Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wt happened in 2010???? Kindly plz
    In 2010:
    * Alonso spun and crashed out in wet Spa race.
    * He crashed out in Monaco FP3, which caused him to start from the back out the grid. It was a track Ferrari was very competitive.
    * At Silverstone drive through penalty and he got 0 points from a race where he started 4th.
    * very poor race in Turkey where he was 8th in a race where both RBR retired in mutual crash

All this back and foward commenting the issue is the external suppliers of parts this is our bad luck find better suppliers and bad luck will be gone they have let ferrari down big time suppliers need to do more quality control checks plan there work properly and not work under duress its as simple as that mercedes has all the above in order with there suppliers and the suppliers in response have the same and thats why they are number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Yea but what about China and Russia and Azerbajzan and Belgium? All penalties duo to engine changes or gearbox changes, Rosberg had non of that.
    Nico turned it up a notch in 2016 and was way more aggressive. Remember what happened in Austria 2016? I can't imagine Nico doing that in the previous years. That's why he won the title even though luck was on his side. We saw the best from Nico that year in his Merc stint. Lewis is till the better driver though, way better. Nevertheless, Nico won it fair and square? Or Merc gifted it to him to have a German champ?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    All this back and foward commenting the issue is the external suppliers of parts this is our bad luck find better suppliers and bad luck will be gone they have let ferrari down big time suppliers need to do more quality control checks plan there work properly and not work under duress its as simple as that mercedes has all the above in order with there suppliers and the suppliers in response have the same and thats why they are number 1.
    That's one of the reasons why the Mercs are #1....quality control. This has been addressed with Ferrari as heads will probably roll during winter in that dept. One would think, at least me, that Ferrari was already doing this???

I mean a spark-plug??? really!!! I don't believe I have heard that one in F1 since........since..... I can't remember!!! Honda in its 3yrs has never had a spark-plug issue.

Did it not get torqued right? was it gapped properly? Maybe it was the ignition coil?.....I'm sure we will here about it later....hopefully.

FerrariSteve Guest
    It sickens me that rapperboy will have 4 titles to Alonso's 2, it really skews the tables when someone gets in an all dominating team for years on end with no one to remotely challenge them and a #2 teammate to let him win even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Nico turned it up a notch in 2016 and was way more aggressive. Remember what happened in Austria 2016? I can't imagine Nico doing that in the previous years. That's why he won the title even though luck was on his side. We saw the best from Nico that year in his Merc stint. Lewis is till the better driver though, way better. Nevertheless, Nico won it fair and square? Or Merc gifted it to him to have a German champ?

Never understood Nico in Austria....."I was at full wheel lock." which he was'nt and banged into Lewis who ran wide into the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    It sickens me that rapperboy will have 4 titles to Alonso's 2, it really skews the tables when someone gets in an all dominating team for years on end with no one to remotely challenge them and a #2 teammate to let him win even more.
    This is a poor argument friend, first there no reason to be disrespectful towards Lewis and call him a rapper boy, there is nothing wrong in liking rap music first and second he is a very gifted and fast driver and he made his decisions far better than Alonso had!
    While Alonso was busy dictating politics and criticizing Ferrari, Lewis kept a cool head and look ahead trying to see what team might be in a position to give him a car that can win championships, and he got it right and he deserves his success.

Also the argument of having the fastest car is a mute point, Vettel had the fastest car for the duration of his 4 titles, Senna had the fastest car and Schumacher had the fastest car as well. You cannot win championships with an average car, not in the modern days of F1 at least. The car is much more important than the driver these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's one of the reasons why the Mercs are #1....quality control. This has been addressed with Ferrari as heads will probably roll during winter in that dept. One would think, at least me, that Ferrari was already doing this???

I mean a spark-plug??? really!!! I don't believe I have heard that one in F1 since........since..... I can't remember!!! Honda in its 3yrs has never had a spark-plug issue.

