Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2017 COTA (USGP) Race thread

What RB have advantage is 2 fast drivers who are aggressive and defensive too.

At the moment they don't have fast car to challenge mercs or ferrari. So team harmony would be good.

If they produce fast car next year, then problem arises within team for sure. Becoz both drivers won't back off for title showdown. Which would lead like ham vs Alonso at McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What are those 2021 rules?
    The engine formula is due for a revision in 2021.
    I don't think there's any 2021 rules being set yet. They are still studying what is the next engine formula the sport should have, and they are talking to many people from current manufacturer to prospective manufacturer who are interested to join F1.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I dont think Max can obliterate any of the top 7-8 drivers next season. He has been beaten quite clearly by Ricciardo this year, and next year he will have DNFs aswell because of his chaotic driving style, so I think Ricciardo will be safe. Furthermore I think he will beat Max next season too.
    Are you kidding? All of those podiums Ric won this season would've been Max's podiums if not for reliability issues. He was always ahead of Ric when PU reliability issues struck. Don't get me wrong, i like Ric more than Max, but we need to be honest as to who has the upper edge performance wise at the moment. Maybe Ricciardo will up his game and beat Max next year, but it will be very hard because Max is a beast. I truly think both Lewis and Seb are afraid racing him with a same car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't think there's any 2021 rules being set yet. They are still studying what is the next engine formula the sport should have, and they are talking to many people from current manufacturer to prospective manufacturer who are interested to join F1.
    On the surface it looks like we might get more simpler engines and big team's budgets cut in half to level the competition a bit.

Agree that Max has been the much better driver at Red Bull, points don't tell the whole picture and he seems to have kept out of any trouble recently but still has that aggression to go for it which is something I like. Would take him at Ferrari no problem to replace Kimi.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes, I’d love to see him driving Red but he’ll have to wait. Horner is a shrewd TP, have him locked with RB

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Whatever the engine rules, hopefully they are fair for everyone, no head start for any manufacture who tries to lobby the way Mercedes did

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Horner is a shrewd TP, have him locked with RB
    Sure, Horner is a very smart individual, but what else is there for Max? Seb is locked in with us, Lewis with Merc so the only thing left for him is to stay put at RB until 2020 when Seb's contract expires and Lewis' as well. Max is has a great advantage because he's very young. When Lewis and Seb retire he will be in his prime. I can see him winning multiple titles easy.
    Last edited by Stormy; 24th October 2017 at 17:25.

From what I see all of them had two wheels on the rumble strip except Max, so I guess that’s why he got penalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verstappen is on pace with Ricciardo but still I have the impression that he is not ready to beat him for the championship due to his lack of experience, intelligence and respect towards his opponents.

Both Ric and Max were frustrated in Austin. They will be eager to do well in Mexico, let's see which one comes out on top.

Max will receive a penalty for calling Garry Connely (steward) an idiot. Probably induced by his father, Jos.

Garry Connely does not like Max and both have a history together.....including the father Jos. Garry waited to humiliate Max at the USGP instead of telling Max or Horner that Max is to recieve a 5 sec. penalty.

I don't have an issue with the penalty, just on how they(stewards) went about it. He's the same steward that in Suzuka last year lobbied Mercedes to protest the stewards decision not to penalize Verstappen (he was the only one that wanted a penalty for Verstappen). He's the same steward that in Mexico last year did not give Hamilton a penalty for cutting the corner and getting a huge advantage, but did decide to give Verstappen one for doing the same thing (except his advantage was far smaller. So I think Verstappen is absolutely correct that Garry has something against him, and absolutely right to call him an idiot.

Jos...well. Always has been an arrogant guy but in some ways I appreciate him and his views. I don't often take him very serious as obviously he is biased to some degree.

Max has raced from Abu Dhabi 2015 a total of 39 races and was given 5x a penalty (including one double in Abu Dhabi 2015). All from Connelly.

