Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    As much as I’m not a massive Hamilton fan... I don’t understand the hatred, everyone saying “oh he’s lucky” etc etc

Give the guy a break, how can it be luck that he got picked up by McLaren, he was a fast kid and he’s even faster now, guys got skill and immense talent, he took a massive risk In joining Merc and look now, unstoppable on most weekends. Plus he’s had his fair share of bad luck, but I guess a lot of people can’t respect talent.

Someone like Stroll is lucky to get a seat, as is Ericsson, and look at them. Bringing up the rear. That McLaren was just as abysmal in 2009 as we were yet he got more race wins than us, and he’d have won it in 2010 if it wasn’t for reliability issues, this could have been 7th WDC if he really was “lucky”
    2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017...
    He's the ultimate racer: Fastest in qualy and a sure winner on Sundays. Personal attacks on his antics or demeanor only serve to disqualify his pundits and haters. I'm a hardcore tifoso but recognize how flawed our squad is and how much it needs to change to be a real challenge to MB and recently, to RB.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    He's the ultimate racer: Fastest in qualy and a sure winner on Sundays. Personal attacks on his antics or demeanor only serve to disqualify his pundits and haters. I'm a hardcore tifoso but recognize how flawed our squad is and how much it needs to change to be a real challenge to MB and recently, to RB.
    And who the hell cares what he does in his personal time?! He comes to race weekends and smashes it... Clearly not affecting his performance! I couldn't less what people do in their spare time, so why hate on his!?

Sick and tired of this team bashing, drivers bashing, alonso would have done better than Seb, Kimi needs to make way for someone younger... Guess what? Seb and Kimi are going to be here next year also, and the team is more or less going to stay the same. Instead of looking at others we should praise or if its not the case for that than support our team. We will not get it this year, but we have made tremendous progress each year to find ourselves where we are now(even 2016 was a progress according to Seb). Remember the 2014 Ferrari car ? Yeah let that sink in, dreadfull atmosphere and maybe the worst car ever. Seb came in and the team got back to winning ways, atmosphere improved greatly. Now we are beating, on merit, Mercedes in some races and were neck in neck for wdc until that little mistake by Seb, who had a great season up until then. Kimi has woken up after a sloppy start to the season and was even faster than Seb in some races, everything was going good. The car was fast and i believe a 1-2 as possible in the last 2 races. Here a double podium was also on the cards if you look where kimi started and where he ended up with little time for setup. Ferrari have made progress with the car, it looks fast and aside from 1-2 tracks able to fight for the win

It will be sweet when we get those titles back. Forza Ferrari.

Lets go hard for the last of this season and do what we need to make the engine good in these last few races.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    A tough road it certainly is. My F1 history began at Monza in '67 when I had to witness a Surtees/Honda win, but the atmosphere of Monza and passion of the Tifosi meant I became one and have never lapsed. I loved Gilles too, and admit to not having a patriotic British bone in my body, at least as far as F1 is concerned! But these last 3 races have been very cruel.
    Huge fan too of GV. My 'proudest possession' - family aside!

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/as...4&d=1417034866
    Trying to be less angry..

İf Vettel and Ferrari want to win this year WDC they must put everything on table and go in full power like in Malasia to forced Mercedes go in qualy mode all race for burn they engine. If they be under pressure they do mistake like in start of the season.My opinion Ferrari nothing to lost but Merc have .
    Last edited by farid-baku; 9th October 2017 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    İf Vettel and Ferrari want to win this year WDC they must put everything on table and go in full power like in Malasia to forced Mercedes go in qualy mode all race for burn they engine. If they be under pressure they do mistake like in start of the season.My opinion Ferrari nothing to lost but Merc have .

All Lewis has to do, is let him through and finish behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Unfortunately yes, but let's finish season with wins and open next years also with win!

As much as I’m not a massive Hamilton fan... I don’t understand the hatred, everyone saying “oh he’s lucky” etc etc

Give the guy a break, how can it be luck that he got picked up by McLaren, he was a fast kid and he’s even faster now, guys got skill and immense talent, he took a massive risk In joining Merc and look now, unstoppable on most weekends. Plus he’s had his fair share of bad luck, but I guess a lot of people can’t respect talent.

Someone like Stroll is lucky to get a seat, as is Ericsson, and look at them. Bringing up the rear. That McLaren was just as abysmal in 2009 as we were yet he got more race wins than us, and he’d have won it in 2010 if it wasn’t for reliability issues, this could have been 7th WDC if he really was “lucky”
    2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017...
    2009 started bad for Mclaren, but as they developed the car got the DD on and working they caught up with Brawn and Red Bull was there aswell. Luck by being picked by Mclaren? He said to Ron Dennis at an awards ceremony one day i will be racing one of your cars. They kept in touch, he was told what he needs to do and "moulded" and when he won the British Championship and Super One, thats when Dennis signed him fully to the Mclaren driver programme. Pretty much all his young racing career he had a backing hand from Mclaren. Yes may be talented, but he has had alot of luck and help. Before he started 2007, Lewis had 15,000kms under his belt testing and many many more on the simulator.

