Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Haas Linked With Maserati Partnership

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068

    Haas Linked With Maserati Partnership

    The legendary brand of Maserati could reportedly return to Formula 1 for the first time in 60 years and become a title sponsor for Haas next season.

    Fresh from Ferrari's strengthened partnership with Sauber, which will see the Alfa Romeo brand become major sponsors of the Swiss team, Sergio Marchionne – CEO of Ferrari and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (the parent company of both Alfa Romeo and Maserati – could pull the strings once again for the Haas team.

    The American outfit have been self-funded in their first two years in Formula 1 and have, as it stands, a technical relationship with Ferrari who supply them with engine parts.

    But, like Sauber, that partnership could be strengthened in the form of a major Ferrari-linked sponsor which some reports believe would generate an additional 20m Euros a year for Haas, who would feature the Maserati logo on their car. However, that will no doubt result in Ferrari having more of an input in Haas’ driver line-ups.

    There is also another potential link between Haas and Maserati, as the American team work with Dallara on the chassis of their car. Dallara are close neighbours to Maserati and have also worked together on projects in the past.

    Marchionne has recently suggested that a deal between Haas and Maserati could be in the pipeline.

    "Is it possible for the Haas arrangement to turn into something other than what we have today? The answer is potentially ‘yes’," he said.

    "But we’re very far away from a resolution on that matter, but it’s possible. We’ll see, time will tell."

    Maserati has a rich history with Formula 1, with Juan Manuel Fangio winning two World Championships in a Maserati car in both 1954 and 1957.
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-li...ership-report/


    If this deal goes through, Ferrari will have a lot more influence in those 2021 regulations.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-li...ership-report/


    If this deal goes through, Ferrari will have a lot more influence in those 2021 regulations.

    very nice.....this is getting interesting with Italians.....soooo HAAS-MAS or MAS-HAAS!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    very nice.....this is getting interesting with Italians.....soooo HAAS-MAS or MAS-HAAS!!!
    I thought for a minute that you could see Felipe (MAS) in the car!! Much as I'd like another historically successful Italian brand on the grid, I think this may dilute the Ferrari and Alfa brands. And the mother team may find competition from within is more than they bargained for!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I thought for a minute that you could see Felipe (MAS) in the car!! Much as I'd like another historically successful Italian brand on the grid, I think this may dilute the Ferrari and Alfa brands. And the mother team may find competition from within is more than they bargained for!
    I don't know, the same investors are behind Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Their word is last.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I thought for a minute that you could see Felipe (MAS) in the car!! Much as I'd like another historically successful Italian brand on the grid, I think this may dilute the Ferrari and Alfa brands. And the mother team may find competition from within is more than they bargained for!
    I don't really see any such danger.
    What I do see is a power play that if we need to be honest has to be played.
    Ferrari has no real option if they want to see a future in an F1 where they call shots, and they need as many votes in this F1 as possible.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I thought for a minute that you could see Felipe (MAS) in the car!! Much as I'd like another historically successful Italian brand on the grid, I think this may dilute the Ferrari and Alfa brands. And the mother team may find competition from within is more than they bargained for!
    Don't count him out just yet (Massa with Williams).....AGAIN!!! Apparently the official list came out for drivers in 2018 and on the drivers slot for Williams, both slots have "TBC"; along with two other teams. Williams is also evaluating Rowland (Williams team denies it but Rowland's mngmnt says other wise (shrug), Sirotkin, di Resta, Werlhein, and Kvyat.


    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I don't really see any such danger.
    What I do see is a power play that if we need to be honest has to be played.
    Ferrari has no real option if they want to see a future in an F1 where they call shots, and they need as many votes in this F1 as possible.
    I agree and thats how I see it with "Alfa-Better" (Sauber) and "HAAS-Serati."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,987
    Well I'm all for any Italian involvement which adds something to the sport, even more so if the Ferrari-based engines can finally get to grips with those Merc-powered rivals, and of course having Alfa and Maserati there can only be a bonus for this old romantic!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,386
    Fine by me as long as they keep Groanjean away from our red cars. Do recall how many of Alonso's (and many others) drives he's ruined in his unfortunately continuing career!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well I'm all for any Italian involvement which adds something to the sport, even more so if the Ferrari-based engines can finally get to grips with those Merc-powered rivals, and of course having Alfa and Maserati there can only be a bonus for this old romantic!
    Add the name Giovanazzi to the Italian involvement and were good to go !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Add the name Giovanazzi to the Italian involvement and were good to go !
    You read my mind, Brembo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    I think SM is trying to show the power of Ferrari in the coming 2021 regulation change. Which is good in terms of negotiating T&C.
    Now Liberty management will get into defensive mode.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •