Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    it doesnt matter who comes and goes mid season, as all set out and planned 3-4 months in advance. Any person taking "over" isnt going to effect the engine developement during the season.
    Plus, I am not sure, the presence or absence of him would have mattered for the component quality at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Attachment 7336
    Attachment 7337
    Attachment 7338
    Attachment 7339
    Attachment 7340

I'm missing this guy, he's so motivated... am I annoying??? sorry I can't get over for what happen to us, we have the package the primary driver (SV), but keep on failing (Strategies, Engine, Wrong set up) since the 2nd race of the season, the team did not learn from it for 10 long years, they have the data for it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suhuuLp13aQ

:)

our engine is seriously down compared to mercs and our aero could be improved seeing that RB can match us

If Sergio M and Maurizio A can find the proper people to develop with big gains like john todt did, we can win, if full resources go into next year now, maybe we can have a good start again in 2018
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

i still can't get over this spark plug thing. I mean yeah in the 70s & 80s F1 cars would drop out of races for all sorts of technical reasons, battery failure, transmission, or whatever. But in this day and age? or could it have something to do with the hybrid system?

2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    "Hurt" Vettel says he now needs to "protect" Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel thinks it is essential he "protects" his Ferrari Formula 1 team right now from the inevitable criticism it will face amid its latest reliability drama.

The German's world title hopes suffered a fresh blow in the Japanese Grand Prix when he was forced out early on with a spark plug failure.

On the back of the double engine problems that Ferrari suffered in Malaysia, after a manifold pipe failed on both cars, the latest technical problem has left its championship hopes in tatters.

Although saying that what happened in Japan 'hurt', Vettel felt it would be wrong to criticise the outfit for all that had gone wrong – as he instead said he needed to shield his outfit from likely flak.

"It's normal you're critical, especially if things go wrong, so it's part of our job," Vettel told Sky.

"I think I need to protect them. We've done an incredible job so far. It is obviously a pity the last two races with the reliability issues, but you know, it's like that sometimes.

"Of course it hurts, and we're all disappointed. But now we need to get back, get some rest and then go flat out for the last four races and see what happens."

Vettel's failure, allied to title rival Lewis Hamilton's win in Japan, is leaving it likely that the world championship will now be wrapped up early.

The German is now 59 points behind Hamilton with four races remaining, meaning he could already clinch the title in Austin.

But despite the uphill task he is faced with, Vettel said he would not give up yet.

"We still have a chance... but yeah, obviously it's not as much in our control as we'd like," he said. "But overall the team is in a good way and we are improving race by race.

"I think we've gone a lot further than people thought. So there's also some positives but, for sure, now you don't look at the positives because it's not the day to look at positives."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ailure-962984/
    I don't understand Vettel's statement here. How can he say in media that he needs to protect Ferrari? Is he not part of the team? even his actions has cost us points.

SM said its a young team.... And having technical issues which thy are coming across.

Seriously spark plug issue, seems to be silly. But it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    SM said its a young team.... And having technical issues which thy are coming across.

Seriously spark plug issue, seems to be silly. But it's a fact.
    I hope he causes some serious action to be made, we need better gains and reliability for next year.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I don't understand Vettel's statement here. How can he say in media that he needs to protect Ferrari? Is he not part of the team? even his actions has cost us points.
    Les see how it turns out next year. If he repeats these silly mistakes again, it will be very frustrating for Ferrari.

But reminder he did all the testing with pirelli when no one else interested to do. He was along with team n gave the direction of developments. So theres a credit for him.

Btw about the spark plug... Shouldn't we have had HCCI engine without spark plugs? What happened to that?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Les see how it turns out next year. If he repeats these silly mistakes again, it will be very frustrating for Ferrari.

But reminder he did all the testing with pirelli when no one else interested to do. He was along with team n gave the direction of developments. So theres a credit for him.

Which means? If he did not go on testing, means we are further behind right now? Look at Merc & Rb there are not interested, but their struggle only short time, Us? we did the testing but we keep on struggle,we have the advantage but our engineering side caught sleeping or running out of knowledge.

[/B]

Which means? If he did not go on testing, means we are further behind right now? Look at Merc & Rb there are not interested, but their struggle only short time, Us? we did the testing but we keep on struggle,we have the advantage but our engineering side caught sleeping or running out of knowledge.
    I mean to say, vet gave inputs related to testing which followed by development parts ...

Vettels reprimand from the FIA......Like he really needs this right now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLmcGAEW4AAhmRu.jpg

F1 Fanatic‏

Vettel at risk of grid penalty after reprimand for missing anthem.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 8th October 2017 at 08:21.

