Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2017 ABU DHABI Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    enjoy....this race has more action and sound than an F1 race. Drivers to point out: LeClerc (obvious) and Rowland.

FIA Formula 2 Championship 2017 - Abu Dhabi - FULL RACE [RACE 2] (50min.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REGU0jCuJ1Y
    I recorded that one on my DVR. Far more enjoyable than the F1 race. Goes to show that the track isn't boring, the Formual 1 Grand Prix is...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Goes to show that the track isn't boring, the Formual 1 Grand Prix is...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    enjoy....this race has more action and sound than an F1 race. Drivers to point out: LeClerc (obvious) and Rowland.

FIA Formula 2 Championship 2017 - Abu Dhabi - FULL RACE [RACE 2] (50min.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REGU0jCuJ1Y
    why did Leclerc only qulify 5th or so in this race??? i know he's an amazing racer and even won from the back a few times due to awesome strategy and his OWN awesome driving.....but how come he's not qualifying on pole?? is he NOT so good qualifier??? or other cars are faster??? but i thought F2 series are pretty much "spec cars".....maybe i'm wrong
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I recorded that one on my DVR. Far more enjoyable than the F1 race. Goes to show that the track isn't boring, the Formual 1 Grand Prix is...
    totally agree wiht you.......all that AErO in F1 is what is destroying a good race.......really hard to follow other cars and EVEN harder to pass.....i LOVED the cars in the 80's when they were much simpler and the passes were much easier and enjoyable unlike today's %$$$^&& DRS passes.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why did Leclerc only qulify 5th or so in this race???
    I believe he had a crash early on (Race 1) and took grid spot penalties but don't quote me on that.

Top 8 from race 1 gets reversed for race 2 i do believe.
    Like you i once was
    Like me you will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hudson77 View Post
    Top 8 from race 1 gets reversed for race 2 i do believe.
    really????? that's something i never knew......so they dont' have a proper Quali in F2???

really????? that's something i never knew......so they dont' have a proper Quali in F2???
    I think they have proper qualy before race 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think they have proper qualy before race 1.
    Hugh???? So in F2 they only have one quali session before race one of the season and then for the following races they do a reverse grid position as they finished the race before????

That seems oddly unfair to me unless I'm missing something

I thought F2 had the same format as F1, as in qualifying on Saturday and then race on Sunday

Someone please enlighten me......

Hugh???? So in F2 they only have one quali session before race one of the season and then for the following races they do a reverse grid position as they finished the race before????
    No, you misunderstood, there's two races every racing weekend. So i think that they have one proper qualy before race 1 every racing weekend.