View Poll Results: Did Vettel cost himself the WDC and the team WCC ???

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

12 26.67%
  • NO

32 71.11%
  • DO NOT KNOW

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Vettel cost himself the WDC and the team WCC ???

Did Vettel cost himself the WDC and the team WCC ???

I think so..
    lets hear from you all

WDC debateable, WCC? are you forgetting Kimi?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    WDC debateable, WCC? are you forgetting Kimi?
    agreed on the WDC....AND BINGO!!!!! on the WCC.

WDC title - Partly Vettel partly the engine.....lets just call it 50/50. 50% he had control of the other 50% was the reliability of the engine.

WCC no.

WDC, his driving has not been up to standard and paid the price for it.
    The engine changes might even have been due to Singapore & Malaysia incidents.

Vettel's crash in Singapore and the spark plug issue in Japan cost him the WDC. He could have gotten away with the Malaysia last place start. The WCC is a team effort, and Kimi also underperformed in a number of races, so it's not all Seb's fault.

Win together, lose together. No need to pin this on any person.

Poll needs more options

yes and no does not cut it for Poll options.

are you guys forgetting canada?? madmax clipped vettels front wing... vettel had to comeback from the back... max not good news for anybody who has qualified ahead of him...he will just dive bomb anyway...

Reliability issues would've lost us the WDC anyway. As for WCC, Kimi's performance would've lost it anyway, if not for reliability issues.

Nopez.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Vettel's crash in Singapore and the spark plug issue in Japan cost him the WDC. He could have gotten away with the Malaysia last place start. The WCC is a team effort, and Kimi also underperformed in a number of races, so it's not all Seb's fault.
    You mean the WCC is a two driver effort. Both the WDC and WCC are a team effort.

No, and here is why.

1) When Merc was fastest or dominant, neither Ferrari or RB where close. Therefore, Hamilton was fighting only his teammate who has been pretty disappointing this year.

2) When Ferrari was fastest (Singapore, Monaco, Malaysia) RB was right there with us.

3) This meant Max was right along side of Vettel, and when Vettel needed 25pts Max would be on the edge because his first half of season was plagued by dropped pts because of penalties and DNFs. That meant Seb was fighting with most aggressive-nothing to lose driver

4) Merc has been fastest and most dominating more times then Ferrari has been. Monza, Baku, Silverstone and Japan where all bigger gaps then anything Ferrari was able to put on Merc.

5) When Hamilton had to fight of Max, he let him go because "he was looking at the bigger picture", but he didn't need a win like Vettel and coincidentally Vettel started last with turbo failure so he could have cared less.

6) In the end, when Hamilton was slow (more times then Seb), Bottas either helped him big time winning the race (Baku and Austria), or blocked him like in Spain. Kimi never did that.

7) Our bad reliabilty spell came right when we had car on equal footing. Ham never had reliability issue.

So basically, Ham had faster car (at least faster in 70% of Qs) and a teammate who took pts from Seb. He also never raced RB, because when Merc was faster no one was close to them. When Ferrari was faster, RB where right there in play with Max.

For me this is clear case of people pilling on Seb too much. He didn't help himself in Baku, and Singapore should have been more careful, but to me up until Monza he was best driver of season. Hamilton had better Q car, better reliability and engine power, teammate who took pts from his rival when he was nowhere and no car to run against in T1 when they had best weekends.

I might be quite forgiving on Seb as he looked so downbeat on his post race interview, to the point where I wanted to hug him. But I think without some of his slight errors of judgment, Hamiltons form after the mid season break has been on a different level. I think the Qualifying pace is what has done for Seb this season. Just couldn't get near Lewis when it was most important, and with race pace being so similar it hurt our chances.

All in all Vettel did a good job, Ferrari as a team was outperformed by Mercedes and Ferrari doesn't have the 2 best drivers on the grid anyway.

Of course not.
    He made a mistake in Singapore but everyone makes mistakes.
    Ferrari made more.......a more reliable car would have helped.

Forza Jules

Although his mistake in Singapore did cost us/him a lot, it was his merit he was in the hunt in the first place with a slightly inferior car. WDC went out the window in singapore and the sparkplug after that, but like I said, Seb "shouldnt" have been in it to begin with. WCC was lost due to a number of reason 1) slightly inferior car 2) kimi's start to the season 3) seb's singapore 4) reliability after singapore 5) mad max

Reliability the key..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by stringer987 View Post
    I might be quite forgiving on Seb as he looked so downbeat on his post race interview, to the point where I wanted to hug him. But I think without some of his slight errors of judgment, Hamiltons form after the mid season break has been on a different level. I think the Qualifying pace is what has done for Seb this season. Just couldn't get near Lewis when it was most important, and with race pace being so similar it hurt our chances.
    Sebs quali pace is really good. Ferrari are just not that good a quali car.

