Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Did anyone watch "Grand Prix Driver" on Amazon video? Kinda feel sad though for Mclaren, hope they turn it around this season

So Haas was the first team to reveal its online launch of the 2018 challenger
    Looks so much better without the stupid shark wing
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    Did anyone watch "Grand Prix Driver" on Amazon video? Kinda feel sad though for Mclaren, hope they turn it around this season
    Found it amazing how little communication there was between Honda and McLaren the whole project looked terribly run makes me think that it wasn't all Honda's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Found it amazing how little communication there was between Honda and McLaren the whole project looked terribly run makes me think that it wasn't all Honda's fault
    Yeah guess Honda underestimated the herculean task to produce a competitive PU in a modern F1.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So Haas was the first team to reveal its online launch of the 2018 challenger
    Looks so much better without the stupid shark wing
    The new Haas https://youtu.be/4bnhHpvoUvo

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    The Halo doesn't look that bad when it fits in with the colour scheme

FerrariSteve Guest
    That looks pretty nice, shame about the ghastly halo though. ugghhh

Looks like last years Ferrari especially around the sidepods!

The car does not look like much of an evolution but we all know that these are not the cars we will see in Melbourne. Hope there will be some radical new designs which pop up this year!

Not really most italians speak excellent english.

looks great IMO.. Halo isn't as bad as I expected either.

Ferrari will obviously be very thin at the back.

I think the HAAS overall looks awesome! Heaps of development around the sidepods and front wing. Ferrari ferrari-inspired sidepods.

Are we worried about Sassi ending up at Mercedes? I’m disappointed! We keep dispensing our talent to Mercedes for little mistakes. Okay he couldn’t bring the big development planned late last year, but he did bring us that engine to begin with - which is the closest we’ve been! We need to nurture and respect our talent, not abandon it at the first sign of trouble.

Also, I’m starting to get reeeeaaaaally nervous about our car launch. It makes sense that the SF70-H was developed throughout 2015 during the HAAS wind tunnel loophole... a lot has changed since then. Can we keep pace?

How is this possible that Sassi work at Mercedes 2018 if they go from Ferrari 2017.

Not sure if this is Williams official car but it looks to have copied Ferrari's sidepod air inlets as well. Guess we'll be seeing quite a lot of cars looking like the SF70H.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...k_at_The_FW41/

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think the HAAS overall looks awesome! Heaps of development around the sidepods and front wing. Ferrari ferrari-inspired sidepods.

Are we worried about Sassi ending up at Mercedes? I’m disappointed! We keep dispensing our talent to Mercedes for little mistakes. Okay he couldn’t bring the big development planned late last year, but he did bring us that engine to begin with - which is the closest we’ve been! We need to nurture and respect our talent, not abandon it at the first sign of trouble.

Also, I’m starting to get reeeeaaaaally nervous about our car launch. It makes sense that the SF70-H was developed throughout 2015 during the HAAS wind tunnel loophole... a lot has changed since then. Can we keep pace?
    I wonder if it has something to do with Arrivabene's actions on trying to promote younger engineers and employees and encouraging them to be more involved and explore fresh ideas and push limits? Maybe some of the old guard are getting their backs up as their ideas and positions are being challenged. Seems Ferrari have found a replacement for Sassi quite quickly and they've come up with some new ideas already.

The reliability of the power units will be under even more scrutiny this season with the engine limit being reduced from four to three before grid penalties start coming into effect.

Ferrari's season unravelled partly due to reliability issues, but it appears the Scuderia have been learning from their mistakes.

Autosport believe Ferrari engine boss Corrado Iotti has been overseeing the development of a new cylinder head which will be rolled out later in the season without an alloy steel piston concept which was going to be introduced by ex-Ferrari chief Lorenzo Sassi.

Summary of 2018 regulation changes by Scarb

The number of power unit limits is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Not sure if this is Williams official car but it looks to have copied Ferrari's sidepod air inlets as well. Guess we'll be seeing quite a lot of cars looking like the SF70H.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...k_at_The_FW41/
    I think Ferrari was on to something last year with there aero package. its a shame we had the troubles we did and could not exploit it. I think most of the cars on the grid will look like Ferrari's this season. Look at the over head shot of the new Hass. I know we have a technical partnership, but its the exact same as SF70H. The best part is, the boys over at SKY wont give Ferrari any credit for the concepts.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I think Ferrari was on to something last year with there aero package. its a shame we had the troubles we did and could not exploit it. I think most of the cars on the grid will look like Ferrari's this season. Look at the over head shot of the new Hass. I know we have a technical partnership, but its the exact same as SF70H. The best part is, the boys over at SKY wont give Ferrari any credit for the concepts.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    Hey that's unfair! The rear view mirrors on that Haas look nothing like the Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Hey that's unfair! The rear view mirrors on that Haas look nothing like the Ferrari.
    lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

The new Willams
    Attachment 7361
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So Dirk De Beer showing his part in this car (ex head of Aero from our team who left in 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The new Willams
    Attachment 7361

Mercedes "cape" under the S-duct. SF70-H side-pods. T-wing at the back. More aggressive rear diffuser. All the makings of a mid-field contender given the PU too. Can't say that about their drivers.....well....at least one of them.

came across this gents for the W09....it's a possibility and another innovation from the "uber" F1 camp. Speculation only.

Another take on what may be under the @MercedesAMGF1 #W09 raised exhaust pipe, inspired by comments from @ScarbsTech and @f1technical forum member Jolle: A raised, conjoined rear upper wishbone.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoFNXAV4AAFETk.jpg

It's already clear from the new launches that there will be many cars that will copy last year's sidepod design. Ferrari will need to pull something out of the bag to have any chance of competing against Mercedes.

Renault Sport F1 are the first one's to arrive (02-16-18) at the Circuit de Catalunya to prep for practice. I'm sure more trucks are on the way.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWK93gCWAAoa-of.jpg

oh yeah.....the "uber" guys are here too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWLHEXuW0AAHvRY.jpg

Redbull gearing up.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWF0DegX4AAnZvI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWF0H1_WkAEflM-.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWF0J09WkAEee5x.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 16th February 2018 at 16:55.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No body designs cars like ferrari from rd cars to f1 look at mclaren rd cars poor copies all inspired at maranello side pods inlets etc etc we will have somthing unique on the grid this is ferrari dna to lead in design and not to follow.

I just want to add something. Everyone is talking about reliability. We have 3 engines, which is about 7 races per engine. Maybe its better to sacrifice one race, get 1 engine, which will reduce about 2 races per engine, this can be a much more powerful engine, which will give us a better chance to win.
    Even the race we sacrifice, we can do it in a place where its easy to overtake. Look at last year, when Hamilton just finished on the podium in Brazil after starting in the pitlane! If we have a powerful engine, then we can really take the fight to mercedes. Engine can last 5, not 7, then take 1 more engine! Sacrifice 1 race. I would do this in our situation at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I just want to add something. Everyone is talking about reliability. We have 3 engines, which is about 7 races per engine. Maybe its better to sacrifice one race, get 1 engine, which will reduce about 2 races per engine, this can be a much more powerful engine, which will give us a better chance to win.
    Even the race we sacrifice, we can do it in a place where its easy to overtake. Look at last year, when Hamilton just finished on the podium in Brazil after starting in the pitlane! If we have a powerful engine, then we can really take the fight to mercedes. Engine can last 5, not 7, then take 1 more engine! Sacrifice 1 race. I would do this in our situation at Ferrari.
    Exactly, I thought about it too, I wonder if Ferrari took such a possibility into consideration, it could turn out to be our ace from the sleeve...