Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Alonso reprimanded for ignoring blue flags https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-flags-963162/ … via @motorsport
    Looking at today's race, the way Alonso acted. It's not good on his part. I really like Alonso as a true racer, fighter against strong opponents. But not like this.
    He should change this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    let's hope it will effect mercs as in getting their tires chewed up more then ours
    See what happens when you wish ill upon others?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Looking at today's race, the way Alonso acted. It's not good on his part. I really like Alonso as a true racer, fighter against strong opponents. But not like this.
    He should change this approach.
    yep. blue flags blue flags. This time they were present and it bit him in the butt. KARMA!!!

Three tough races to swallow. Plenty everyone in the team can improve on. But it didn't detract from the fact that the team put together a strong car capable of challenging this year. And from where we were in 2016 that was a formidable turnaround. I just hope the whole team can rally together and put together a strong finish to the end of the season and make it a launch pad for a great 2018.

❤❤FORZA FERRARI❤❤
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We have to stick together now guys, like I said its not that dark in the end I have to say it. Not even in my dreams i didnt imagine last year that we would be leading the WDC after 12 races. And yet we did, next year we should be stronger, because our team is still new and is still learning from their mistakes. You will see, it will only get better after today, the good thing is that is cannot get any worse than this.
    Never stop believing!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes radio: Vettel has retired

Hamilton: What happened?

Mercedes: Power issues

Hamilton: Too bad, can't fight him
    True racer that Hamilton. Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    True racer that Hamilton. Respect!
    Yeah true racer when everything goes his way... Already forgot the ludicrous amount of crying and whinning after his engine blew up in Sepang?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Sergio M i hope deals with this harshly
    Im sorry but i believe he is part of the problem! He is leaving Ferrari next year so who cares what he says or does, he is a business man and i dont trust him not 1 bit!
    I still believe we have done an amazing job this year, but for whatever reason our car has suffered some bad reliability problems in the last 2 races that has pretty much ended our chances. I cant stand the fact that so called "Ferrari fans" are shouting for Arrivabene to be sacked, this person should be sacked, the whole team should be sacked and so on, what a joke. Imo you cant blame anyone for a failed spark plug, or a failed gearbox or engine, how long have you been watching F1 for? These things happen and you must fight back not give up.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Some fans waited 18 years and 21 years....I doubt many on here will be able to manage that sort of loyalty....
    I Agree 100%

I Watched Jody getting the WC in 1979. The years after that I was a very big fan of Gilles (with many up and down's) till that black day in Zolder Belgium. The next years with various drivers were very dark for Ferrari fans but we where there every time to support them. Then the Schummi period came and we go wild. It's a long story but we wil get there again!.

DON'T LOSE FAITH!!!

GJ team! You put together amazing car, better then anything in last decade. With a bit more luck (SCs at beginning of season) and better 2nd driver (who couls have done same thing bottas did for ham when he was having bad races) we would be a lot closer. And if we didnt have such a terrible reliability issues in last 3 races maybe even match Merc

Pushing for such a good car so aggressively turned out to be a bit too much, but its still better then looking like a safe passanger like in last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Im sorry but i believe he is part of the problem! He is leaving Ferrari next year so who cares what he says or does, he is a business man and i dont trust him not 1 bit!
    I still believe we have done an amazing job this year, but for whatever reason our car has suffered some bad reliability problems in the last 2 races that has pretty much ended our chances. I cant stand the fact that so called "Ferrari fans" are shouting for Arrivabene to be sacked, this person should be sacked, the whole team should be sacked and so on, what a joke. Imo you cant blame anyone for a failed spark plug, or a failed gearbox or engine, how long have you been watching F1 for? These things happen and you must fight back not give up.
    SM is biggest reason for Ferraris rise in form over last 3 years.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Yeah true racer when everything goes his way... Already forgot the ludicrous amount of crying and whinning after his engine blew up in Sepang?
    ^^ This. He's the first to start crying and moaning when the slightest thing doesn't go his way.
    Enjoy your 4th title, I hope it feels as hollow and worthless as it is when we gifted it to you on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    ^^ This. He's the first to start crying and moaning when the slightest thing doesn't go his way.
    Enjoy your 4th title, I hope it feels as hollow and worthless as it is when we gifted it to you on a silver platter.
    Our problems do not take away from Lewis and Merc really otherwise you could call most title wins hollow and worthless.
    Forza Ferrari

Hate to say it but current points gap is quite a steep mountain to climb. Gotta prepare for the worst outcome.

