Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes he is.....as all of us would like to have a father that makes billions.

Let me break down Stroll and Williams like a fraction for you.....and just Stroll.

1.) Stroll won races in F3 and F2....okay fair enough but due to his money AND Williams situation, Stroll's money squeezed out highly qualified drivers that are way better than him....i.e. Gasly, Latiffi, Leclerc, Markelov, etc. Okay I get it, Money talks, bull[censored] walks.

2.) Daddy Stroll put the Stroll-er in a mid-field team from the get go. His dad has a type A personality....he gets things done hence his billions. Daddy Stroll wanted him in a Ferrari F1 car since the Stroll-er was in the FDA AND Daddy Stroll owns a Ferrari Dealership in Montreal and has quite the collection of Ferrari's.....you think with all that clout Ferrari would sign him in an F1 car.....NO FREAKIN WAY!!!! because Ferrari see's and as we all know, you have to start at the back first (Leclerc) to prove yourself on MERIT and if you do.....then there is seat in Ferrari F1.

3.) It sad Williams took the money which tells me....they needed it.

4.) Massa has to "nurse-feed" the Stroll-er who barely beats Massa (retired F1 driver). The Stoll-er should be beating Massa by a second....at least.

5.) Driver's to compare the Stroll-er's race-craft in his age group.....Max, Gasly, and Leclerc...which will eat him for breakfast and surpass the Stroll-er.

6.) One more thing with regards to Martini. Due to the Stroll-er's age, I am sure since Martini is sponsoring Williams, they frown upon the "non-advertising" logo's on the Stroll-er. I bet it was in the Martini contract that all drivers sponsor the Martini brand and if you were a Martini owner or stockholder, this would not sit well with you. But you can't buy Ferrari, RB, McLaren or Merc. Meaning Stroll will always have a seat in a midfield team until his dad gets bored and tells him it's enough, it's time to work for the family business or something.

food for thought on how lucky the Stroll-er is.
    Good elaboration lol.
    The thing is, money can get you into F1 but only skill alone can get you into a top team. However, all of these drivers on the grid (maybe except Lewis) come from relatively rich families. Karting is pretty expensive you know. But you can't squeeze your parent's money in F2 or F3 without sponsors because that's ultra expensive even for relatively rich families, so you need sponsors. But Stroll comes from an ultra rich multi-billion dollar family which means he never even needed sponsors. So skill or no skill, his dad will always be a sponsor.
    Last edited by Stormy; 9th October 2017 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Good elaboration lol.
    The thing is, money can get you into F1 but only skill alone can get you into a top team. However, all of these drivers on the grid (maybe except Lewis) come from relatively rich families. Karting is pretty expensive you know. But you can't squeeze your parent's money in F2 or F3 without sponsors because that's ultra expensive even for relatively rich families, so you need sponsors. But Stroll comes from an ultra rich multi-billion dollar family which means he never even needed sponsors. So skill or no skill, his dad will always be a sponsor.
    Unfortunately and for the time being, Williams has become a day-care center and nursing home all rolled up into one.

Yep, about sponsorship and money. I will say this.....all the money in the world, in this case the Stroll-er, can't buy race-craft/talent....of which he does not have. Oh sure, he can learn but in his case, its at a turtles pace. If he does not develop soon, F1 will kick him out.....see ya. Kid is under immense pressure......more so from his Dad.

Williams day care center has to be 1st in knowing what's great for their team. Along with picking up a few $$ which is F1s main concern all around, they wind up with Stroll ! So far 1 podium for Williams and 32 pts! He's 2 pts. away from being in the top 10. This former F3 Canadian champion is doing great despite no talent! I doubt anyone can say; it's the car that got him he points. His A rated old man surly knows where and how to invest a few $$s.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    His A rated old man surly knows where and how to invest a few $$s.
    Would'nt be surprised if Daddy Stroll started slapping some of his company logo's on the car. Smart if you ask me. I would if I had his money and I gave Williams $80 million USD for my kid to have a seat.

Would'nt be surprised if Daddy Stroll started slapping some of his company logo's on the car. Smart if you ask me. I would if I had his money and I gave Williams $80 million USD for my kid to have a seat.
    Probably he will. Damn, $80M is probably way more than what Martini invests annually. Williams did good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    So far 1 podium for Williams and 32 pts! He's 2 pts. away from being in the top 10. This former F3 Canadian champion is doing great despite no talent!
    We are not saying Stroll is a talentless buffoon. However, he is just an average racer that wouldn't even be in F1 if it wasn't for that $80M investment.

Is this now a Stroll thread?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    İf Vettel and Ferrari want to win this year WDC they must put everything on table and go in full power like in Malasia to forced Mercedes go in qualy mode all race for burn they engine. If they be under pressure they do mistake like in start of the season.My opinion Ferrari nothing to lost but Merc have .
    Whats stopped us from doing this in the past? Nothing. So I cant see anything different.

