Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Formula E Thread

Oh dear I am an oldie but I love FE!!!!
    I think it’s an evolving series and will continue to do so until electric is no longer the future but the present.
    I thought the BBC (red button ) coverage was abysmal and I really missed that of channel 5,
    Maybe my love of FE is fuelled by my boredom with F1 and the Merc fest and the fact that their drivers seem to escape penalties even though drivers from other teams get penalised for the same infringement.
    On the other hand the result of an FE race is more uncertain and thus more exciting.

Forza Jules

FE can be more unpredictable and the racing is closer owing to the type of circuits used, but the thought of it replacing F1 or any other motorsport series with an internal combustion engine will have me kicking and screaming into my hole in the ground!! F1 can be boring sometimes but not when you're a tifoso, even when you lose! The future is worrying, nonetheless.

How about combustion engines going 12, 10, 8, to 6, cylinders ? Are 4 cylinders next in F-1? I remember driving a 10cyl. Ferrari with a carb. for each cyl. ! Combustion engines are " The sound of music! "

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How about combustion engines going 12, 10, 8, to 6, cylinders ? Are 4 cylinders next in F-1? I remember driving a 10cyl. Ferrari with a carb. for each cyl. ! Combustion engines are " The sound of music! "
    Porsche 919 hybrid was direct injected turbo charged V4. That sounded awesome.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

OK, Here's what I read: Massa activated his fan base system before the 22nd minute of the race, the earliest it can be used in the 2018, 2019 championship. For that reason he got a 5 second penalty. I think I understand that?

OK, Here's what I read: Massa activated his fan base system before the 22nd minute of the race, the earliest it can be used in the 2018, 2019 championship. For that reason he got a 5 second penalty. I think I understand that?
    Damn silly rules, in my humble opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Damn silly rules, in my humble opinion!
    Personally I'm fed up with silly rules in both F1 and FE
    Maybe I could accept them more if all drivers faced the same penalty for similar offences.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Personally I'm fed up with silly rules in both F1 and FE
    Maybe I could accept them more if all drivers faced the same penalty for similar offences.
    So true! At least leave Felipe in peace so he can settle into F-E .

oh Sam

BMW had that in the bag. Not sure who was a fault at out of them both.

But least Sam got on podium in the end. Happy.

I would not like to be either driver during the post race brief at BMW. It appears that it was AFC's fault but it didn't look that way.
    Sam did well to-day and JEV was ok but could have had a better result if he hadn't tried so hard at the start.
    As for Felipe the L plate is still in place. I think he's enjoying FE but its a very different discipline.

Forza Jules

These FE circuits certainly look quite ugly and claustrophobic with their high walls and little run-off areas, and the racing can be very close for that reason, but it still lacks something, the rules and regs with attack modes and fanboosts can be quite confusing but I suppose we'll get used to them. Good result for Sam after the first lap shenanigans, JEV climbed back well, but poor Felipe just slipped down the order and came last of the runners, so my interest is already dwindling!! On top of that, being a complete technophobe, I had to test my ability to be able to watch it on catch-up red button, it's not going to be an easy series to keep fans interested. Rant over for now!

These FE circuits certainly look quite ugly and claustrophobic with their high walls and little run-off areas, and the racing can be very close for that reason, but it still lacks something, the rules and regs with attack modes and fanboosts can be quite confusing but I suppose we'll get used to them. Good result for Sam after the first lap shenanigans, JEV climbed back well, but poor Felipe just slipped down the order and came last of the runners, so my interest is already dwindling!! On top of that, being a complete technophobe, I had to test my ability to be able to watch it on catch-up red button, it's not going to be an easy series to keep fans interested. Rant over for now!
    I was cursing JEV. But he soon apologised and said he made a mistake.

About the fanboost and attack modes. Is t good idea, it shows off the technology and fan interaction. Be honest, think the whole Pirelli and DRS rubbish in F1 s alot more confusing to "new " fans.

The tracks, dont like, totally understand why they go "street" racing, but most of them are dull and look like building sites.

I agree with both of you on the circuits........................they are boring and I would like them to show off the beautiful places they use.
    I think the better circuits are Santiago, Rome, Paris and Monaco.
    As for JEV he was a bit of a clown at the first corner but he always apologises when he's at fault..................take note some F1 boys!!!!!! the blame game impresses no one!!!!

Forza Jules

I agree with both of you on the circuits........................they are boring and I would like them to show off the beautiful places they use.
    I think the better circuits are Santiago, Rome, Paris and Monaco.
    As for JEV he was a bit of a clown at the first corner but he always apologises when he's at fault..................take note some F1 boys!!!!!! the blame game impresses no one!!!!
    Agree completely about the circuits and the blame game, racing bradley, but it did look to me like JEV had no brakes at all, and at least he kept going and didn't do what the Andretti-BMW boys did. Rob, did you mean the obligatory use of different tyre compounds in the races and DRS actuation is confusing for 'new' fans? Fanboost and attack modes are a novelty in FE and of course help fan interaction, but the fan base won't increase dramatically until the series is more accessible, I prefer to watch these events live and despite begrudging having to pay to watch F1, I've been doing it for so long that I class it as my fortnightly treat instead of going to the pub!! Pubs and F1 would probably have me crying into my pint, or being arrested for assaulting a HAM fan.

Fanboost is open for this weekend's race.

Forza Jules

Fanboost is open for this weekend's race.
    Felipe has been fan-boosted as per instructions but if he doesn't have a better weekend I will blow a fuse myself!

How can that be? 8 DNFs?

Well done Sam, shame the same can't be said for Felipe, Wehrlein did a great race too, you will be a happy bunny Rob!

brilliant race and result for Sam. Especially after the last race. Was swearing and nearly throwing things at the TV when they said he was under investigation be being under weight. Which, i couldnt work out how they came to that, after the car is same weight it starts, well unless missing wheel or fair amount of bodywork.

But hey, win and now leading standings.

Well done Sam, shame the same can't be said for Felipe, Wehrlein did a great race too, you will be a happy bunny Rob!

Anyone in Formula E that I would care to root for? Team? Driver? Too lazy to look

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Anyone in Formula E that I would care to root for? Team? Driver? Too lazy to look
    Massa
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Massa
    Ha ha Greig, are you being flippant or do you mean it?! I've been fan-boosting Felipe for what it's worth but he's not exactly making an impression so far. Onwards and upwards, we hope!

Massa has started to rack up some points. I think you could say he had a good day at the office. 2nd in FP2 and 3rd in quali. Unfortunately for him it was very busy at the top and he began to lose out but I for one am happy with 8th to begin his points tally.
    Sam came in 9th but JEV was out of the points.
    Since among us we support drivers associated with Ferrari we had better include Wehrlein. He's showing great promise.

Forza Jules

Massa has started to rack up some points. I think you could say he had a good day at the office. 2nd in FP2 and 3rd in quali. Unfortunately for him it was very busy at the top and he began to lose out but I for one am happy with 8th to begin his points tally.
    Since among us we support drivers associated with Ferrari we had better include Wehrlein. He's showing great promise.
    Forgot this on.

Agreed on all counts and so pleased that Felipe has now got some points to his name!

Agreed on all counts and so pleased that Felipe has now got some points to his name!
    Pleased for sure! He's the rookie here @ F-E . Piano, piano t'arrivare lontano!

Pleased for sure! He's the rookie here @ F-E . Piano, piano t'arrivare lontano!
    You're right Brembo, ma piano piano con forza, obrigado!!