On the positive notes, I am very glad that this year's car SF70-H was 'born' well, and having constant aero and technical development throughout the weekends mean that Ferrari has finally come out of their old shell, daring to take more risk instead of always playing catch up. It takes time for the car and team to 'mature'. Hopefully the team will capitalize on the remaining 4 races to grab maximum points and all knowledge essential for building next year's car. I believe 2018 will be quite a year with lots of dark horses and Ferrari needs to make certain leap to stay upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Hate to say it but current points gap is quite a steep mountain to climb. Gotta prepare for the worst outcome.

On the positive notes, I am very glad that this year's car SF70-H was 'born' well, and having constant aero and technical development throughout the weekends mean that Ferrari has finally come out of their old shell, daring to take more risk instead of always playing catch up. It takes time for the car and team to 'mature'. Hopefully the team will capitalize on the remaining 4 races to grab maximum points and all knowledge essential for building next year's car. I believe 2018 will be quite a year with lots of dark horses and Ferrari needs to make certain leap to stay upfront.
    Yeah, it gives lot of hope for next year, basic DNA of this car won't change much. Ferrari should be fighting for both titles next year unless competition pulls out something out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    He seemed very quick to point out Japan and Malaysia in the interviews, but was very quiet on mentioning Singapore!
    I just hope any team personnel doesn't face Marchionne's music for whatever wrong doings from Vettel this year. Yes we've had reliability issues this year but which other team hasn't had them? Team has worked very hard to produce this car, every mechanic in races, back in Maranello, they don't deserve an axe. We genuinely gave Vettel a championship capable car which last I saw was in 2008, I'm sure he could've done a better job. His remark today to 'protect' the team really rubbed me the wrong way

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I just hope any team personnel doesn't face Marchionne's music for whatever wrong doings from Vettel this year. Yes we've had reliability issues this year but which other team hasn't had them? Team has worked very hard to produce this car, every mechanic in races, back in Maranello, they don't deserve an axe. We genuinely gave Vettel a championship capable car which last I saw was in 2008, I'm sure he could've done a better job. His remark today to 'protect' the team really rubbed me the wrong way
    Seb mistakes don't matter anymore as we had two DNFs due to technical problems in two consecutive races. Yeah, it would've been a bit closer without his mistakes but still. As for the car's capabilities you are absolutely right, the team only need to sort out these reliability issues and keep the momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yeah, it gives lot of hope for next year, basic DNA of this car won't change much. Ferrari should be fighting for both titles next year unless competition pulls out something out of this world
    You are absolutely right, the DNA of F1 will stay more or less the same so we should be in competition not just next year but i'm pretty confident about 2019 and 2020 as well. Nevertheless, it will be extremely hard because RB are catching up and Merc are Merc. So, the competition is fierce. Driver will have an enormous impact next year, so let's hope Seb is up to the task and has learned a lot from this season.

I'm not thinking about the 2017 WDC anymore, just winning the remaining four races and come back stronger next year.

And what's up with Alonso holding up another car again? Max had a chance there and Alonso shattered it. Is he racing for Merc or something?
    Last edited by Stormy; 8th October 2017 at 12:53.

2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Alonso fan, but his behaviour in last two races is unacceptable, two penalty points is well deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
    I Agree 100%

I Watched Jody getting the WC in 1979. The years after that I was a very big fan of Gilles (with many up and down's) till that black day in Zolder Belgium. The next years with various drivers were very dark for Ferrari fans but we where there every time to support them. Then the Schummi period came and we go wild. It's a long story but we wil get there again!.

DON'T LOSE FAITH!!!
    Exactly my history too! I began as a Jackie Stewart fan (my first GP: Brands Hatch 1972!). Supported Tyrrell then followed Jody to Ferrari via Wolf. The bug got me and it's been Ferrari ever since. Can be a tough road though!

We will win again and Ferrari will ALWAYS be Ferrari, the greatest sports car and Grand Prix brand ever.