The focus should be on 2018. Ferrari are def favourites. Merc have been exposed and their car design is flawed in that it is sensitive to heeat and cannot follow other cars. They are in big trouble next year and beyond. They will have to change their design and drop back. So I can see them slump in 2018/2019.

Ferrari have the next years covered only RB can get in their way and thankfully Reanult are going to ditch them. So looks like RB and Merc are going to take step backwards. One with weaker PU and the other havving to overhaul its car design.

Great things ahead for Ferrari 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Is this now a Stroll thread?

Disappointed Since 2010

These last three races have been absolute nightmare. I know you can completely mess up one race, but three in a row is something unbelievable. The only thing that can match this is Hamilton's 2007 failure to win the title. Very disappointment by the team.

I may be wrong but does anyone feel it could be some sort of sabotage or industrial espionage, seeing all these weird last minute engine issues creeping up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GimiKimi View Post

The focus should be on 2018. Ferrari are def favourites. Merc have been exposed and their car design is flawed in that it is sensitive to heeat and cannot follow other cars. They are in big trouble next year and beyond. They will have to change their design and drop back. So I can see them slump in 2018/2019.

Ferrari have the next years covered only RB can get in their way and thankfully Reanult are going to ditch them. So looks like RB and Merc are going to take step backwards. One with weaker PU and the other havving to overhaul its car design.
    What are the specific points in the 2018 rules that should allow Ferrari to jump over Mercedes?
    It seems that Mercedes has done a very good job with their cars in the last few years. Why should they struggle next year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GimiKimi View Post
    Whats stopped us from doing this in the past? Nothing. So I cant see anything different.

Great things ahead for Ferrari 2018!
    I didn't get ur last point.

Renault ditching RB n how come mercs would be weak all of sudden ?

Yes Ferrari looks stronger, but discounting mercs n RB is absolute blunder.
    All 3 teams have scope of improvement
    1) Ferrari :
    PU - they need to concentrate on this, get some more HP's
    Wet tyres - this is also weakness of Ferrari. They should improve wet tyre performance. I wonder how Ferrari is missing performance on wet tyres when they have excellent chassis ....point comes to my mind is they are able generate more heat into those tyres to operate them in their range. Definitely need to work out

2) Mercs :
    hotter conditions - their car struggled under these conditions, particularly at high DF circuits (low speed n medium speed corners). Basically its their car design (LWB) & suspension system.

3) RB :
    engine - it's not in their hands.
    Chasis - they have every scope of improvement. As car is getting better n better for race by race.

So next year it's gonna be close for top3 teams as, few regulations have changed (oil burn, halo, engine spec etc)

I hope mercs will be caught out next year. So Ferrari have definitely a chance at WDC, RB will be occassionally fast as they mostly depend on engine at some tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I may be wrong but does anyone feel it could be some sort of sabotage or industrial espionage, seeing all these weird last minute engine issues creeping up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this is the new spec PU that have reliability issues. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    SM is biggest reason for Ferraris rise in form over last 3 years.
    This is the kinda crap that comes out of your presidents mouth:
    “It was a technical nonsense that had an impact on a car that costs millions of euros,” said Marchionne in an interview with Italy’s Class CNBC television

This is why i dont like him. He is a business man, and business man only care about 1 thing... MONEY! This comment proves he doesnt care about the actual team or its fans, as long as the cash keeps coming in. Im sorry but he doesnt have the true Ferrari passion.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    “It was a technical nonsense that had an impact on a car that costs millions of euros,” said Marchionne in an interview with Italy’s Class CNBC television

This is why i dont like him. He is a business man, and business man only care about 1 thing... MONEY! This comment proves he doesnt care about the actual team or its fans, as long as the cash keeps coming in. Im sorry but he doesnt have the true Ferrari passion.
    wow...F1 and American politics???...Interesting analogy

While you may not like SM, you are correct about him being a business man. Know this, Ferrari F1 and Ferrari car sales are not directly correlated. People buy Ferrari's NOT because of F1 let alone those buyers follow F1, they buy Ferrari because it's a Ferrari...a status symbol, its fast, its beautiful, it screams to others I HAVE MONEY in a hedonistic way. It is NOT for the reason: " I bought it because they are in F1."

Same goes for Mclaren car sales, who are their direct competitors in that market niche. People don't buy a Mclaren and say: " I bought it because they are in F1."

I'm sure its a selling tool for the car salesman in both Ferrari and Mclaren, "Oh by the way, they are in F1." but the buyer is not going to say " Yeah, but they have'nt won anything in over a decade or more." The buyer will buy it regardless.

That said, SM has people (stockholders and board of directors) that he has to report to and respond to them as to why all this money is being spent in a F1 and have yet to yield any of the two championship titles due to reliability and driver issues during his reign as the CEO of FCA. But just like any athletic sport whether its American football or soccer, it starts with the coach, however you may feel about his supervisor, that gets the ax....then comes the internal firings. Heads are gonna roll, like it or not, thats just how business is done and in the athletic arena...the difference is, in F1 is probably alot sooner rather than later when compared to the athletic arena.

