Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 engine changes for F1

Mercedes can try whatever they want, I guess they'll be third fastest for this weekend anyway. Seb has to win Brazil, it will be us v Red Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Mercedes can try whatever they want, I guess they'll be third fastest for this weekend anyway. Seb has to win Brazil, it will be us v Red Bull
    It will be vet vs max rather than us vs RB

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    We should be focusing on winning next 2 races. That gives good momentum into next season & positive vibes in the Marcello team. That's more imp than sitting back n taking 2nd or 3rd position on podium
    Great post!! It's still F1 season 2017. How great would 2 wins be for Ferrari and either driver!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great post!! It's still F1 season 2017. How great would 2 wins be for Ferrari and either driver!!
    How did mad max victory at Mexico made them great competitor for next season ??
    RB won 2 races out of last 4 races. Where we haven't won since July with strong car. Ferrari team & drivers will be pretty disappointed they couldn't show true potential after summer break. That's for sure.

We all know that Max takes risks and he probably wouldn't have won in Mexico if Seb and HAM hadn't had their lap 1 problems, but however you look at it, RB and Max will for sure be a big problem for other front-runners in 2018. As for the 20121 engine formula, it's all very well saying that technology is important to engine and car manufacturers enabling it to filter down to their road cars, this technology is the way things are going, but it will surely diminish the attraction of F1 to the loyal fans who have always followed it, as it will become more like Formula E, and without the noise and excitement of a proper racing internal combustion engine, I fear that F1 will be in danger of losing its fans completely and the series as we know it will be confined to history. Keep it simple and less expensive for smaller teams to have a chance is surely the only way to go, but the engine manufacturers probably wouldn't agree.

Bloody autosport published an article saying "how Ferrari always abused its power" ....such an idiotic site to follow.

Is removing the MGU-H actually a wrong move considering it eliminates turbo lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Is removing the MGU-H actually a wrong move considering it eliminates turbo lag?
    It's probably the most complicated part of this Hybrid PU. They were running the MGU-K (KERS) unit in 2012 with the V-8's...so it's pretty reliable. I would not mind adding another turbo and increasing the rpm and by increasing fuel flow rates.

Also take the ban off of unlimited testing. IF Honda had unlimited testing, I imagine they would be alot closer than where they are at now.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's probably the most complicated part of this Hybrid PU. They were running the MGU-K (KERS) unit in 2012 with the V-8's...so it's pretty reliable. I would not mind adding another turbo and increasing the rpm and by increasing fuel flow rates.

Also take the ban off of unlimited testing. IF Honda had unlimited testing, I imagine they would be alot closer than where they are at now.
    So MGU-K eliminates turbo lag as well? Guess they'll bring MGU-K on a totally different level if the MGU-H is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So MGU-K eliminates turbo lag as well? Guess they'll bring MGU-K on a totally different level if the MGU-H is removed.
    yep, it fills in for the torque fill at the bottom end plus they are increasing the KW = HP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep, it fills in for the torque fill at the bottom end plus they are increasing the KW = HP as well.
    Sounds good.