Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mexican GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He didnt make the podium because on lap 2 he was 19th. Hamilton was 20th and finished 9th. Sainz and Ocon are showing some promise but they are by no means at the level Seb is, they are not even on Kimi's level, not yet anyway...
    Ham knew that he was going to be crowned champ after his flat tire was replaced. He didn't have to risk much to achieve that which is precisely what he did.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/stat...66599223173121

This is why I don't want this guy (or Alonso) near Ferrari. Damn feel sorry for Nico as he was always straightforward and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

This is why I don't want this guy (or Alonso) near Ferrari. Damn feel sorry for Nico as he was always straightforward and fair.
    Really? I take it you didn’t watch much f1 for the last few years as Nico wasn’t always fair.

Hamilton simply lacks class. He is a turd. A fast turd, but a turn none the less and no matter how hard you may try, you can't polish a turd.

OOOuuuuuuuch. Really Lewis??? Ya had to go there? Just could'nt leave that one alone? So Nico is still on your mind eh?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Really? I take it you didn’t watch much f1 for the last few years as Nico wasn’t always fair.
    ...after he left Merc. He was a bigger man when they were racing as well.

Hamilton saying he enjoyed first lap battles post-race after accusing Vettel of deliberate him. Imagine the German saying like this, everyone would accuse him of being lacking respect. But since he's Hamilton then half the people seriously picked up their theories.

Hope it's his last championship. Can stand this guy ever less.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Hamilton saying he enjoyed first lap battles post-race after accusing Vettel of deliberate him. Imagine the German saying like this, everyone would accuse him of being lacking respect. But since he's Hamilton then half the people seriously picked up their theories.

Hope it's his last championship. Can stand this guy ever less.
    I totally agree. Can't stand MB winning and even less if it's at the hands of LH but I have to admit that this year they were the better team. Oh well, let's win the last 2 if Crashtappen allows it.

Ferrari must do better job for next year, 3 titles Hemlton wins because Mercedes dominated car simple as that. I’m not saying that is a bad driver but vettel is better and verstapen is future. Forza Ferrari 2018 ����

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Hamilton simply lacks class. He is a turd. A fast turd, but a turn none the less and no matter how hard you may try, you can't polish a turd.
    x2. I'm not a sore loser, but I refuse to congratulate Hamilton. He is a true and that tweet proves it. He has been gifted these titles. He only has one title in my books. The rest have been handed to him...no one to fight for years but himself. All his pole records don't mean anything either.

On to next year, hopefully we can give merc a real challenge. As always, forza ferrari.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Congratulations to Lewis & Mercedes. As a team, we weren't good enough. Max is the man, that move on turn 1 at the start set him him up for the cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    x2. I'm not a sore loser, but I refuse to congratulate Hamilton. He is a true and that tweet proves it. He has been gifted these titles. He only has one title in my books. The rest have been handed to him...no one to fight for years but himself. All his pole records don't mean anything either.

On to next year, hopefully we can give merc a real challenge. As always, forza ferrari.
    100% fact! well said man
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I don't think Lewis has achieved anything special this year. He had the best car. The Merc was sometimes beaten by a quicker Ferrari or RBR but it has been by far the most reliable, which makes the task a lot easier.

Vettel: Hamilton was 'the better man' in 2017 F1 title fight

Sebastian Vettel admits Lewis Hamilton was "the better man" in their battle for the Formula 1 world championship, as Hamilton sealed his fourth F1 title in the Mexican Grand Prix.
    Hamilton equalled Vettel's tally of four F1 championships despite a collision between them on the opening lap of the Mexico City F1 race that delayed both severely.
    Vettel needed to finish second in Mexico to keep the championship race alive, but broke his front wing battling race winner Max Verstappen and Hamilton in the opening corners after the start and could only recover to fourth.
    Hamilton finished ninth to clinch the championship with two races left to run.
    Speaking to TV crews after the race, Vettel said: "I'm down, obviously. It's tough to cross the line and realise that you're not in the fight anymore. That sums it up.
    "The rest isn't that important, whatever happened today, the most important thing is it's Lewis's day - he was crowned world champion and he deserves that.
    "I would have loved to go up on him, but it's his day, it's his year.
    "For us, obviously we're left with whatever is left. Right now, it's disappointing.
    "Next year will be a different story, as we all start again, but right now, in these moments, you need to give credit to the best man and that is him this year.
    "Overall he was the better man and did the better job, simple as that."
    When asked by Sky Sports to rate Hamilton as a competitor, Vettel replied: "I don't fear him. I like racing with him.
    "I would have liked a little bit more of that this year. But overall, they were just the better bunch."

Such a class from SV

Another seasons is done with. On the whole the 2017 season has been better than the last 3. At least its not just a inter-merc battle for the crowns.
    2017 has also shown that the real deal is Max V. If the RBR is going to keep getting better (as the signs are) then Max V is going to be a serious contender next year.
    IMO, LH is most definitely gunning for Schumis records (though he will vehemently deny it). Will the merc sustain its superiority? i doubt it. We have already caught them, and we were faster in the majority of races this year. If we can get the reliability in place, next year could be fantastic to watch. LH, MV and SV all going head to head.
    Silently, like a shadow

I hope we win in Brazil. It would be nice to get at least one victory in the Americas.

Hamilton's 4th WDC wouldn't have been as likely if he'd been in any other car, but credit to him and Merc all the same, although it hurts to say it.. Seb gave his all to no avail, the car was pretty damn quick in the race, Max is a sure-fire champion of the future but he's dangerous in all senses, and Kimi at least got a podium. As for the Massa-bashing, give it a rest, he almost did a Max!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Hamilton's 4th WDC wouldn't have been as likely if he'd been in any other car, but credit to him and Merc all the same, although it hurts to say it.. Seb gave his all to no avail, the car was pretty damn quick in the race, Max is a sure-fire champion of the future but he's dangerous in all senses, and Kimi at least got a podium. As for the Massa-bashing, give it a rest, he almost did a Max!!
    I think this is true for 3 of his titles. Until this year, the only competition for him was his partner.
    Max will mature and realize that his kamikaze passes are not going to work all the time when and if the guy he's passing decides not to yield. I think a few more collisions and some more DNF's due to bullish moves and he'll calm down.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Actually you can polish a turd, the Mythbusters proved that:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

But I agree, Lewis does lack class and that is the main reason I do not want him ANYWHERE near a Ferrari seat. He'd taint us.

It also shows Nico was the better man and rapperkid is still very bitter over it. He's so immature

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think this is true for 3 of his titles. Until this year, the only competition for him was his partner.
    Max will mature and realize that his kamikaze passes are not going to work all the time when and if the guy he's passing decides not to yield. I think a few more collisions and some more DNF's due to bullish moves and he'll calm down.
    That, or he will seriously injure himself or someone else. Like Shakespeare said; "these violent delights have violent ends"

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Actually you can polish a turd, the Mythbusters proved that:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
    LULZ!

So actually SM is against Liberty making F1 more open. Guess SM is more like Bernie in that regard. Interesting.

better to loose this way than a last lap heartbreak AKA. Massa or the Alonso last race debacle.

we can complain about having a fast car or being classless. but at the end of the day they are there to win. Is he the greatest driver out there currently. Probably not. I still feel sorry that what happened with Alonso as I think he was the best.

They are not being paid to be kosher. We have supported way worse in the form of driver extra curricular activites.
    we're number one

The same thing was said about Alonso and Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    The same thing was said about Alonso and Vettel.
    At least they don't decorate themselves like Dennis Rodman.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Vettel had the machinery to win this year but he underperformed in some races. Add the 2 non scores then the task became very difficult. But Ferrari had the car to win this year. The better driver + car combination won in the end. I suspect drivers like Alonso, Hamilton, Verstappen and Ricciardo would still be in the title fight if they were in the Ferrari. Vettel has disappointed, but also the team.

I don't think you were paying attention to Nico. He instigated the whole fallout not Hamilton. In Bahrain 2014 Nico used forbidden engine modes to try and overtake Hamilton. A couple of races later in Monaco he 'parked' his car to disrupt qualifying when he was on provisional pole. A few races later in Spa he ''proved a point'' by slashing Lewis's tyre when he intentionally chose not to avoid an accident. I don't think any one of us can tolerate such a devious person in the workplace. I totally understand if Lewis doesn't wan to forgive such blatant disregard for fair competition.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post

But I agree, Lewis does lack class and that is the main reason I do not want him ANYWHERE near a Ferrari seat. He'd taint us.

It also shows Nico was the better man and rapperkid is still very bitter over it. He's so immature
    What is immature is posts like this. Rapperkid indeed! Because he is black he is automatically a rapper?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So actually SM is against Liberty making F1 more open. Guess SM is more like Bernie in that regard. Interesting.
    I think it's not about liberty making more space for marketing of F1.
    It's about the rules & revenue distribution.
    1.rules includes keeping current engine architecture which mercs too would be liking. RB, Honda, Renault opposing it.
    2. Revenue distribution , lot of talk going on that they would cut short bonus fee of high teams (Ferrari, mercs, RB) for cost cutting. this would not hurt mercs n RB, as they don't carry any history. But this would hurt Ferrari, this is where their marketing does go beyond + their revenue is getting done. So Ferrari SM feels they are loosing ground interms of revenue & rules dictation.

Liberty & FIA both are getting involved for 2021 reg changes. To make it more entertaining, involving other customer engines. Actually it should be FIA who need to direct the orders for 2021.

SM raised the importance of Ferrari in F1. As simple as that.