WDC. 50/50 id say. He made errors but he also had pretty bad reliability and luck.
    WCC we never had a chance

No, Ferrari must do better job for next year simple as thet. They must made beast of the car because they have very good base of this year. Forza Ferrari ����

seb made a big mistake in Singapore in my opinion, BUT, you cant blame him for the car failures, nor the team or 1 particular person, those were just unlucky incidents that happen in sport. As always we win together and lose together as a team
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

The fact Ferrari and Vettel put he fight to Mercedes and Hamilton is highly commendable. 2014-16 the Mercedes were extremely dominant, I mean on occasion 2 seconds a lap faster dominant. It really sucks how the end of the season went, but a lot of praises given by me.

WDC, Yes there were races where vet could have won if he would have kept his emotion under control.
    1. Baku ( contact with ham) got away without penalty which would have been a race ban.
    2. Singapore GP ( he was little aggressive in his defence)
    3. Mexican GP (start vulnerable, picked his braking point on wrong side n different racing line n made contact with ham)

Above 3 races were his mistakes of the season.

Ham didn't have any mistakes in the race, so he won the championship.

Coming to other part WCC, answer should be straight FWD yes. It's because of kimi.

1. With strong car under his belt, kimi is very inconsistent
    2. Kimi quali particularly q3 performance is not good when it mattered most.
    3. When vet had off day, kimi neither taken any victory nor performed good. As a team mate you should be able to capitalize the situation.
    4. Coming to overtaking moves on other cars. Hes not pushing to extreme limit n making any aggressive passes.
    He would wait behind the other car for long time n then try to make a move, by then he would loose lot of time in front.

car wasnt good enough to beat mercs
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    No, and here is why.

1) When Merc was fastest or dominant, neither Ferrari or RB where close. Therefore, Hamilton was fighting only his teammate who has been pretty disappointing this year.

2) When Ferrari was fastest (Singapore, Monaco, Malaysia) RB was right there with us.

3) This meant Max was right along side of Vettel, and when Vettel needed 25pts Max would be on the edge because his first half of season was plagued by dropped pts because of penalties and DNFs. That meant Seb was fighting with most aggressive-nothing to lose driver

4) Merc has been fastest and most dominating more times then Ferrari has been. Monza, Baku, Silverstone and Japan where all bigger gaps then anything Ferrari was able to put on Merc.

5) When Hamilton had to fight of Max, he let him go because "he was looking at the bigger picture", but he didn't need a win like Vettel and coincidentally Vettel started last with turbo failure so he could have cared less.

6) In the end, when Hamilton was slow (more times then Seb), Bottas either helped him big time winning the race (Baku and Austria), or blocked him like in Spain. Kimi never did that.

7) Our bad reliabilty spell came right when we had car on equal footing. Ham never had reliability issue.

So basically, Ham had faster car (at least faster in 70% of Qs) and a teammate who took pts from Seb. He also never raced RB, because when Merc was faster no one was close to them. When Ferrari was faster, RB where right there in play with Max.

For me this is clear case of people pilling on Seb too much. He didn't help himself in Baku, and Singapore should have been more careful, but to me up until Monza he was best driver of season. Hamilton had better Q car, better reliability and engine power, teammate who took pts from his rival when he was nowhere and no car to run against in T1 when they had best weekends.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

What kind of pole is this ?
    In short :
    WDC, no.
    WCC, no.
    In both cases the reason is the same, you cannot differentiate the team from the drivers.
    Both Kimi and Vetel did their best and so did the engineers and so did the designers.
    So , either we accept that we win and lose together, or we start to point fingers (like some of us really enjoy doing).
    I prefer the first._
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I posted this in the race thread yesterday:
    Seb has only converted 1 pole into victory. He's had 4 poles so that's a 25% conversion rate. I know each race has its own circumstances but objectively speaking, that's a pretty poor stat.

Most likely the WDC, but u cant blame him for the WCC. He did his part and a bit more. Kimi has really been sleeping half the races.
    Honestly, KR might be a likeable guy and SV wants him there, but if we are to contend for the WCC, then Kimi has to be replaced with someone with a bit more fight in him.
    Silently, like a shadow

Singapore was not Vettel’s mistake. Although he was very lucky with 12 points from Baku, should’ve been black flagged in my opinion

FerrariSteve Guest
    I voted no, sure our car has been on par with the Merc at some tracks and possibly even better at 1-2 but for the majority, the Merc was the better one, our straight line speed cannot cope with the Merc, even with DRS we struggle to be fast enough to pass it.

Sure, Vettel could have driven a little better in places and perhaps kept the title going to Brazil, but did he lose the title? No.. it was never his to lose.