Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mexican GP - Practices and Qualifying

Close at the front.....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It seams that Hungaroring was our finest moment this year. It was great that I was there to witness it!
    Monaco was best.

Next year RB will be competitive for pole positions n race wins straight away. As mercs n Ferrari will not have that q3 modes especially extra oil usage.

Hamster should have DNF and Seb wins, then we have sunshine again. Hamster has now 22 consecutive races points finishes, that must end sooner or later, why not tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Hamster should have DNF and Seb wins, then we have sunshine again. Hamster has now 22 consecutive races points finishes, that must end sooner or later, why not tomorrow.
    Certainly he has power issues in fp3 but mercs found it n resolved it. Such was their reaction n solution. Their dominance is blowing everything away.

Why it is always KR?! Why can not we rely on him? My God his time has passed....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Why it is always KR?! Why can not we rely on him? My God his time has passed....
    Did you see flavio comments former Renault TP.
    "You can't win championship or beat ham with kimi".
    https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...with-raikkonen

I agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

I agree with him.
    me too....the sooner we get RID of that pensioneer kimi, the better position Ferrari will be....

cannot wait for 2019 when hopefully we'll get Charles Leclerc......
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    me too....the sooner we get RID of that pensioneer kimi, the better position Ferrari will be....

cannot wait for 2019 when hopefully we'll get Charles Leclerc......
    I don't see Charles leclerc soon in Ferrari. Until vet is out.
    For me interesting thing is whom do Ferrari prefer in place of kimi. DR is available for 2019 pretty sure. As RB is focusing only on mad max.

DR seems to be interested in mercs or ferrari move. Carlos sainz 1yr contract with Renault. Bottas 1yr contract with mercs. 2019 driver line up should be interesting.
    Remember Renault will stop supplying it's engine to RB come 2019.

For me interesting thing is whom do Ferrari prefer in place of kimi. DR is available for 2019 pretty sure. As RB is focusing only on mad max.

DR seems to be interested in mercs or ferrari move. Carlos sainz 1yr contract with Renault. Bottas 1yr contract with mercs. 2019 driver line up should be interesting.
    Remember Renault will stop supplying it's engine come 2019.
    agreed. DR gets along great with anyone and brings results. LeClerc needs a bit more time behind the wheel.

DR seems to be interested in mercs or ferrari move.
    Remember Renault will stop supplying it's engine come 2019.
    i personally don't think Seb will allow ferrari to bring DR in.........i;ts prolly in his clause of the contract; i think he gets to pick or has a say who his teammate will be

the perfect scenario is to bring in Leclerc (after one year 2018 in that sauber for next year to get his feet wet) and then come 2019 paired up with Seb will be awesoeme as he'll be able to learn things off Seb
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    agreed. DR gets along great with anyone and brings results. LeClerc needs a bit more time behind the wheel.
    yeah, but seb don't.....remember 2014 at red bull??? not too good relationship between them....

yeah, but seb don't.....remember 2014 at red bull??? not too good relationship between them....
    But that was RB. Also Ric was faster compared to vet at RB, so RB did give special preference to Ric.
    Now they are giving to max.
    If vet has say on his team mate n oppose strong driver then Ferrari will never win WCC. They need to have two string drivers with good car. May not be strong car, but two excellent drivers can pull good car to strong & consistent finishes.

Yeah pretty much my feeling. Leclerc path should be sauber to Haas then to Ferrari.

If leclerc outscoring his team mate by .5ths or above on consistent basis with worse car then he will come into picture pretty soon.

His quali & race skills will be monitored closely.

Well, Max took him out a few races ago and within the next race, the two were back to the RedBull antics.....both having fun together. Ricci lets by-gones be just that....water under the bridge kinda thing.....time to move on.

i personally don't think Seb will allow ferrari to bring DR in.........i;ts prolly in his clause of the contract; i think he gets to pick or has a say who his teammate will be

the perfect scenario is to bring in Leclerc (after one year 2018 in that sauber for next year to get his feet wet) and then come 2019 paired up with Seb will be awesoeme as he'll be able to learn things off Seb
    To be Frank Ferrari doesn't give any learning curve or chance for young driver to prove their ability in current Ferrari car. It's not their style. Even mercs too.
    It's only RB & TR. Now FI too following same path.

For me other interesting thing is, if DR stays at RB, he will definitely be no.2. The same position even in mercs & Ferrari. How does he manage his move he should only know.

Mercs treat their drivers almost equal atleast some part of season, so good chance for him.
    I think the same goes for Ferrari, they will see who's ahead in points till summer break n give their treatment.

I agree with him.
    I've read it now. Man has a point!

Also guys with respect to Redbull. They are looking 2 to 3 years down the road. They just let go Kvyat and to be honest, the Russian was'nt proving his space to be there nor advance. IF DR and MV sign with either the Mercs or Ferrari in 2019, Redbull have no one to advance hence their reasoning to bring in Hartley and Gasly which for the moment Gasly is plagued with reliability issues and Hartley is not doing that bad for his second time in the car and in Mexico. He is right up their with the Williams.

Also guys with respect to Redbull. They are looking 2 to 3 years down the road. They just let go Kvyat and to be honest, the Russian was'nt proving his space to be there nor advance. IF DR and MV sign with either the Mercs or Ferrari in 2019, Redbull have no one to advance hence their reasoning to bring in Hartley and Gasly which for the moment Gasly is plagued with reliability issues and Hartley is not doing that bad for his second time in the car and in Mexico. He is right up their with the Williams.
    I still not get what wrong Buemi did, he was good & deserved better chances compared to someone like Kvyat

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I still not get what wrong Buemi did, he was good & deserved better chances compared to someone like Kvyat
    Same with Jean Eric vergne

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post

Sponsorship maybe? Guy has a bit of anger management issues now that he is in Formula E.

Can somebody tell me wts diff between tag heuer branded renault engine & Renault ......Is it just the brand tag or wt ???

so sauber and Toro Rosso has no drivers for next year yet and Williams has 1 seat that is not clear yet, other teams are clear

common Ferrari let's put ON a good show for quali.......let's snatch that POLE

Can somebody tell me wts diff between tag heuer branded renault engine & Renault ......Is it just the brand tag or wt ???
    Its like back in the day when TAG branded Porsche engines in motorsport. It's a sponsorship thing as in "pumping more money into Renault F1 engine." So from a mechanical perspective.....nothing really....from a financial perspective....everything.

Honda

Its like back in the day when TAG branded Porsche engines in motorsport. It's a sponsorship thing as in "pumping more money into Renault F1 engine." So from a mechanical perspective.....nothing really....from a financial perspective....everything.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Honda
    Alonso

Alonso .2ths of pole

Kimi being kimi