I mean to say, vet gave inputs related to testing which followed by development parts ...
    So which means advantage to us, we should leading right now, but all the bad luck were behind right now... or our R&D side is sleeping.

So which means advantage to us, we should leading right now, but all the bad luck were behind right now... or our R&D side is sleeping.
    Dunno why you say that, apart from Monza set up issues we have kept pace with Merc pretty much.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Dunno why you say that, apart from Monza set up issues we have kept pace with Merc pretty much.
    Yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettels reprimand from the FIA......Like he really needs this right now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLmcGAEW4AAhmRu.jpg

F1 Fanatic‏

Vettel at risk of grid penalty after reprimand for missing anthem.
    Seems FIA want to handover WDC n WCC to mercs n ham at next race itself

Yeah right
    Explain then? We could easily be 1-2 Singapore and Malaysia and fight for the win here in Suzuka.

So how have we not keep up development pace with Merc? or is it just easy to slate the team rather than admitting things ain't been all that bad?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    true, they said it was a promotion for him but i wonder if they did that to save face from that whole oil burn issue
    Check inbox

Renewed confidence aids Bottas bid to overhaul Vettel https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...points-963082/ … via @motorsport

Bottas is 13pts behind Vettel to tie with 4 races to go.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we dont' have the fastest car as we proved we were NOT on pole yesterday.....mercs are teh fastest

and on top, we have crap reliabilty to boot

we started off good, but by last third of the season we failed on reliabilty
    Not only reliability, mate.image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Not only reliability, mate.image.jpeg
    That moment when you see the right rear wheel on Kimi's car

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post

He seemed very quick to point out Japan and Malaysia in the interviews, but was very quiet on mentioning Singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we dont' have the fastest car as we proved we were NOT on pole yesterday.....mercs are teh fastest

and on top, we have crap reliabilty to boot

we started off good, but by last third of the season we failed on reliabilty
    The reliability is not 'crap'.

Lets be real, one mechanical DNF all season is absurdly good reliability in the scheme of things. Merc haven't been without their troubles too with gearbox issues and that headrest that cost them a win.

Vettel's collision at Singapore has cost the team just as much (if not more points wise) than the issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    He seemed very quick to point out Japan and Malaysia in the interviews, but was very quiet on mentioning Singapore!
    and Baku is a distant memory..

The reliability is not 'crap'.

Lets be real, one mechanical DNF all season is absurdly good reliability in the scheme of things. Merc haven't been without their troubles too with gearbox issues and that headrest that cost them a win.

Vettel's collision at Singapore has cost the team just as much (if not more points wise) than the issues here.
    Yeah could blame Seb, missing qual due to mechanical issue in Malaysia cost him a good chance of a win as well....
    Forza Ferrari

Oh come on be realistic, even if Vettel scored 25 points in Singapore, hamilton would still won the WDC by at least 30-35 points. Accept the fact that is over, thats life, it goes on. We had a lot of bad luck this year, but Seb give it all, he was and still is very very quick, yes in Baku,Singapore he did a mistake, but that happens. In Canada he had bad luck, because of verstappen, he lost 10 points, not his fault, should have won in Malaysia, not his fault. Should have won in China, Spain, WSC made the victory for Lewis happen. Just calm down guys....

possibly shoud've won in Austria too.

Ferrari needs two strong drivers, so if something happens to one the other is there. Lets not forget the other car could have won this race if not for the FP3 crash.

Alonso reprimanded for ignoring blue flags https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-flags-963162/ … via @motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Explain then? We could easily be 1-2 Singapore and Malaysia and fight for the win here in Suzuka.

So how have we not keep up development pace with Merc? or is it just easy to slate the team rather than admitting things ain't been all that bad?
    Greg, kindly check my post. I never said Ferrari lost in development. I just said they are lacking in engine Dept.

1) Which they need to improve next year to fight for WDC.

2)They need to work on reliability also, off late it's costing too much.

3) Ferrari needs strong performance from their 2nd driver.

With strong car finishing below RB drivers is very bad performance. According to me.

Ferrari needs two strong drivers, so if something happens to one the other is there. Lets not forget the other car could have won this race if not for the FP3 crash.
    This is what I said from beginning. When Lewis had bad weekend in 1st half. Bottas capitalized crucial wins.

2nd half he was acting like rear gunner. Today we saw that.

This is what you need from 2nd driver whoever it is. When 1st driver having strong performance.