He is lucky in sense of joining Merc, if it wasnt for his management team back in 2012 making him think he was bigger than Mclaren and F1 and he was to good for doing the PR days that comes with F1, he wouldnt of joined Merc. Merc offered him so many less PR days and more money. And since having this "freedom" at Merc Lewis has turned into this, well cannt say what i mean as would have to ban myself.

Im not a hater of him, just dont like him. Dont like how he, his fanboys behave to any none Merc Lewis fan, and now the biased F1 coverage, SKYF1, C4F1 and BBC.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    2009 started bad for Mclaren, but as they developed the car got the DD on and working they caught up with Brawn and Red Bull was there aswell. Luck by being picked by Mclaren? He said to Ron Dennis at an awards ceremony one day i will be racing one of your cars. They kept in touch, he was told what he needs to do and "moulded" and when he won the British Championship and Super One, thats when Dennis signed him fully to the Mclaren driver programme. Pretty much all his young racing career he had a backing hand from Mclaren. Yes may be talented, but he has had alot of luck and help. Before he started 2007, Lewis had 15,000kms under his belt testing and many many more on the simulator.

He is lucky in sense of joining Merc, if it wasnt for his management team back in 2012 making him think he was bigger than Mclaren and F1 and he was to good for doing the PR days that comes with F1, he wouldnt of joined Merc. Merc offered him so many less PR days and more money. And since having this "freedom" at Merc Lewis has turned into this, well cannt say what i mean as would have to ban myself.

Im not a hater of him, just dont like him. Dont like how he, his fanboys behave to any none Merc Lewis fan, and now the biased F1 coverage, SKYF1, C4F1 and BBC.

But also Brawn, Norbert and Lauda convinced how prepared they was for the coming seasons.

How his fans behave? Huh, I see bad fans for every driver and team.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Unfortunately yes, but let's finish season with wins and open next years also with win!
    +1 well said

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Never understood Nico in Austria....."I was at full wheel lock." which he was'nt and banged into Lewis who ran wide into the turn.
    Yeah i know, but that's something i never thought Nico would've done. I was expecting such a move only from Lewis. Having said that, Nico's determination to win that title was bigger than ever. You can't win a title against Lewis by being a nice guy.

But also Brawn, Norbert and Lauda convinced how prepared they was for the coming seasons.

How his fans behave? Huh, I see bad fans for every driver and team.

Prepared? they had 2-3 year head start on these hybrid systems than all other teams. That was thanks to their backroom threats to leave F1 if these systems didnt come in, so they had massive head starts.

Young kids being verbally abused at Silverstone for wearing Ferrari colours by Lewis fans. Dont ever here Williams, Mclaren, Torro Rosso fans doing that to others.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

He had a lot of help because they recognized his talent. Other drivers are also receiving a lot of help before F1 but they are not near his caliber.
    As for joining Merc, i don't think he risked a lot. He expected Merc to start being competitive, they are Merc after all.

I'm sensing mercs will have reliability problem with engine somewhere around the corner. But 1dnf is not enough for vet to win. That's the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I'm sensing mercs will have reliability problem with engine somewhere around the corner. But 1dnf is not enough for vet to win. That's the concern.
    true, Seb needs Ham to have 2 DNFs, or 1 DNF and a bad result, like P8 or something.

Prepared? they had 2-3 year head start on these hybrid systems than all other teams. That was thanks to their backroom threats to leave F1 if these systems didnt come in, so they had massive head starts.

Young kids being verbally abused at Silverstone for wearing Ferrari colours by Lewis fans. Dont ever here Williams, Mclaren, Torro Rosso fans doing that to others.
    +1

Interesting drivers briefing Suzuka 2017.

1.) Vettel/Stroll incident. Charlie to Seb "ride the medical car next time" then Lewis about Seb taking the steering wheel.
    2.) Grosjean inquiring about Lewis "unfastening" his safety belts after the race...Massa joining in with Grosjean. Debate about "loosening" and "un-doing" them.

notice Stroll being underage not having the "Martini" logo.

Inside The F1 Driver Briefing | 2017 Japanese Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPr5khO86Eg

Yeah sure, only nasty fans are Lewis fans, sure they are

Oh now a 3 year head start, if new rules were coming, and the teams were already researching new technology then the fault is down to the team not being prepared.

Rules were not decided though and there was many options that the FIA might have taken.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah sure, only nasty fans are Lewis fans, sure they are

Oh now a 3 year head start, if new rules were coming, and the teams were already researching new technology then the fault is down to the team not being prepared.
    Mercedes had a 2 to 3 year head start on this current ICE Hybrid system. 2012 into 2013 all manufacturers had a meeting about the next power-unit. Mercedes and Renault wanted to go to the I-4 ICE (which Ferrari in F1 used to race I-4 ICE's back in the day) BUT Ferrari was'nt having it SO all agreed to the V-6 T ICE Hybrid powerplant.
    Plus Mercedes supplies it's engines to Wiliams and FI, so YES, they leveraged the FIA to push for the current ICE Hybrid system WHICH they spent millions for it already all for the sake of road-relevance.

