Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mexican GP - Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Ferrari should have got Hulkenburg or Perez
    Not Perez. Hulk would be good.

Ocon looks better prospective, hes doing excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Anyone has the best sectors?
    seb was best in ALL three sectors
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Alonso said mclaren had the best car

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Not Perez. Hulk would be good.

Ocon looks better prospective, hes doing excellent.
    I don't think merc will let ocon join ferrari or he would be my number 1 choice to replace kimi

Fernando & stoffel will start just at entrance of stadium section
    FIA confirmed

...One of my frnd posted it.

i think he meant in 2007

I'm now sure, DR will look for other options in 2019.

I don't think merc will let ocon join ferrari or he would be my number 1 choice to replace kimi
    I'm not expecting him to join Ferrari. But I'm just stating his talent. Giving hard time to his team mate & hes coming out as best of the rest top3 teams

Sky f1 not even reporting it's seb 50th pole.
    Gr8 faces

Verstappen "wrecked" my lap, says Bottas.

Vertappen:"That's his own problem." on impeding Bottas "I dont see an incident"

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sky f1 not even reporting it's seb 50th pole.
    Gr8 faces
    It's like a funeral for the boys over at sky. No mention of Sebs 50th pole, no mention of it whatsoever. It's all about what Hamilton needs to do and how verstappen nearly got it. Such sore losers...it took fom on Insta 30 minutes to post than Seb took pole, if that was Ham it would have been 4-5 posts about his greatness instantly! Whatever....grande Seb, forza ferrari! Let's end this season strong.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Verstappen "wrecked" my lap, says Bottas.

Vertappen:"That's his own problem." on impeding Bottas "I dont see an incident"
    Guy got hell of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It's like a funeral for the boys over at sky. No mention of Sebs 50th pole, no mention of it whatsoever. It's all about what Hamilton needs to do and how verstappen nearly got it. Such sore losers...it took fom on Insta 30 minutes to post than Seb took pole, if that was Ham it would have been 4-5 posts about his greatness instantly! Whatever....grande Seb, forza ferrari! Let's end this season strong.
    Yeah when ham took pole in Silverstone by a margin of .5-6ths to his team mate or other driver. They said ham is a god of quali, king of quali etc.
    Where is that king of quali in Monaco, Hungary, Singapore , Sochi etc.

Which means when ham has perfect fp1 fp2 fp3 & car to his liking then only he will nail it. Else he will be sitting duck.

To me this season vet was always up there in quali with one of mercs I mean top2. where sometimes car was not giving much needed pace.

It's vet who deserve to be champion this year. He screwed up few races n poor reliability is added to that. Vets bad luck gave ham championship. I would rate this way.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Anyone has the best sectors?

Here ya go.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNP92NtX4AA1JML.jpg (qualifying best sector times)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNP92OEW4AE-ZDS.jpg (speed trap)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNP92NpXcAE5mVH.jpg (max speeds per sector)

Will it last till the end od the race!?

These must be the bs fron all qualy.I mean if we have the bs from q3???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Pretty certain max is running the 2018 Renault PU.(remember we are already end of october)
    I bet he had to replace it until the season end.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Pretty certain max is running the 2018 Renault PU.(remember we are already end of october)
    I bet he had to replace it until the season end.
    Renault said they provided upgraded spec to RB. Also they were working on q mode. Which seems sorted out.
    I don't recollect whether it's 2018 spec or this year's final upgrade spec from renault.

Renault also confirmed that RB won't be getting upgraded spec any more. As they have their own team now fighting in top 10.

A ferrarista friend just told me that we've got pole.
    Great news! I'm so happy, and also at a party!!
    Let's enjoy this!
    Seb, let's kick some silver and RB tomorrow!
    Forza ragazzi! Forza Ferrari, per sempre!

Alonso is right maclaren had the best car in the mika hackinan era no where land now and he is in no where land himeself.

Love kimi but he needs to retire his time has come and gone we need a solid n2 driver who can push hard and can take a win this is how you take points off teams you have the ability to counter punch from both sides continually thats what merc have now lets find this solid n2 driver and watch what happens no one can relax then kimi just cruises east 15 million pay packet each year.

No further action on Max

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNQMUidWsAASXSR.jpg (FIA
    report)
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 28th October 2017 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Again with the Friday panicking? Did you not learn anything this season, haven't you watched any weekend?
    Like I said here on Friday night. Every day beaching about something. Friday"we are too slow", today we get pole, next race same people will be beaching about the friday, not learning anything. Now about one of the drivers and who we should be replacing him with, last race they praised him, next race it will be the other driver. I'm better off on neutral forums, they are mode positive about Ferrari anyway
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 28th October 2017 at 21:32.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

“WE DESERVED IT”

Seb takes Ferrari’s 5th pole this year, showing that the team never gives up

Mexico, October 28 – A perfectly executed last run by Sebastian secured him his fourth pole position this year, the fifth for Scuderia Ferrari in 2017. The fact that they are more or less equally spread along the season shows that the team has not lost its focus and it’s determined to fight to the very end. Unfortunately, Kimi, did not manage to put together a perfect lap of the 4.3 Km Mexican track and ended up fifth best.

“Obviously I am really happy”, Seb said. “I had a perfect lap in the end, even if the track here is difficult and very slippery. It is easy to make mistakes going over the limit here. But I thought to myself that if I could get T1 right, then I’d have a better chance. The last sector was also tricky because you know how easily you can go wide and lose a lot of time, but I managed to push and stay clean. So, I am really happy, especially because other cars were close and it’s nice to hold everybody off. Yesterday the car was not where we wanted to be, but today everything was ok, and I think tomorrow we’ll be quick enough. Let’s see what happens at the start and after that we should have a good race. I know it’s a long way to Turn 1, but overall I am confident because our starts are good. Last weekend it was tough for the whole team because it went through of a lot of work and a lot of changes. This weekend has been better, I think we deserved to get the result today and hope to have a great race tomorrow!”

“It was a pretty difficult qualifying” was Kimi’s comment “and the result is far from ideal. I struggled to put a decent lap together, I was lacking grip and made mistakes here and there. In some moments it felt good, in others not so, it was very easy to make a mistake. Every time I tried to push a bit more the front end seemed to lock up, especially in the last sector. In Q3 I only tried to get a lap time without any big issues, to be able to get somewhere, but I knew I was slow. Tomorrow is another day, I’m sure it will be better. It’s hard to predict what will happen, but as long as we get a good feeling and the tires are working well we should be ok. Hopefully we’ll make a good start and then see what happens in the straight and in the first corner. We’ll try to stay out of trouble and be in a strong position after that”.

Nice pics Rob....thanks.

Red Bull has decided to change Daniel's engine after all. He will at least receive a 20-place grid penalty.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Cool pics! <3

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Like I said here on Friday night. Every day beaching about something. Friday"we are too slow", today we get pole, next race same people will be beaching about the friday, not learning anything. Now about one of the drivers and who we should be replacing him with, last race they praised him, next race it will be the other driver. I'm better off on neutral forums, they are mode positive about Ferrari anyway
    Well of course on neutral forums are more positive about Ferrari, it's because most of them don't care.

Anyway, this was a very needed and important pole to boost the morale and improve the team's atmosphere. Hope for a clean start tomorrow! Nevertheless, it will be interesting with Mad Max behind. RB just proved again they are a real threat, so close behind.