and aborted S3 because of red flag. After red flag, LEwis didn't improve his S lap time, whas this intentional? (not showing your hand, playing the safe game, ...) or was it because of track conditions?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

It looks to me that track was getting slower and slower as the session goes.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Interesting:
    BOT fastest lap on Soft. When he crashed Lewis was doing purple S1 and S2 on SS and aborted S3 because of red flag. After red flag, LEwis didn't improve his S lap time, whas this intentional? (not showing your hand, playing the safe game, ...) or was it because of track conditions?
    I think Ferrari didn't fully show the pace. They are still finding the balance n set-up. Remember fp2 washout, so for fp3 there are few things to find.

Looks like a silverstone type of weekend

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think Ferrari didn't fully show the pace. They are still finding the balance n set-up. Remember fp2 washout, so for fp3 there are few things to find.
    Anthony Davidson thinks the Ferrari seemed heavy

True, but also Lewis also didn't improve, so might be track related, which could have put us much closer.
    Still think Merc is car to beat..
    Let's hope no gearbox change for Kimi, if we could make it P2 and P3, would still be decent..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    True, but also Lewis also didn't improve, so might be track related, which could have put us much closer.
    Still think Merc is car to beat..
    Let's hope no gearbox change for Kimi, if we could make it P2 and P3, would still be decent..
    Yeah kimi is more important now, as bottas is on penalty.
    He need quali p3 that's imp

I feel vet carrying more DF at least for that race stint

I feel vet carrying more DF at least for that race stint
    how was our race sim in fp3 compared to mercs?

how was our race sim in fp3 compared to mercs?
    I Donno mercs race pace. But vet doing low 1.33's n high 1.32's on S tyres. Kimi on SS similar pace.

I Donno mercs race pace. But vet doing low 1.33's n high 1.32's on S tyres. Kimi on SS similar pace.
    thanks man, ugh i put my alarm off and fell asleep straight away missing like 20mins

wait is it raining or are they showing Highlights right now

wait is it raining or are they showing Highlights right now
    As per radar no rain.

Merc haven't really done any real race simulations have they?

As per radar no rain.
    lol thank goodness they showing post FP2 stuff

Seb third, Kimi crashes

Suzuka, 7October –After last night’s rain, the weather improved this morning prior to the final free practice session at the Suzuka circuit, which got underway at noon. The team began with some long run work, before going on to qualifying simulations. Seb was the quickest of the two Ferrari men, taking his SF70H round in 1’29”379. Unfortunately, Kimi had an off-track excursion when he lost the rear end at turn 9. The car ended up in the barriers, damaging the left side. It will be repaired in the garage in time for qualifying, which gets underway at 15h00 local time, (08h00 CET.)
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari has had worse luck than Max this year

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE