Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Formula E Thread

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Yes he can Brembo but if it's early on in the race his battery will run out before the end so he's compromised.
    On the other hand if it should happen round about the middle of the race then no problem!!!!
    R Bradley; thank you for the answer to my question. The battery! Wow. I forgot about the costs of promoting FE along with everything else. Glad you mentioned it. Imagine Felipe, Luca, Nico all racing together !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine Felipe, Luca, Nico all racing together !!
    I think Nico Rosberg is more interested in being a team manager at Merc when it joins FE and I think Coulthard was only for the spectacle. As for Felipe maybe we will see him racing there.

Forza Jules

I think Nico Rosberg is more interested in being a team manager at Merc when it joins FE and I think Coulthard was only for the spectacle. As for Felipe maybe we will see him racing there.
    At 32 yrs. old; I still think of Nico as a driver. Merc must really think highly of him and his experience! Who's to say their wrong?

Giovinazzi confirmed for maiden Formula E test in Marrakesh via @crash_net

FIA reveals cost details for new Formula E car for 2018/19 season

It has been determined that the total cost of a "ready-to-race" FE car will not exceed €817,300, with powertrains capped at €250,000.

The new-for-2018/19 halo device will cost €12,700, while the spec battery and Spark-built chassis are priced at €200,000 and €299,600 respectively.

The cost of a powertrain for the current 2017/18 campaign had been set at €150,000 per unit and €600,000 in total (plus spares), compared to €500,000 now.

A total car for 2017/18 was marked up as €480,000, and though this makes the new one €337,300 more expensive on its own teams will save more than €150,000 overall by buying two instead of four.

Teams have until January 15 to "contract with the manufacturer", with the total per car topped up by a €55,000 administration fee.

The peak power output of the new FE cars is expected to rise from 200kW to 250kW, with battery capacity up from 28kWh to 54kWh, and during testing the prototype is understood to have already outpaced the existing model.

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/13...e-car-revealed

Formula E is evolving into a very serious competitor.
    Thank you for the info Jgonzalesm6

Forza Jules

Formula E drops its minimum pitstop time with immediate effect, leaving some drivers concerned @ Autosport

Seb frowns upon Formula E's future -->http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...a-e-not-future

I think Seb made that remark with tongue in cheek.
    This is the last year that drivers will have to swap cars midway in the race. I think they have scrapped the idea of minimum time in the pits until teams have explored it more!!!
    As I have said FE is evolving and soon the batteries will be capable of going long distances.

Forza Jules

Now catching up with the race from earlier.

Im, in shock how bad this track and place is nothing around the track, no grandstands or even any number amount of fans i can make out. Look like building sites around the track.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

You'll have been a bit disappointed that Sam Bird only finished up in 3rd, Rob, after a great first stint. But still a decent showing and good for the championship standings. I was backing Filippi and Mortara, so not a good day for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I was backing Filippi and Mortara, so not a good day for me!!
    Sorry about your two boys Wisepie but their luck could change in Santiago on Feb 3rd!!! Formula E is a lot less predictable than Formula 1 and I think a lot more entertaining but I will always watch F1!!!
    I was rooting for JEV, Beumi & De Grassi...............I think I still feel for those who left F1 too early in the careers just because their chance wasn't there or their face didn't fit

Forza Jules

I'm with you on Beumi, de Grassi ! Soon one car per race! Things are changing real fast. I can only hope it's a good move and not too soon. I'd hate to see one of my favorite drivers battery cause him to say lose 1st place.

Great photos! ThankYou! Plenty of $$ advertising all over those cars. Threaded tires !

Shame they can't replicate the noise of a V12, a V10 or even a V8, the images for the Gen2 cars makes them look like a cross between open racers and LMP entries, especially with the integrated halo.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Damn Halo, previous designs are much better... l]
    Agree the halo interrupts the flow of the design but if it avoids accidents such as that of Harry Surtees, Jules and Justin Wilson it will be worth it.

Forza Jules

"The cars will be faster and will have almost double the amount of energy storage capacity and double the range, demonstrating the continuous evolution of battery technology" - Alejandro Agag
    from Autosport

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Santiago FE race this weekend which proved to be quite an exciting race, especially towards the end. The whining noise is a pain but there is real competition and close racing, all credit to JEV and Lotterer for getting FE's first one-two team finish in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Santiago FE race this weekend which proved to be quite an exciting race, especially towards the end. The whining noise is a pain but there is real competition and close racing, all credit to JEV and Lotterer for getting FE's first one-two team finish in the sport.
    Wisepie you were not the only one who enjoyed watching Formula E on Saturday. What a thrilling, fast moving race. I was very happy for JEV and I see him as one of ours. After all he was our development driver in 2015 and 2016 and he has worn red.
    I would love to see Ferrari/Fiat group join Formula E. I know Marchionne wants to wait until it has matured.......well there are big changes coming for 2019.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 5th February 2018 at 17:10.

Forza Jules

FE CEO is having a change of pace.....pressure maybe...finally!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVnKXl4VMAAw-JB.jpg

Mexico City next Saturday

Forza Jules

Mexico City next Saturday
    Will record it. Hope be good race for The Bird
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

fyi....could we see a female racer in Formula E. Her name is Carmen Jorda.

#ABBFormulaE WAIT, WHAT ?? @CarmenJorda doing a @FIAFormulaE test for @MahindraRacing at the #MexicoEPrix ? https://lat.motorsport.com/formula-e...exico-1008586/ … (The instagram message mentioned, has already been deleted).

Mexico GP 2018

The weekend hasn't even really started yet but @LucasdiGrassi @sambirdracing & @alexlynnracing already drop 10 places each.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXUT77BW0AAk3eG.jpg (Lucas FIA penalty letter)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXUT71nW0AUDPqa.jpg (Sam FIA Penalty letter)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXUT72hXkAEMNsN.jpg (Alex FIA penalty letter)

So this year Formula E cars are not allowed to cross this white line with 4 wheels, to help drivers avoid the grass... On the STRAIGHT!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXUWpxPXUAAMEm-.jpg

Congratz to @MahindraRacing & @FRosenqvist for taking SUPERPOLE for the #MexicoCityEPrix !! 10 place grid drop for @alexlynnracing @sambirdracing & @LucasdiGrassi.

pole position grid standings

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXYrH1uX4AIA6g9.jpg

Another thrilling race for Formula E. Blink and you have missed some real action. Congratulations to Daniel Apt and the Apt team!!!!!Poor Sam had bad luck & a good steady race by JEV.
    How I love the fan participation and the drivers walk to the podium
    Races in Rome and Paris next month!!!!!

Forza Jules

Nice to see the cars racing on a proper track rather than a make-shift city track, it did allow the cars to become more spaced out at times but still managed to produce some very close racing at the front and as unpredictable as ever. F1 could do with more of the same! Supporting Luca Filippi and Edoardo Mortara is not giving me much satisfaction, though!

One word - dismal.
    Trying to be less angry..