Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/japan...-a-spark-plug/

sparkplug decides the championship it seems
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I disagree with the "awful car" part. The car is good...very good actually. We definitely have the best chassis, but our engine cant compete with the Mercedes.

I agree more or less with rest of your post.
    Perhaps I was a bit harsh on the car statement but for whatever reason (mostly driver carelessness and unfocused team development) the SF70H seems unprepared to compete efficiently during the whole race week, showing reliability issues during practice sessions, qualifying and race. That's unacceptable for a leading team. Obviously something ain't jiving at Maranello. The Scuderia needs an enema of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    What happened with british media and vettelīs press assistant?
    The British press went OFF on Seb in front of Britta because she had to announce that he’d left already and she completely fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    They are very specific circuits, unfortunately not very representative of most races in the calendar.
    Those specific circuits showed just how good the Ferrari chassis really is.

Just like Spa, Monza & Baku showed how good Mercedes engine really is.

Bro-mance

LH: "Do you guys share a room?"
    MV: "We actually share a bed!"
    DR: "The team is like 'Do you want a front wing or your own hotel room?'"

Another ferrari-less podium
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

"Hurt" Vettel says he now needs to "protect" Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel thinks it is essential he "protects" his Ferrari Formula 1 team right now from the inevitable criticism it will face amid its latest reliability drama.

The German's world title hopes suffered a fresh blow in the Japanese Grand Prix when he was forced out early on with a spark plug failure.

On the back of the double engine problems that Ferrari suffered in Malaysia, after a manifold pipe failed on both cars, the latest technical problem has left its championship hopes in tatters.

Although saying that what happened in Japan 'hurt', Vettel felt it would be wrong to criticise the outfit for all that had gone wrong – as he instead said he needed to shield his outfit from likely flak.

"It's normal you're critical, especially if things go wrong, so it's part of our job," Vettel told Sky.

"I think I need to protect them. We've done an incredible job so far. It is obviously a pity the last two races with the reliability issues, but you know, it's like that sometimes.

"Of course it hurts, and we're all disappointed. But now we need to get back, get some rest and then go flat out for the last four races and see what happens."

Vettel's failure, allied to title rival Lewis Hamilton's win in Japan, is leaving it likely that the world championship will now be wrapped up early.

The German is now 59 points behind Hamilton with four races remaining, meaning he could already clinch the title in Austin.

But despite the uphill task he is faced with, Vettel said he would not give up yet.

"We still have a chance... but yeah, obviously it's not as much in our control as we'd like," he said. "But overall the team is in a good way and we are improving race by race.

"I think we've gone a lot further than people thought. So there's also some positives but, for sure, now you don't look at the positives because it's not the day to look at positives."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ailure-962984/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Hamilton would still be leading the world championship if he'd done the last two races on a unicycle!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Those specific circuits showed just how good the Ferrari chassis really is.

Just like Spa, Monza & Baku showed how good Mercedes engine really is.
    They are pretty much street circuits where inefficient DF generation is not penalized as much as other circuits. We would not have sucked "with best chassis" in a circuit like Silverstone.

Attachment 7335
    Attachment 7334

My one and only Champion that is dedicated to his job... SCHUMACHER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Attachment 7335
    Attachment 7334

My One and only Champion that is dedicated to his job..
    that is awesome

3 straight races without any Ferrari drives in podium
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Attachment 7335
    Attachment 7334

My one and only Champion that is dedicated to his job... SCHUMACHER!!!

Nice collection JChan AND glass cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    3 straight races without any Ferrari drives in podium
    Still sleeping from summer break... no more dream team era that is so dedicated to their job even in ordinary days their body and minds is still working.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    They are pretty much street circuits where inefficient DF generation is not penalized as much as other circuits. We would not have sucked "with best chassis" in a circuit like Silverstone.
    Then how come Red Bull won the Malaysian GP? Why didn't Mercedes dominated that race?

And in Silverstone drivers spend 70% of the lap time on full throttle. So engine power is more important.

Still sleeping from summer break... no more dream team era that is so dedicated to their job even in ordinary days their body and minds is still working.
    Yeah..And its 10 years without WDC title..10 years..And if they not learning from this year the streak will be longer
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nice collection JChan AND glass cabinet.
    Thanks, it keeps me frustrated for 10 years we don't have a successful driver to win a title. not the type of KR driver that is a 1 time champion, we need a driver that is hardworking that give us a long term success like SCHUMI.

Then how come Red Bull won the Malaysian GP? Why didn't Mercedes dominated that race?

And in Silverstone drivers spend 70% of the lap time on full throttle. So engine power is more important.
    For Malaysia, I would guess the struggle of Mercedes was the tires at hot temperature.
    We were a second slower at Silverstone. For that to be engine only, we have to be down ~70bhp on Mercedes.

Edit: Consider Monza, we should have slaughtered RBR with engine difference and "best chassis". They were as fast as us. Why?

I hope Alonso gets some penalty for obstructing MV under blue flags. What a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope hamilton retires this year
    Dont you nitwits understand that its this sort of post that comes back to us? All everyone does here is wish the worst on the opposition even when we were leading the WDC. Too much negative energy coming back to haunt Ferrari. We should only be hoping for only one thing and thats victory. If Lewis comes 2nd I dont care as long as we are first.
    2018 renewed focus and optimisim!

The change of the robert sassi mid-season was not the best idea since it was the chief of the powertrain division. These changes of leading engineers in the middle of the season are not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    The change of the robert sassi mid-season was not the best idea since it was the chief of the powertrain division. These changes of leading engineers in the middle of the season are not a good idea.
    true, they said it was a promotion for him but i wonder if they did that to save face from that whole oil burn issue

Disappointment doesn't cover it, our hopes have been dashed for 3 races in a row, a spark-plug issue is unheard of nowadays, reliability and some dubious on-track moves have robbed us all and luck has deserted us completely since the summer break while Hamilton is being gifted the championship. I have been a Tifoso for long enough not to desert a sinking ship, but I am once again wondering what the hell went wrong.

Mercedes struggle with hot temps. Especially when they go to use the SS tyres. Their car has so much mechanical grip that they overcook the SS. Look at tracks with low-mid temps where we use Medium and the softs they are so quick. Because those tyres can handle the loads going through them at those track temps.

If we had SS and Softs every race, we and RBR would be laughing.

is that the picture you wanted to upload? :)its really cool its massive!

Sebastian Vettel has been given a reprimand for being late to the front of the grid for the Japanese National Anthem

Attachment 7336
    Attachment 7337
    Attachment 7338
    Attachment 7339
    Attachment 7340

I'm missing this guy, he's so motivated... am I annoying??? sorry I can't get over for what happen to us, we have the package the primary driver (SV), but keep on failing (Strategies, Engine, Wrong set up) since the 2nd race of the season, the team did not learn from it for 10 long years, they have the data for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    it doesnt matter who comes and goes mid season, as all set out and planned 3-4 months in advance. Any person taking "over" isnt going to effect the engine developement during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    is that the picture you wanted to upload? :)its really cool its massive!
    yes, I'm collecting it since SCHUMI days, I'm at lost/Frustrated right now as a Ferrari Fans.. we have the complete package, no more Stefano Domenicali who's keep on talking talking.