Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Formula E Thread

Sorry to keep banging on about GIO who may have been far more successful in F1 with the '22 Alfa, but I've just read that he is very frustrated and finding it hard to adapt to the FE cars and tracks with so little practice available. He can't reconcile the sim work with the real thing either, so no surprise he's having a dismal time. He's been a real help in the Ferrari sim, it seems.

Monaco E-prix provided Antonio with a P15 result, so he's going in the right direction but still miles from any points, sadly.

It's true that Formula 1 needs to keep up with the times, but that doesn't mean it has to go all electric. There are already hybrid cars that could fit into the Formula 1 format. As for the drivers, Formula E has some amazingly talented drivers, but they are not the only ones. Some of the most well-known names in Formula 1, such as David Coulthard, Felipe Massa, and Nico Rosberg, have all gone to watch Formula E races. This shows that there is something about Formula E that appeals to these experienced drivers, and it's worth watching for anyone interested in motorsport.

I have tried getting involved with FE since it began but it just failed to engage me, and I haven't watched any of this year's events so far. I agree that there are some great drivers in FE but the circuits generally are too confined, it lacks the noise factor and there are too many gimmicks involved which detracts from it being a 'race'. F1 is getting closer to being stifled by regulations and strategy calls too, so motorsport in general is becoming less about racing and more about who has the best brains!
    Last edited by wisepie; 12th March 2023 at 17:56.

Formula E is fast and totally unpredictable. It grips your attention from the onset. Usually the pole sitter doesn't win the race and it is not a procession!!!
    F1 is very predictable. I sit hoping for a change of events which doesn't happen often.
    I agree the circuits are confined and hope that battery life will be less of an issue in the future.
    There are some very talented drivers and ex F1 drivers continue to shine with Wehriein in the lead currently and Buemi, Da Costa, Vandoorne & JEV giving a good account of themselves.
    I can understand that the confined circuits are off putting but the drivers work for their results.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Formula E is fast and totally unpredictable. It grips your attention from the onset. Usually the pole sitter doesn't win the race and it is not a procession!!!
    F1 is very predictable. I sit hoping for a change of events which doesn't happen often.
    I agree the circuits are confined and hope that battery life will be less of an issue in the future.
    There are some very talented drivers and ex F1 drivers continue to shine with Wehriein in the lead currently and Buemi, Da Costa, Vandoorne & JEV giving a good account of themselves.
    I can understand that the confined circuits are off putting but the drivers work for their results.
    I concur mostly, but still it doesn't grab me and I did support Felipe and GIO in previous seasons, as you know, not that it helped them much!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I concur mostly, but still it doesn't grab me and I did support Felipe and GIO in previous seasons, as you know, not that it helped them much!!
    Felipe and Gio had trouble adapting to FE but your other driver Edoardo Mortara is still in the series and has done quite well over the past two years. 2nd in 2021 and 3rd last year.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 13th March 2023 at 10:31.

Forza Jules

Felipe and Gio had trouble adapting to FE but your other driver Edoardo Mortara is still in the series and has done quite well over the past two years. 2nd in 2021 and 3rd last year.
    I am hoping that GIO gets some reward for his efforts with the 499P in the hypercar class. I may tune in toe FE again, though, never say never!

I turn into FE when I need consoling. F1 has made me pretty unhappy of late and JEV is still bringing home good points to cheer me up.

Forza Jules

I turn into FE when I need consoling. F1 has made me pretty unhappy of late and JEV is still bringing home good points to cheer me up.
    You were always a JEV tifoso, there's no driver who I feel aligned to in FE now! Just saying, and I tend to agree with F1 making us all unhappy with the current situation.

I am a JEV fan and he's still getting the results. I always take a keen look at Di Grassi and Buemi. They were all at the Red Bull junior team but didn't make it to RB. JEV was very disappointed when Riccardo got the job since he had a greater tally of points than Dan.
    The cream always comes to the top and these 3 have won the FE championship JEV twice.
    FE is a difficult championship to win as fortunes change from race to race. I like to watch the 3 of them climbing up through the field. They are tough racers.
    I just hope I have'nt jinxed them.

p/s I got that wrong Di Grassi was at Virgin.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 24th March 2023 at 18:41.

Forza Jules

Formula e this .weekend in Berlin. It could bridge the gap till Baku

Forza Jules

It would be interesting to see how Nyck de Vries is going to do in Formula E after his tough exit from F1. I hope he does well and it won't be another disappointment for him.