Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Formula E Thread

Is Formula E using Ferrari's former gear box supplier?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    One word - dismal.
    Are you referring to your McDonalds avatar?

Forza Jules

I guess you all have already seen this electric car but just in case you haven't!!

Electric cars reinventing the notion of speed by @rimac_automobili
    0-100kph in 1.8s / 400 kmh and 600km autonomy!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/6/17...otor-show-2018

Forza Jules

1) Not McDonalds 2) Formula E - kiddie-karts..
    Trying to be less angry..

1) Not McDonalds 2) Formula E - kiddie-karts..

Hmm just wait until F1 in its current form becomes the Dodo of motor racing.
    I would ask why are all the big manufacturers clamouring to join FE............oh yes because it's the future!!!!!!

Forza Jules

Much as I've enjoyed watching the FE races, and it probably is the future (groan), it will never replace F1 from a fan's perspective, but the gap gets narrower with each additional technical development reducing the internal combustion engine's noise to a whine.

Here's what I don't get what the FIA are doing with FE.

They've taken away a point for fastest lap, and instead GIVE a point for the car that was the most economic! It has NOTHING to do with racing, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Here's what I don't get what the FIA are doing with FE.

They've taken away a point for fastest lap, and instead GIVE a point for the car that was the most economic! It has NOTHING to do with racing, zero.
    How very politically correct, but they're keeping the grid girls! Sometimes I despair of governing bodies!!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post

Hmm just wait until F1 in its current form becomes the Dodo of motor racing.
    I would ask why are all the big manufacturers clamouring to join FE............oh yes because it's the future!!!!!!
    I daresay I will be either too old to care - or dead - before there are only electric cars on the roads and on the track..

Until then, let's use our fossil fuels as wisely as we can. After all, we have hundreds of years of them left.
    Trying to be less angry..

I daresay I will be either too old to care - or dead - before there are only electric cars on the roads and on the track..

Until then, let's use our fossil fuels as wisely as we can. After all, we have hundreds of years of them left.
    Well Nick have you not noticed the increasing number of electric cars on our roads atm.......at least here in the Midlands there are!
    A lot of my friends have gone electric & I would if I could afford to! All of the manufacturers are bringing out a model and the race is on to develop a more sustainable battery.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...brid-cars-2020

As for your comment on fossil fuel we may have some left but what about the environment....there is not much point in having cars which run on fossil fuel if the air we breathe does not sustain human, animal and plant life.
    We have a responsibility to leave this world fit for generations to come!!!

Forza Jules

As for your comment on fossil fuel we may have some left but what about the environment....there is not much point in having cars which run on fossil fuel if the air we breathe does not sustain human, animal and plant life.
    We have a responsibility to leave this world fit for generations to come!!!
    I'm all for electric cars, electric trains, electric public transit, autonomous vehicles--> in cities where several millions clamour and reside where currently smog and congestion are the prime culprit. Cities like Mumbai, London, Los Angeles, New York, Mexico City, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijeng, etc. etc.

I would not mind driving a 71 365 Daytona in the country side.....as it is my freedom as well as many others who don't mind burning fossil fuels.

What a race my blood pressure is sky high. but the outcome was great!!!
    JEV is my favourite driver in FE. I reckon it was the year he spent with us that helped him & we taught him some new tricks.
    The Rugby was totally up my street but then we won the grand slam.
    But I felt sorry for Italy they gave Scotland a match and Scotland are a classy team!!!!

Forza Jules

Good close racing for the win between JEV and Di Grassi, Sam Bird managed a decent result too, it's turning out to be a good championship battle and not too predictable, let's hope F1 will give us some equally close racing without Merc steaming into the distance. Italy should have won the rugby, but I risk being done over by Scottish fans, and Sebring was a bit disappointing for our Ferrari teams. Now for MotoGP and then next weekend it will all be too much for my blood pressure, especially at that ungodly hour of the morning.

I had to smile at some of this. Thought I would post it

MOTORSPORT
    Compared to antisocial, petrol-powered motorsports like, y’know, Formula 1, the world of Formula E is very saintly. Confirmation of that gets no greater than a blessing from the big man. Yep, the Pope has blessed Formula E.

His Holiness even invited a bunch of Formula E drivers to his house – better known as Vatican City – for the ceremony, which saw half of the grid given an Apostolic Blessing.

Um, why? Because the latest E-Prix is being held in Rome this weekend, and local residents get no more A-list when you want a bit of publicity. And now F1’s big new rival has been given the nod from him upstairs, next time Lewis Hamilton tweets #blessed, it’ll suddenly have even less gravitas than before…

Forza Jules

Nice one racingbradley, although there's nothing saintly when it comes to motor-racing rivalry, electric or otherwise, and the only electrical assistance I'd like to give HAM is a shock. Hope il Papa can oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Nice one racingbradley, although there's nothing saintly when it comes to motor-racing rivalry, electric or otherwise, and the only electrical assistance I'd like to give HAM is a shock. Hope il Papa can oblige.
    Viva IL Papa !