Did it not get torqued right? was it gapped properly? Maybe it was the ignition coil?.....I'm sure we will here about it later....hopefully.
    Think Max had it in China.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    This is a poor argument friend, first there no reason to be disrespectful towards Lewis and call him a rapper boy, there is nothing wrong in liking rap music first and second he is a very gifted and fast driver and he made his decisions far better than Alonso had!
    While Alonso was busy dictating politics and criticizing Ferrari, Lewis kept a cool head and look ahead trying to see what team might be in a position to give him a car that can win championships, and he got it right and he deserves his success.

Also the argument of having the fastest car is a mute point, Vettel had the fastest car for the duration of his 4 titles, Senna had the fastest car and Schumacher had the fastest car as well. You cannot win championships with an average car, not in the modern days of F1 at least. The car is much more important than the driver these days.
    True with regards to the fastest car but Schumacher came from Benetton and Vettel with STR before both ended up with the fastest car at that era/formula honing their race-craft. Lewis did not and started with Mclaren/Mercedes then Mercedes-Benz.....which as you say "he got it right and deserves his success."

Put the top 6 talented guys on the grid in a W08 and I'm sure they will equal or best Lewis. But put Lewis in a STR, Mclaren/Honda, Force India and I would say....he cracks IMO because he never came from the back. Vettel scored 35pts with STR of the total 38pts accumulated for the season. Food for thought is all.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Think Max had it in China.
    Version 4 of the engine seems rushed through. Maybe the new design puts a strain on components that the old design didn’t.

The question now is what damage can this spark plug do to a engine? None?

The STR that vettel drove wasn’t a bad car.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Not when Vettel was behind the wheel....

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    In 2010:
    * Alonso spun and crashed out in wet Spa race.
    * He crashed out in Monaco FP3, which caused him to start from the back out the grid. It was a track Ferrari was very competitive.
    * At Silverstone drive through penalty and he got 0 points from a race where he started 4th.
    * very poor race in Turkey where he was 8th in a race where both RBR retired in mutual crash
    You forgot that on Spa this happened:

And he had problems for the rest of the race as a result of that.

And about Silverstone... https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/...o-penalty-row/

Oh, and you forgot to mention...
    Australia:

Malaysia: "Fifteen cars headed out of the pit lane at once as Q1 begun, including Sebastian Vettel, though most of the top teams’ drivers stayed dry in the garages.

But this proved their undoing when a second, unexpected belt of rain dropped more water on the track. The circuit had only been half-wet at best but now required full wet tyres.

This caught out several drivers. Lewis Hamilton spun at the last corner on his first lap on intermediate tyres and by the time he came around again the track was so wet he needed full wet tyres.

Nor did either of the Ferrari drivers make it out soon enough. Fernando Alonso and Hamilton traded times at the end of the session, Alonso spinning at turn eight on one lap. They lapped within six thousandths of a second of each other on the quickly-drying track – but neither were able to make the cut for the top 17, and nor could Felipe Massa."
    https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/04/...ifying-report/

And in the race he had a engine failure.

Valencia: https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/...-fia-reaction/
    https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/...ilton-penalty/

etc.

Remember the season of 2014? Remember how most were saying Ferrari should sacrifice some reliability for performance, and that it should stop being so conservative and to finally start pushing the boundaries of both design and performance? Well folks, we are here!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Yep, it was 6th in WCC :)

Quote Originally Posted by GimiKimi View Post
    someone who walked out on the team and cost us the 2008 WDC with the Piquet crash singapore scam.
    Blame the mechanics.

F1AT report that Ferrari has pushed on the combustion of the fourth ICE in an attempt to compensate for the 0.9 oil and add a few more BHPs than the ICE 3. They say the new ICE wasn't originally designed with the 0.9 oil rule in mind, so they had two alternatives:
    put a new ICE 3 in the car and lose some performance because of the 0.9 (according to them the gap of ICE 3 to Mercedes was 20-25bhp) so that the gap to Mercedes will open to 30bhp
    or accept the risk to debut the ICE 4 (+new cooling) that is pushed very hard on the combustion side, to gain the power lost because of the 0.9 oil rule and another 10-15bhp (10 according to them 15 IIRC according to motorsport).
    The problems on the spark plugs would happen because of the very advanced combustion of the ICE.
    At least they tried, next year we will be strong, mark my words. This team has a winning mentality!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermega View Post
    You forgot that on Spa this happened:
    Alonso's crash had nothing to do with first lap incident. He went too wide on the curb and spun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL2oYoM2OlA