In the 28 races Connelly wasn't a Steward Verstappen never got a penalty. Connelly was a Steward in 11 races. Max finished 8 off them. From those 8 races he got 5 times a penalty from Connelly.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max will receive a penalty for calling Garry Connely (steward) an idiot. Probably induced by his father, Jos.

Garry Connely does not like Max and both have a history together.....including the father Jos. Garry waited to humiliate Max at the USGP instead of telling Max or Horner that Max is to recieve a 5 sec. penalty.

I don't have an issue with the penalty, just on how they(stewards) went about it. He's the same steward that in Suzuka last year lobbied Mercedes to protest the stewards decision not to penalize Verstappen (he was the only one that wanted a penalty for Verstappen). He's the same steward that in Mexico last year did not give Hamilton a penalty for cutting the corner and getting a huge advantage, but did decide to give Verstappen one for doing the same thing (except his advantage was far smaller. So I think Verstappen is absolutely correct that Garry has something against him, and absolutely right to call him an idiot.

Jos...well. Always has been an arrogant guy but in some ways I appreciate him and his views. I don't often take him very serious as obviously he is biased to some degree.

Max has raced from Abu Dhabi 2015 a total of 39 races and was given 5x a penalty (including one double in Abu Dhabi 2015). All from Connelly.

In the 28 races Connelly wasn't a Steward Verstappen never got a penalty. Connelly was a Steward in 11 races. Max finished 8 off them. From those 8 races he got 5 times a penalty from Connelly.
    I don't care. Max did an overtake with four wheels behind the white line, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't care. Max did an overtake with four wheels behind the white line, end of story.
    And yet Valterri Bottas gets away with it. Stewards are so inconsistent.

F1 2017 US GRAND PRIX - WHY MERCEDES VALTTERI BOTTAS' OVERTAKE ON DANIEL RICCIARDO WAS ILLEGAL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnO2QKOQem8

Here is the best of team radio USGP. GRO is such the whiner!!!

2017 United States Grand Prix: Best Of Team Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMAG3FBOk8&t=3s

F1 2017 US GRAND PRIX - WHY MERCEDES VALTTERI BOTTAS' OVERTAKE ON DANIEL RICCIARDO WAS ILLEGAL!!!

You are right, Bottas should've been instructed to give back the position or face a penalty. The FIA does have subjective decision making when enforcing rule penalties. We should blame the FIA for being inconsistent and not blame them for penalizing Max who obviously deserved it. Or a better option when it comes to extending track limits, put gravel - TONS OF IT!

Here is the best of team radio USGP. GRO is such the whiner!!!

2017 United States Grand Prix: Best Of Team Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMAG3FBOk8&t=3s
    Maybe the biggest cry baby in F1 history. He's literally whining about everything. You never hear KMAG whining like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Would take him at Ferrari no problem to replace Kimi.
    I would rather have Leclerc.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would rather have Leclerc.
    Me too. Shame we can't make Haas sign him so he'll have to be with Sauber for at least one year.

FIA is biased to mercs for certain period.
    In terms of penalties n rules.
    I'm waiting eagerly what set of rules would be defined to 2021 & wt kind of lobbying does each engine manufacturer do. Mercs already playing their hand to not remove completely turbo era. Which they excelled in.

It's imp how Ferrari, Honda, RB, Renault plan their strategy.

Its easy pull out and let merc race itself bring f1 on its knees costs have to be reduced to have more challenges as for turbo era say good bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Maybe the biggest cry baby in F1 history. He's literally whining about everything. You never hear KMAG whining like that.
    Rmain Grsjean
    and to think that some people want him to drive for Ferrari
    still, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Bottas was clearly pushed out by Ric. He couldn't stay inside white line because Ric was on the white line. Where Max was not pushed, he intentionally cut the corner. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Bottas was clearly pushed out by Ric. He couldn't stay inside white line because Ric was on the white line. Where Max was not pushed, he intentionally cut the corner. Big difference.
    exceeding track limits is gaining an advantage over the other car. Ricci overtook Bottas BEFORE the apex, Bottas should have conceded or gave back the position.

exceeding track limits is gaining an advantage over the other car. Ricci overtook Bottas BEFORE the apex, Bottas should have conceded or gave back the position.
    No. Just because you dive into the corner, doesn't give you the right of the line. This was a racing incident if anything. And you can not compare this to Rai-Max incident.
    What about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Ap...ature=youtu.be
    Same guy made the video, clearly a RB fan.

No. Just because you dive into the corner, doesn't give you the right of the line. This was a racing incident if anything. And you can not compare this to Rai-Max incident.
    What about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Ap...ature=youtu.be
    Same guy made the video, clearly a RB fan.
    Had there been grass/gravel/dirt in both RAI-VER and RIC-BOT....would both drivers (VER-BOT) have overtaken or gained an advantage on their opponents.....I think not.

Had there been grass/gravel/dirt Ric would probably left more space, he is a hard but fair racer. Max would probably crash into Rai and whine about Rai not giving enough space.

Had there been grass/gravel/dirt Ric would probably left more space, he is a hard but fair racer. Max would probably crash into Rai and whine about Rai not giving enough space.
    LOL....this is the same steward that was at the Mexican GP 2016 AAAAANNNNDDDD gave VER the penalty BUT NOT HAM for doing the same thing.

Hamilton's and Verstappen's cheat on Mexico GP 2016 F1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-nMx-gnTU

OMG...how pathetic are you Max fanboys. There are 3 stewards at the race, not just one. And for the example you gave, yes, Hamilton should have gotten the penalty, but he was pushed out, where Max braked too late and wasn't pushed out. Not the same thing. And don't forget all the times Max wasn't penalised while changing direction under braking. So stop complaining at a Ferrari forum, because you won't get much support here. Go write Jos on twitter, you support him and his spoiled child.

OMG...how pathetic are you Max fanboys. There are 3 stewards at the race, not just one. And for the example you gave, yes, Hamilton should have gotten the penalty, but he was pushed out, where Max braked too late and wasn't pushed out. Not the same thing. And don't forget all the times Max wasn't penalised while changing direction under braking. So stop complaining at a Ferrari forum, because you won't get much support here. Go write Jos on twitter, you support him and his spoiled child.
    Really??? Hamilton was not pushed out, he over-ran the turn. My issue is that the stewards, particularly with Connely, is his and thier (all of the stewards) inconsistencies which seem to be biased towards the Mercs.

Love me some Mad Max but I realize when he is at fault, as is the case with COTA 2017 on RAI.

So if HAM braked late and VER braked late at the Mexican GP 2016 where both exceed track limits to gain an advantage over their rivals, how is this any different from Vettel at COTA 2017 on the first turn where he braked late to overtake HAM but exceeded track limits out of turn 1 to gain an advantage over HAM.

exceeding track limits is about the overtake but it has everything to do with gaining an advantage on your opponent EVEN if your in front.

For COTA it was said exceeding track limits will be tolerated by some degree to improve spectacle. Which it did, it was a nice fight between Ric and Bot. It was not said you can cut track, otherwise people would just go straight after second turn until the hairpin. You see the difference? I can not help you if you do not see the difference between exceeding the track limits while fighting and cutting the track to overtake, because you lost the regular fight.

For COTA it was said exceeding track limits will be tolerated by some degree to improve spectacle. Which it did, it was a nice fight between Ric and Bot. It was not said you can cut track, otherwise people would just go straight after second turn until the hairpin. You see the difference? I can not help you if you do not see the difference between exceeding the track limits while fighting and cutting the track to overtake, because you lost the regular fight.
    well then theirs the gray area then.....pick and choose I guess for the Stewards. IMO, exceeding track limits is what it is regardless of who the team is.