Not happy I'll miss FE in Roma and probably the Shanghai GP, first time for a long while that I haven't watched it live, hope it's a good omen as last time I couldn't watch a race we won. Can il Papa intervene again, perhaps?!

Not happy I'll miss FE in Roma and probably the Shanghai GP, first time for a long while that I haven't watched it live, hope it's a good omen as last time I couldn't watch a race we won. Can il Papa intervene again, perhaps?!
    Let's hope your extreme sacrifice to secure us a win works Wisepie
    Hope you have voted on fanboost.
    Have a lovely holiday anyway .

Forza Jules

Congratulations to Sam Bird who drove a strategic race and deserved the win.
    JEV has a day of damage limitation and finished in the top 5
    13th for Luca Filippi who had a great weekend at his home grand prix.

Forza Jules

Now Nissan joins FE.
    What's up with Fiat. Surely the time is right for a Fiat based car to join the fray. It could be badged Maserati maybe.

Nissan - which will make its debut in the all-electric series 2018/19 season with its next generation racer - is the first Japanese manufacturer to enter Formula E.

Forza Jules

FE in the city of light this weekend. Let's hope it's a cracker.

Interesting piece of news

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/13...ense-for-massa

Forza Jules

Good result for JEV in Paris and Sam Bird lucky to get to the podium, I was able to watch it live straight after Baku quali, but shame the last two races have clashed with F1 weekends and I know where my heart lies!!

Good result for JEV in Paris and Sam Bird lucky to get to the podium, I was able to watch it live straight after Baku quali, but shame the last two races have clashed with F1 weekends and I know where my heart lies!!
    I concur with that.
    Not quite as an exciting race as some of the previous we have seen.
    The closing lap was a bit bizarre. Sam & Luca were lucky to get through and get a podium.

Forza Jules

Alejandro Agag makes €600m bid for full control of Formula E

Felipe Massa joins Venturi driver line up for Season 5

With only four rounds left of Season 4 of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship, today Venturi Formula E announced that Brazilian racing driver Filipe Massa will join the driver line up for Season 5 (2018-19), after signing a three-year deal with the team.

Due to begin testing in the Gen2 Venturi VFE 05 by the end of May 2018, Massa commented, "I’m very happy to be joining the Venturi Formula E Team and the Formula E championship, which has become a magnificent competition in such a short space of time.

"For some years now, I’ve been clear about my interest in this innovative, forward-looking discipline that’s developing exponentially. I especially like the format of race meetings, the city-centre circuits and the contact with the fans. I can’t wait to take part in testing at the end of the month."

After attending the Race in Rome earlier this season, Massa was keen to show his commitment to the series. "It would be a great pleasure to be here racing," said the Brazilian driver earlier in the season during the race in Rome. "I can not stay at home for very long - I need to find something to do and Formula E is a championship that's showing some good possibilities."

Starting out in go-karts from the age of eight, Massa continued racing in national and regional championships for seven years, before moving to Formula Renault and on to Formula 3000, where he won the championship.

Moving to Formula One, Massa started his career with Sauber before joining Scuderia Ferrari as a test driver in 2003. During his time in the single-seater series, the Brazilian managed an impressive 269 starts, 41 podiums and 11 wins whilst driving for the Sauber (2002, 2004–2005), Ferrari (2006–2013), Williams (2014–2017) teams.

“It’s an honour to welcome Felipe to the Venturi family," said Gildo Pastor, President of Venturi Automobiles and the Venturi Formula E Team. "I needed him, his experience, his speed, and his openness. Formula E is extremely complex to set up and drive. Even more so than in other disciplines, teamwork between the driver and the engineering team is one of the keys to success. Felipe’s 15 years’ experience in Formula 1 will definitely give us a boost. And with his humble nature, I know he will listen to the team and master the discipline quickly.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

A little gem of opinion from Mark Webber.

http://www.f1i.com/news/304420-webbe...nsational.html

Forza Jules

A little gem of opinion from Mark Webber.

http://www.f1i.com/news/304420-webbe...nsational.html
    I'm Ultra happy for Felipe and for us! Is Pirelli supplying F - E ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm Ultra happy for Felipe and for us! Is Pirelli supplying F - E ?
    Nah they are Michelins

Forza Jules

Nah they are Michelins
    Thank God !!!

Imagine Mark Webber is saying F E is more competitive than F1 ! Being a F- E fan and a F1 fan is allowed! Go Felipe !!