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Im sorry but i believe he is part of the problem! He is leaving Ferrari next year
    Why is he leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

And what's up with Alonso holding up another car again? Max had a chance there and Alonso shattered it. Is he racing for Merc or something?
    He was racing Massa for point. Massa refused to yield to the leaders, so he had to stay close to Massa. He almost passed massa despite driving a slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    F1AT report that Ferrari has pushed on the combustion of the fourth ICE in an attempt to compensate for the 0.9 oil and add a few more BHPs than the ICE 3. They say the new ICE wasn't originally designed with the 0.9 oil rule in mind, so they had two alternatives:
    put a new ICE 3 in the car and lose some performance because of the 0.9 (according to them the gap of ICE 3 to Mercedes was 20-25bhp) so that the gap to Mercedes will open to 30bhp
    or accept the risk to debut the ICE 4 (+new cooling) that is pushed very hard on the combustion side, to gain the power lost because of the 0.9 oil rule and another 10-15bhp (10 according to them 15 IIRC according to motorsport).
    The problems on the spark plugs would happen because of the very advanced combustion of the ICE.
    At least they tried, next year we will be strong, mark my words. This team has a winning mentality!

Winning mentality? I have seen everything but winning mentality this year. Passion and talent are there yes, but winning mentality? Nope. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    thanks for translating.

I kept getting all these posts in Italian with the word FIAT in front of them and .9 with all the numbers you stated...like a couple of hours ago but I got lazy and did'nt want to open them and then translate.

agreed, next year looks to be interesting on the PU side. Hope we bench it at full throttle until something breaks for hours....then rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Winning mentality? I have seen everything but winning mentality this year. Passion and talent are there yes, but winning mentality? Nope. Not yet.
    I would put it like this......What we have are two different Ideologies both of which warrant a winning mentality.

1.) Precision - one team strives to be close to it in all aspects of F1 on the track.

the other is

2.) Passion - the other shows it since the start of F1.....but lacks the constant precision like its adversary.

hows that?

Quote Originally Posted by Timpolidori View Post
    Hamilton would still be leading the world championship if he'd done the last two races on a unicycle!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d076e00556.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Just to clarify, this isn't Lewis Hamilton!! If you don't laugh you cry

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On #Austin #UsaGP #Austin, if Vettel finishes 6th or lower and Hamilton wins the race he catches his 4th F1 World title...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ese-gp-963223/

Team ran out of time to change the spark plug.

If we were running V12s, then we would have enough time to change the spark plug.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ese-gp-963223/

Team ran out of time to change the spark plug.

If we were running V12s, then we would have enough time to change the spark plug.

Maybe if PU's were alot simpler and not so complicated like we are currently running...

Vettel and Ferrari lost the moral ground during the Baku GP. Vettel, although a decent racer, made a disservice to himself and the Scuderia by acting so ridiculously immature by ramming his car against Hamilton's. He should have been disqualified and perhaps even banned from the championship but due to monetary issues, the FIA only gave him a slap in the wrist.

Ferrari needs to get rid of such bad human characters if it's to succeed in the future. The present looks bleak.

You know, id rather ferrari having reliability problems knowing the did everything to win. I mean would you rather the bulletproof slow Ferraris or this year? At least they tried. We cant fault them for that. No use bashing the team like that

As much as I’m not a massive Hamilton fan... I don’t understand the hatred, everyone saying “oh he’s lucky” etc etc

Give the guy a break, how can it be luck that he got picked up by McLaren, he was a fast kid and he’s even faster now, guys got skill and immense talent, he took a massive risk In joining Merc and look now, unstoppable on most weekends. Plus he’s had his fair share of bad luck, but I guess a lot of people can’t respect talent.

Someone like Stroll is lucky to get a seat, as is Ericsson, and look at them. Bringing up the rear. That McLaren was just as abysmal in 2009 as we were yet he got more race wins than us, and he’d have won it in 2010 if it wasn’t for reliability issues, this could have been 7th WDC if he really was “lucky”
    2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017...