Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2017 Mexican GP - Practices and Qualifying

RB is crazy fast but so are we. New Renault has a tenth or two and that puts it closer to our engine, especially at this altitude so to be therebouts with them on chasis late in season is great news.

I've been reading a lot of comments on social media and all the Hamilton fanboys are crying that Vettel supposedly had his DRS open when he shouldn't have...God forbid anyone else should get pole other than Hamilton im sure the sky boys will harp on that tomorrow if there is the slightest chance of truth in it lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well of course on neutral forums are more positive about Ferrari, it's because most of them don't care.

Anyway, this was a very needed and important pole to boost the morale and improve the team's atmosphere. Hope for a clean start tomorrow! Nevertheless, it will be interesting with Mad Max behind. RB just proved again they are a real threat, so close behind.
    You just can not defend those who panic every friday about the pace, when in qualy we do well and the race without incidents gets us a win or double podiums like last time. The next friday they panic again... Now talking about a Kimi replacement when the race hasnt started yet, and in the last one everybody agrees he has done well? I got some bad news for them, both drivers are staying and if nothing out of the ordinary happens today I think a double podium might be on the cards, with a Seb win. No more reason to moan, until next friday that is...

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    You just can not defend those who panic every friday about the pace, when in qualy we do well and the race without incidents gets us a win or double podiums like last time. The next friday they panic again... Now talking about a Kimi replacement when the race hasnt started yet, and in the last one everybody agrees he has done well? I got some bad news for them, both drivers are staying and if nothing out of the ordinary happens today I think a double podium might be on the cards, with a Seb win. No more reason to moan, until next friday that is...
    Agree with you to the extend (part related to KR). Honestly the guy is not performing on the level he should in Ferrari. In team part of the championship, I mean CWC, one need both of its drivers to win it!

Kimi is the oldest man on the grid which means he's not as fast as he was, i don't think anyone can argue with that. But Ferrari have decided to keep him for next year so it is what it is.

Grande seb !!! Half a second quicker than ham..if it was'nt the bad luck..seb should be already won the Title

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Kimi is the oldest man on the grid which means he's not as fast as he was, i don't think anyone can argue with that. But Ferrari have decided to keep him for next year so it is what it is.
    Max, Ricciardo, Leclerc, move over let Seb pass! Not going to happen. So Kimi's the man. And I happen to think Kimi's the better drivr of the three. Like he himself has said " I know what I'm doing.,"

Great lap by Seb to take pole but i fear Max will be too strong on race day, he will be more fired up and aggressive imo. I just hope the Ferrari is alot faster on race pace and we beat him thur strategy
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Great lap by Seb to take pole but i fear Max will be too strong on race day, he will be more fired up and aggressive imo. I just hope the Ferrari is alot faster on race pace and we beat him thur strategy
    ...And LH DNF just for the sake of interesting championship

Hope we can avoid any of Mad Max's advances at the start, we have a good chance here and Seb deserves some pay-back after all the criticism he's faced lately, awesome pole lap and let's hope we can make the most of it.

Ferrari are long due a win, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Agree with you to the extend (part related to KR). Honestly the guy is not performing on the level he should in Ferrari. In team part of the championship, I mean CWC, one need both of its drivers to win it!
    Kimi isnt as quick as he once was, but its not like we have another "michael" in the back and we dont use him. Look around what names are thrown to replace him perez (thrashed at mclaren by button), leclerc(without a single season in f1), hulkenberg (if im not mistaken the guy with the biggest number of races without a podium). The only notable solution is Ricciardo.

Kimi isnt as quick as he once was, but its not like we have another "michael" in the back and we dont use him. Look around what names are thrown to replace him perez (thrashed at mclaren by button), leclerc(without a single season in f1), hulkenberg (if im not mistaken the guy with the biggest number of races without a podium). The only notable solution is Ricciardo.
    MV was not also another "Michael"... Before Red Bull took him from Torro Rosso he was... Nobody... Maybe Ferrari need to look at some other places....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    MV was not also another "Michael"... Before Red Bull took him from Torro Rosso he was... Nobody... Maybe Ferrari need to look at some other places....
    He still isnt. He is still to reckless, and dont see him beating ricciardo over a season, as long as they have the same car

He still isnt. He is still to reckless, and dont see him beating ricciardo over a season, as long as they have the same car
    I disagree with this. Max is faster than Ric. Even Ric knows it ....!! If there weren't any DNF's for max. He would have thrashed Ric by now.

And about earlier comment leclerc without single f1 exp.
    Leclerc done in season testing for us & showed better pace than earlier test drivers.

Leclerc profile is highly rated in the paddock. Where he won lot of champs to get to f1.

Ferrari car is strong not yet fastest but there is potential to challenge top3. But kimi isn't doing that. Not even in top4.
    Is the car underperforming ?? Or kimi underperforming??

Since how many years kimi is with us ? How he performed compared to his era. Ferrari is keeping him
    1) team harmony
    2) not the best options yet to replace him.
    3) vet being lead driver.

LOL what? he has beaten Ric on a driving level this year very easily.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL what? he has beaten Ric on a driving level this year very easily.
    Haha right, but somehow every year he finishes behind Ricciardo.

Dani Ric as there as i know has only signed 1 year extension at Red Bull, (could be wrong) as he knows that the future at RBR is Max. Where he has signed till 2020 i think, and they want to build the team around Max for the future. Hence, why he got the new engine. RBR is going be Max team, pretty much from now on. Dani Ric knows that. Dani Ric in my eyes is a more rounded driver than Max. Max reminds me of young Nando, very political very selfish. Thats how i see him.

Kimi, well lets face it, we can not challenge for WCC as long as we got him still. I cheer him on, but we need solid second driver to help collect points every race weekend. Now, we just not sure what Kimi will turn up at race. Sure , next year could be different, and Kimi is good team player and team mate to Seb. 2019, see it Seb and Leclerc.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

this just came off of AMus:

Force India would release Ocon for 2019, if Mercedes wants him #AMuS

On the RIC vs. VER issue: VER has received the new "updated" Renault engine these last two races while RIC has not. It brings to question, why would RedBull choose VER (who is not in the pts to beat RAI but RIC is......) with the upgraded engine and not RIC (who has a shot at beating RAI in pts); both of which are NOT in the fight for the WDC title. That tells me who RedBull favors.

2017 was a bad year for both drivers due to a number of factors: 1.) car aero NOT designed by Newey till mid season when it came together. 2.) reliability issues with the Renault power unit; both drivers had the same unit whether one was pushing it too hard(VER) than the other(RIC) is open for debate. Nonetheless, RIC is winning in pts (aware VER has had 6 DNF's) but IMO, VER seems to have a more aggressive style of racing than RIC.

2018 should be a good year for both drivers depending on RedBull on who they "favor" but my bets leaning toward VER over RIC. It will also tells us on a somewhat more even car-to-car comparo on who out races who....my bet is on VER as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Dani Ric as there as i know has only signed 1 year extension at Red Bull, (could be wrong) as he knows that the future at RBR is Max. Where he has signed till 2020 i think, and they want to build the team around Max for the future. Hence, why he got the new engine. RBR is going be Max team, pretty much from now on. Dani Ric knows that. Dani Ric in my eyes is a more rounded driver than Max. Max reminds me of young Nando, very political very selfish. Thats how i see him.

Kimi, well lets face it, we can not challenge for WCC as long as we got him still. I cheer him on, but we need solid second driver to help collect points every race weekend. Now, we just not sure what Kimi will turn up at race. Sure , next year could be different, and Kimi is good team player and team mate to Seb. 2019, see it Seb and Leclerc.
    +1

I think VER "gutsy" attitude with drivers and stewards/steward is father(Jos) induced. The apple does not fall far from the tree. However, with VER latest "tyraid" with Garry Connely (steward) and his choice of words was TOTALLY IMMATURE but IMO he could have "called him out" with a more mature approach; again Jos had a say in his sons "outburst."

Todays Driver of the Day:

While the front 3 will prove interesting, I predict RIC since he will be starting at the back of grid with the Mclaren duo. He will surgically knife his way through the backmarkers and mid-pack and end up P3 or P4....reliability contigent.

Ah so you just look at the points and that decides who is better? You really think Ric has driven better than Max this year, really?????
    Forza Ferrari

All of those podiums Ric won this season would've been Max's if not for reliability problems so... i don't get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1

I think VER "gutsy" attitude with drivers and stewards/steward is father(Jos) induced. The apple does not fall far from the tree. However, with VER latest "tyraid" with Garry Connely (steward) and his choice of words was TOTALLY IMMATURE but IMO he could have "called him out" with a more mature approach; again Jos had a say in his sons "outburst."
    I think Jos been dictating the terms at RB for the moment.
    Because his son got recklessness + talent combo. That's what RB want.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think Jos been dictating the terms at RB for the moment.
    Because his son got recklessness + talent combo. That's what RB want.
    I think the reason RB signed him for that long is because they clearly see him as a world champion, he has improved already in a year. I don’t think he has been reckless this year, I really hope to see him in Ferrari one day. Having said all that, Jos still remains a numpty