Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    bout time he came to his senses....

Palmer, out of the blue it must be said, announces on instagram that tomorrow will be his last Grand Prix for Renault.

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/s...20344563089408
    So Sainz drives for Renault after Suzuka and Gasly and Kvyat drives for Toro Rosso.

Just saw Lewis onboard Pole lap. Love him or hate him but that was a super smooth lap, incredible

Charles Leclerc crowned 2017 F2 champion http://skysports.tv/K4Yotq

Seb & Leclerc 2019 cant come soon enough
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Just saw Lewis onboard Pole lap. Love him or hate him but that was a super smooth lap, incredible
    Incredible lap but compared to Sebs not really better. Car does look better through high speed corners then Ferrari so it looks easier (like Vettel in Hungary)

Seb will start from P2, Kimi’s car rebuilt in time for Qualifying

Suzuka, October 7th – A first-row grid position rewarded Seb’s efforts today, while Kimi had a troublesome Saturday. After crashing in the P3 session at Degner curve, a race against time started in the garage, which saw Ferrari’s mechanics complete the almost impossible task of re-building the car around a new gearbox in time to send Kimi out in Q1. He will have to serve a 5-slot grid penalty though, while Seb’s third best time is good enough for second place, as Valtteri Bottas also had to fit a new gearbox to his car and will therefore drops down the order. “I think the car was very good today”, Seb said “and I was happy with it, but it was just not enough for pole position. In my last run, I tried to push maybe a little too much, knowing that Valtteri wasn’t a threat because of his grid penalty, but it didn’t work. But overall, our car was fine. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and hot, which makes the difference and then we’ll see. We normally have a stronger car in the race than in Quali. It’s important to have a good balance here and then you can always try something with the stops. Also, I am confident we should have a good start, and that is important, but after that there are a lot of laps and strategy is important as well. In terms of pace, hopefully we should be closer to our competitors. We’ll see tomorrow”.

Kimi’s comments echoed a difficult day: “It was not a great start of the day to go off track this morning in P3, not the ideal preparation for qualifying. After that, everything got more difficult, but the team did a great job to get the car back in one piece. In Qualifying the car felt ok, but it was a bit tricky; the biggest issue was the limited running we had had with new tires in the morning. In Q3, when I really had to push, I made a mistake in the first run and I had a pretty average lap time in the second one. Now I pay the price of my mistake. After my crash, we’ve got a five places penalty for replacing the gearbox. This obviously complicates our race even more. Tomorrow it’s not going to be easy, but I think that we have a good car for the race”.
    Last edited by Rob; 7th October 2017 at 14:33.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Im challenging @mwk for a Lewis win tmrw

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Good....But they gonna put him in sauber. I don't know what does he prove in sauber???

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    So Sainz drives for Renault after Suzuka and Gasly and Kvyat drives for Toro Rosso.
    correctamundo.

a beast.

How SV is going to win tomorrow race on sheer pace?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I can only think that as many people keep saying the weather will be hotter than today which favors Ferrari and not the Mercs,also if Sebastian can stay with Lewis we can try the undercut through pits.The only other way is that if Sebs gets an awesome start and Lewis does not.Race pace seemed decent for Ferrari tho.

Honestly, IDK (shrug). The start looks to be interesting though. Max behind Seb on the grid. Ricci will more than likely defend his position as he watches his team-mate attack aggressively and let the possible drama unfold. Let's see where Seb's start and head is at on the opening lap because both RB's could be on either side. Nonetheless, both RB cars will put pressure on him during the race provided it is a dry track.

On sheer pace? No way, he is not. Good start from him and really bad start from Ham? Possibly. Staying with Lewis and try to undercut him? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Im challenging @mwk for a Lewis win tmrw
    haha! explain your challenge, i accept >:D
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    bout time he came to his senses....

Palmer, out of the blue it must be said, announces on instagram that tomorrow will be his last Grand Prix for Renault.

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/s...20344563089408
    Im not sure who's worse Kvyat or Palmer :O , palmer atleast got P6 once

I hope its scorching, absolutely Melting tomorrow at the GP, apparently we better in warmer weather... so Heat wave please

haha! explain your challenge, i accept >:D
    Before first lap n after lap your say. Vet will win
    Before first lap n after lap my say. Ham will win

Ham DNF

Im not sure who's worse Kvyat or Palmer :O

+1

better tyre strategy I guess, I think that's how we won in Bahrain, or was it Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    better tyre strategy I guess, I think that's how we won in Bahrain, or was it Australia?
    You are forgetting Bottas.

Both second drivers are on soft and are there to stop a undercut, but Kimi failed to deliver. He is too far back for that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

Both second drivers are on soft and are there to stop a undercut, but Kimi failed to deliver. He is too far back for that strategy.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

Good point.

Posssible first corner carnage given the top 6 grid setup. Max behind Seb and both Mary Kays/Pink Panther brothers going at it. It might be a carbon fibre piece meal.

The worst part is Ham can afford to finish 2nd

The worst part is Ham can afford to finish 2nd
    true. He looks to cruise away at the start as in previous races with like tracks.

I would not be surprised Daniil Kvyat suddenly 'clicks' and really shines in the next coming races. We know he's not slow, and it may have just been a confidence thing and a matter of trying too hard/over-driving the car. Life has a funny way of sorting itself out when it's least expected.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good....But they gonna put him in sauber. I don't know what does he prove in sauber???
    In a Sauber Leclerc can drive to win which he's used to doing in F2. He will not IMO accept being Rubenized @ Ferrari. The same goes for Verstappen. Seb is the #1 driver at Ferrari and that's that. Giovanazzi is dying to drive for his countries team in #2 spot and will be loved by the fans. He is the #3 driver even though he is never mentioned by most fans here who are mesmerized by Verstappen and Leclerc .

The hotter the better for every degree warmer than yesterday at suzuka we gain around one tenth of a second should be close to mercs speed lets see.

Nice comparison, in first 2 corners only Massa is behind Hamilton, shows the level of grip/downforce these new generation cars generate. We only need V10's & refuelling now