Currently, Mercedes spends 100's of millions of USD on its F1 V-6T Hybrid system.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th October 2017 at 11:10.

Someone like Stroll is lucky to get a seat,.....
    Yes he is.....as all of us would like to have a father that makes billions.

Let me break down Stroll and Williams like a fraction for you.....and just Stroll.

1.) Stroll won races in F3 and F2....okay fair enough but due to his money AND Williams situation, Stroll's money squeezed out highly qualified drivers that are way better than him....i.e. Gasly, Latiffi, Leclerc, Markelov, etc. Okay I get it, Money talks, bull[censored] walks.

2.) Daddy Stroll put the Stroll-er in a mid-field team from the get go. His dad has a type A personality....he gets things done hence his billions. Daddy Stroll wanted him in a Ferrari F1 car since the Stroll-er was in the FDA AND Daddy Stroll owns a Ferrari Dealership in Montreal and has quite the collection of Ferrari's.....you think with all that clout Ferrari would sign him in an F1 car.....NO FREAKIN WAY!!!! because Ferrari see's and as we all know, you have to start at the back first (Leclerc) to prove yourself on MERIT and if you do.....then there is seat in Ferrari F1.

3.) It sad Williams took the money which tells me....they needed it.

4.) Massa has to "nurse-feed" the Stroll-er who barely beats Massa (retired F1 driver). The Stoll-er should be beating Massa by a second....at least.

5.) Driver's to compare the Stroll-er's race-craft in his age group.....Max, Gasly, and Leclerc...which will eat him for breakfast and surpass the Stroll-er.

6.) One more thing with regards to Martini. Due to the Stroll-er's age, I am sure since Martini is sponsoring Williams, they frown upon the "non-advertising" logo's on the Stroll-er. I bet it was in the Martini contract that all drivers sponsor the Martini brand and if you were a Martini owner or stockholder, this would not sit well with you.

food for thought on how lucky the Stroll-er is.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th October 2017 at 12:22.

4:27 Via SKY F1

Red Bull’s drivers are set to take one more grid penalty apiece in the season’s final four races, according to Helmut Marko.

The on-form team took grid penalties for fifth engines of 2017 at the Italian GP in September, but Marko, Red Bull’s advisor, concedes Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen are going to need one more engine each to complete the final four races.

“We still have an engine change with both cars,” he told Auto Motor und Sport.

“That means starting from far back. We will take the motors at different races so that we are at least with one car at the front.”

WOW.....Media is having a field day with Ferrari from Arrivabene being ousted by end of season to Ferrari being championship contenders now complete collapse. Especially SKYSports. It bash Ferrari for the next two weeks from the media. I'm sure Italian media is worse.

and the comments.......all doom and gloom from the media for the next two weeks.

Missed watching this race live and caught the highlights today. Sad to see how reliability has completely scuttled our ship. The plus to all such negative results is that at least the car, we know, is now just as fast as the merc perhaps even faster. Which would bode well for next season.
    WDC is almost over for SV. It will take more than one miracle for him to get anywhere close to challenging for it.
    But we shouldnt have lost the WCC so easily. Kimi should have done better. In fact, i dont think we should have renewed his contract.
    We need a faster driver, or more accurately, a more committed driver. Why we didnt go after Hulk or Max i dont know. But its come back and bitten the team in the now.
    Silently, like a shadow

İ dont think so because Red bull like hunter now if Mercedes drive in lower power mode they catch them immidiatly.If we will be little bit clever we can use them to get points from lewis.

İ dont think so because Red bull like hunter now if Mercedes drive in lower power mode they catch them immidiatly.If we will be little bit clever we can use them to get points from lewis.
    I don't think that's what he means. All Lewis has to do, should he want to coast till the end(Abu Dhabi), is stay behind Vettel(should Seb fight till the end) and Lewis still wins the WDC.

Pole: 1 minute 27 seconds and 31 hundredths
    Race time: 1 hour 27 minutes and 31 seconds.
    1 + 27 + 31 = 59 points HAM leads VET.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    WOW.....Media is having a field day with Ferrari from Arrivabene being ousted by end of season to Ferrari being championship contenders now complete collapse. Especially SKYSports. It bash Ferrari for the next two weeks from the media. I'm sure Italian media is worse.

and the comments.......all doom and gloom from the media for the next two weeks.
    Knee-jerk reactions are to be expected and the Italian media will be the worst, so we just need to win the last four races with a couple of DNFs for HAM and proper back-up from Kimi, oh and reliability and luck might help, we live in hope, however futile!!