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Don't bash me guys. Its just my opinion.
    Alonso with this current Ferrari car, would have had solid advantage over Hamilton by now. Even with two reliability problems from last 2 races, we would have had some pt advantage. Nothing to take off from vettel too, some stellar drives. But there are mistakes too (Baku, Singapore = 50). Driver like Alonso wouldn't have done such mistakes.
    Alonso is intelligent driver, pretty robust. Nothing to take off from his brilliant starts, wtever team he is driving. His race starts are excellent.

Anyways focusing on next year's car n next 4 races is imp for Ferrari. Which could give some momentum going into next year.

It's not really a given that Seb would have won Baku and Singapore maybe Baku you can claim but Singapore we have no idea if the car would have liked the conditions.
    Forza Ferrari

There is one thing i dont understand, how is it possible that we had no problems during qualifying and the next day the car wake up broken??

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    And what's up with Alonso holding up another car again? Max had a chance there and Alonso shattered it. Is he racing for Merc or something?

Max's car did'nt have a chance according to Horner.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner says a blistered front-left tyre was the main reason Max Verstappen couldn't attack Lewis Hamilton for victory in Formula 1's Japanese Grand Prix.

Verstappen finished second at Suzuka, falling only 1.2 seconds shy of beating Hamilton after closing right up to the tail of the Mercedes driver in the closing laps.

Most of Verstappen's second stint was spent around three seconds adrift of the lead having gained time on the leader by ending his first stint on the supersoft tyres a lap earlier than Hamilton, for what appeared an attempted undercut strategy.

But Horner revealed that this was an instruction from the team in order to prevent a blister that appeared on Verstappen's front-left tyre during the second stint from worsening.

"We were managing, pretty much from about lap 35/36, an appearing and a widening blister on the inside of the front-left tyre that was getting ever deeper and wider," Horner said.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...amilton-attack

On Alonso this race, there was blue flags.....so he got burned.....karma.

Have to admit that Mercedes and Hamilton are doing their job very well.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Once again, despite our car clearly having great potential, things did not go to plan. The problem that stopped Seb was down to a broken spark plug. We spotted that something was not right on the lap to the grid and we tried our best to fix the problem. Seb got a great start, but shortly afterwards we had to call him back to the garage prior to retiring the car. Kimi’s race was compromised by his less than ideal start position, which came about because of the penalty he had to take for a change of gearbox following his accident in P3. From there, he was able to move up the order as far as fifth place. As I’ve said before, we know that the car, the drivers and the team are all on the pace. That is why we will tackle the coming races with great effort and even more determination. Right up to the last corner of thelast Grand Prix.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Our starting position today was not ideal. I did a decent start on the soft tires and in the first lap I tried to gain some positions, but when I attempted to pass a Renault I ran wide and lost some places; so I had to make them back. The feeling in the car was a little bit tricky all the way through the race, not the nicest balance; some laps were ok, some others a bit more difficult. It’s quite tricky to follow other cars on this track; we did a fairly good job out of overtaking people but we were too far from those at the front. Obviously, the final result is far from being the best possible. As for Sebastian, I don’t know what happened; we have made a lot of improvements over the last few years as a team, but now, for whatever reason, we suddenly seem to have technical issues coming out from nothing. It’s kind of weird, our cars are running perfectly and suddenly on Sunday there is an problem that nobody expects. There is some work to be done on that side. Then we are going to push until the last lap of the last race and we’ll see where we end up.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I don’t know if this situation has much to do with reliability. But we didn’t finish the race, so there is a problem. I think it was a small issue causing a big one. We didn’t have power already at the start and we tried to reset everything getting the power back, but something didn’t work. Of course now the Championship is more difficult and not finishing the race doesn’t help. I also said to the guys to get back home and have some rest because it’s been a tough week with a lot of changes. Then we’ll come back with a better package to do well for the last four races and then we’ll see. Overall, I believe the team is in a good way. We are improving race by race and there are positive aspects too. But, of course, today you can’t look too much at positive things.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Just watched the race then reading these posts all I got to say is, come on guys, you got to understand that reliability towards the end f season with limited PUs per season etc.. would be higher.

Team did a good job all year and has much to stand on to improve for future. It was a Giant leap this year from last. Can't get down on them. Mistakes were made and lessons learned. Think positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

He also held up Lewis that allowed Max closer. He's penalty was for Lewis not max.