Don't think anyone mentioned anything about American politics?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post

SM's role as CEO of Ferrari is first and foremost to make sure the company makes money. MA's role on the other hand is to make sure Ferrari's F1 team is successful. So you can't blame SM for a thing because last time i checked Ferrari is making a huge profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Don't think anyone mentioned anything about American politics?
    got it..thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I didn't get ur last point.

Renault ditching RB n how come mercs would be weak all of sudden ?

Yes Ferrari looks stronger, but discounting mercs n RB is absolute blunder.
    All 3 teams have scope of improvement
    1) Ferrari :
    PU - they need to concentrate on this, get some more HP's
    Wet tyres - this is also weakness of Ferrari. They should improve wet tyre performance. I wonder how Ferrari is missing performance on wet tyres when they have excellent chassis ....point comes to my mind is they are able generate more heat into those tyres to operate them in their range. Definitely need to work out

2) Mercs :
    hotter conditions - their car struggled under these conditions, particularly at high DF circuits (low speed n medium speed corners). Basically its their car design (LWB) & suspension system.

3) RB :
    engine - it's not in their hands.
    Chasis - they have every scope of improvement. As car is getting better n better for race by race.

So next year it's gonna be close for top3 teams as, few regulations have changed (oil burn, halo, engine spec etc)

I hope mercs will be caught out next year. So Ferrari have definitely a chance at WDC, RB will be occassionally fast as they mostly depend on engine at some tracks.

It is rumoured that the tyre issues of Merc is due to the banning of the suspension at the start of the season. Their cars whole theory was built around it and they was stuck with it until they can re-developer for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    SM's role as CEO of Ferrari is first and foremost to make sure the company makes money. MA's role on the other hand is to make sure Ferrari's F1 team is successful. So you can't blame SM for a thing because last time i checked Ferrari is making a huge profit.
    Im not blaming him Stormy, im just saying he does nothing for our team imo. except talk crap to the media, like he did last year, put our team under pressure by saying that 2nd is unacceptable blah blah blah. Just keeep your mouth shut cause you know nothing about making a successful F1 team, all you know is how to make money, so go and do that and leave the team alone. Thats my point.
    The team dont even like him showing up to races, cause apparently every time he does, they lose! So stay away Mr Businessman!

While you may not like SM, you are correct about him being a business man. Know this, Ferrari F1 and Ferrari car sales are not directly correlated. People buy Ferrari's NOT because of F1 let alone those buyers follow F1, they buy Ferrari because it's a Ferrari...a status symbol, its fast, its beautiful, it screams to others I HAVE MONEY in a hedonistic way. It is NOT for the reason: " I bought it because they are in F1."

Same goes for Mclaren car sales, who are their direct competitors in that market niche. People don't buy a Mclaren and say: " I bought it because they are in F1."

I'm sure its a selling tool for the car salesman in both Ferrari and Mclaren, "Oh by the way, they are in F1." but the buyer is not going to say " Yeah, but they have'nt won anything in over a decade or more." The buyer will buy it regardless.

That said, SM has people (stockholders and board of directors) that he has to report to and respond to them as to why all this money is being spent in a F1 and have yet to yield any of the two championship titles due to reliability and driver issues during his reign as the CEO of FCA. But just like any athletic sport whether its American football or soccer, it starts with the coach, however you may feel about his supervisor, that gets the ax....then comes the internal firings. Heads are gonna roll, like it or not, thats just how business is done and in the athletic arena...the difference is, in F1 is probably alot sooner rather than later when compared to the athletic arena.
    Imo, business, and passion for sport, and for winning with your team dont mix! Not in my book. When Seb had the failure on Sunday, we saw our championship get blown away, he saw millions of dollars get blown away, thats the difference i dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Pole: 1 minute 27 seconds and 31 hundredths
    Race time: 1 hour 27 minutes and 31 seconds.
    1 + 27 + 31 = 59 points HAM leads VET.
    a small part of the Matrix?
    Even I don't believe in a deeper reason behind it, I pull my head that you had the eye for that
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

People buy Ferrari's NOT because of F1 let alone those buyers follow F1, they buy Ferrari because it's a Ferrari...a status symbol, its fast, its beautiful, it screams to others I HAVE MONEY in a hedonistic way. It is NOT for the reason: " I bought it because they are in F1."
    I think you're talking about Lamborghini.

Sure, some people buy them as status symbols, but the very foundation of the brand is its history in motorsports. It would be foolish to think a number of Ferrari owners are unaware or do not care that the team competes in the pinnacle of motorsports.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Sure, some people buy them as status symbols, but the very foundation of the brand is its history in motorsports. It would be foolish to think a number of Ferrari owners are unaware or do not care that the team competes in the pinnacle of motorsports.
    Agreed. Just like some or most are unaware what Pininfarina is and how it no longer has "styled or designed" Ferrari's of mass production anymore as of late.