View Poll Results: Would Alonso have smashed Lewis in the 2017 ferrari?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • Yes

7 30.43%
  • n/a

1 4.35%
  • dont care

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Alonso have won the title in this years car?

Could Alonso have won the title in this years car?

I think Alonso would have smashed lewis in this ferrari

probably yes. like 75-25 ratio.

In race definitely Alonso would give ham hard time. that's why I gave 75%.

But vet has edge in quali. where Alonso lacks a little bit. Of course this year he's turning it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    probably yes. like 75-25 ratio.

In race definitely Alonso would give ham hard time. that's why I gave 75%.

But vet has edge in quali. where Alonso lacks a little bit. Of course this year he's turning it up.
    Lewis has the edge in quali. 72 so far ! Oh ! It's the car. So Alonso in "The car" would be the main quali. man for sure.

it depends which Alonso would have turned up. If it was the 2010 version where he made a few mistakes, then probably not. But the 2012 Alonso would have had a good shot.

Where's the NO option????

Without MECH. failures and DNF's......yes. Why? The way he drives that MCL32 in the back and mid-field pack with lack of power. Imagine him in the SF70H?

Doubt it, maybe it would've been closer but because of the mechanical issues Lewis would've won anyway. We need to remember, the only real mistake Seb did was maybe Singapore, and that was a racing incident at the end of the day. Baku was pure road rage. What could've Alonso do more than just not being the cause of the accident in Singapore?
    Last edited by Stormy; 22nd November 2017 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Doubt it, maybe it would've been closer but because of the mechanical issues Lewis would've won anyway. We need to remember, the only real mistake Seb did was maybe Singapore, and that was a racing incident at the end of the day. Baku was pure road rage. What could've Alonso do more than just not being the cause of the accident in Singapore?
    You could say racing incident but ultimately he lost the wdc because of Baku and Singapore where he could have won both of those races

And then there were the reliability issues on Malaysia and Japan which also did not help him much

So shouhave wouldhave couldhave......we can debate this for weeks......what is done is done
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    You could say racing incident but ultimately he lost the wdc because of Baku and Singapore where he could have won both of those races

And then there were the reliability issues on Malaysia and Japan which also did not help him much

So shouhave wouldhave couldhave......we can debate this for weeks......what is done is done
    Well, if it was Alonso, then potentially the fight could've gone to Abu Dhabi but with Lewis heaving a healthy advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Well, if it was Alonso, then potentially the title fight could've gone to Abu Dhabi but with Lewis heaving a healthy advantage.

No.

this year was all about qualifying. Alonso might have done better or he might have done worse. I don't understand why so many think Vettel is not as good as Alonso? I think he's proven himself. Especially regarding team and moral building.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    this year was all about qualifying. Alonso might have done better or he might have done worse. I don't understand why so many think Vettel is not as good as Alonso? I think he's proven himself. Especially regarding team and moral building.
    +1 I totally agree.
    Vettel is just as good as Alonso if not the better of the two and much stronger in team & moral building.

Forza Jules

FerrariSteve Guest
    We'll never know but I had to vote Yes.

Smashed? No. I think it would have gone to Abu Dhabi, and I think Alonso might have won it there. I think Alonso would have won Baku and Singapore. Both him and Massa were much better starters than Vettel and Raikkonen. Like I said earlier this year, the guys need to come over to the US and practice some drag racing.

Disappointed Since 2010

I voted yes. Alonso is a very clever driver. He doesnt make many mistakes, if at all, and he would not have given in to road rage as it happened in Baku.
    So yes, he would likely have won it.
    Silently, like a shadow

Yes.

I voted No
    Oh , wait !

On a serious note, I am not sure. It depends on what version of Alonso would turn up, if he could be able to handle mishaps or he would behave like a lil bitch, if this was about Schumacher being able to win this, a pre retirement Michael, most definitely.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I voted No
    Oh , wait !

On a serious note, I am not sure. It depends on what version of Alonso would turn up, if he could be able to handle mishaps or he would behave like a lil bitch, if this was about Schumacher being able to win this, a pre retirement Michael, most definitely.
    Yeah, if Michael could've won 1999 if it wasn't for his injury, then a prime Michael would've definitely won this year.

Not smashed Lewis, but I’m sure Alonso would’ve won this title in Ferrari.

Could Alonso have won the title in this years car?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I voted No
    Oh , wait !

Yeah, depends what version of Michael turned up, either by punting out Lewis in the final race or maybe a wise challenger. Kidding....

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yeah, depends what version of Michael turned up, either by punting out Lewis in the final race or maybe a wise challenger. Kidding....
    A prime Michael is a prime Michael He was a consistent monster. Alonso had his ups and downs in performance.

Why would we assume Alonso would have won? He always finished 2nd or 3rd in the Ferrari when he was here? What might have been different this year? To me Vettel's time at Ferrari is very reminiscent of Alonso's time here. Except the team seems more cohesive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A prime Michael is a prime Michael He was a consistent monster. Alonso had his ups and downs in performance.
    Alonso needed the same performance "Monster car!" A good example is Lewis the 2017 monster! 72 poles!! Hard to believe.

How do you vote NO on this poll????
    Both choices say YES
    I am confused.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not smashed Lewis, but I’m sure Alonso would’ve won this title in Ferrari.
    Sure? He lost out to Vettel twice in similar conditions

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Sure? He lost out to Vettel twice in similar conditions
    Both times Alonso was voted driver of the year, says a lot about car performance gap between Ferrari & RB. But yeah 2014 keeps hurting some

You people are nuts... "could michael have won in this car 10 years ago"?
    Could kimi have won in this car in his prime years..?
    Could alonso have won it?well he couldnt beat lewis when lewis was just a rookie in mclaren.. talk about doing it
    In a car not as fast as a merc. You guys need to get ur heads out of ur gear boxes..if you get what im saying..

Alonso had to overtake just one car...just one in 2010..and he couldnt do it when it matterd... massa could have won in 2008..but he didnt ..lewis became champion out of pure dumb luck... it has a lot to do with luck and good fortune...that some make it and some dont

what I really want to know, is could Senna have won in the 1990 Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    How do you vote NO on this poll????
    Both choices say YES
    I am confused.
    Someone changed it. The answer with less votes is YES.