Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I hope Ferrari has built 2 good cars this year, two that can challange for WDC for either driver and points like crazy for WCC. WE need Seb to be there for Kimi if he's the guy up front.[/
    ............have you dipped into the Macallen 25 again???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I know there's no way Ferrari will let Kimi get up on Seb, even if they have to remove a spark plug or two from Kimi's ride, or send him out with 3 tires!!

Glenfiddich here, I have Macallen gold sienna and amber to :D.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

In a glass of Guinness; drop a shot glass full of Remy in it. " Bomba Atomica! "

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

In a glass of Guinness; drop a shot glass full of Remy in it. " Bomba Atomica! "
    O Brembo what a sacrilege you have ruined two perfectly good drinks

Yours sounds rather like a submarine which I came across years ago in Switzerland in a hostellery that was having a drinking competition.........it was a 1/2 litre of lager with a shot glass of schnapps dropped in.....lethal

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Glenfiddich here, I have Macallen gold sienna and amber to :D.
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    O Brembo what a sacrilege you have ruined two perfectly good drinks

Yours sounds rather like a submarine which I came across years ago in Switzerland in a hostellery that was having a drinking competition.........it was a 1/2 litre of lager with a shot glass of schnapps dropped in.....lethal

sounds like a good time for all of us.....when's the invite???

LOL!

Anyway, it looks like Bernie is trying to add tension now when he got nothing better to do.

“Some people have a new series in mind,” Ecclestone said. “Sergio has spoken to other people about it.

“If Sergio got up in the morning and decided to leave, it is a difficult position he is in. But if the FIA [F1’s governing body] don’t do what he thinks is right, then he would leave.

“I don’t think he does things unless he is serious and he is not the sort of guy who doesn’t do what he says he is going to do.

“The bottom line is simple. Formula One is Ferrari and Ferrari is Formula One. If you go and speak to anyone in the world, they don’t care about Ferrari road cars. I’d hate to see F1 without them.”

Ecclestone went on to say that others would soon follow Ferrari if a breakaway was formed as many race organisers are not happy with the costs to host an Formula 1 race.

“If a new series started and it had the same elements as there is now, and it was cheaper for the promoters than F1 then they would immediately say ‘yes’ [to Ferrari],” Ecclestone added.

“Some people have a new series in mind,” Ecclestone said. “Sergio has spoken to other people about it.

“If Sergio got up in the morning and decided to leave, it is a difficult position he is in. But if the FIA [F1’s governing body] don’t do what he thinks is right, then he would leave.

“I don’t think he does things unless he is serious and he is not the sort of guy who doesn’t do what he says he is going to do.

“The bottom line is simple. Formula One is Ferrari and Ferrari is Formula One. If you go and speak to anyone in the world, they don’t care about Ferrari road cars. I’d hate to see F1 without them.”

Ecclestone went on to say that others would soon follow Ferrari if a breakaway was formed as many race organisers are not happy with the costs to host an Formula 1 race.

“If a new series started and it had the same elements as there is now, and it was cheaper for the promoters than F1 then they would immediately say ‘yes’ [to Ferrari],” Ecclestone added.

“Some of them who are currently upset with the amount of money they have to pay to stage a race would join.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    LOL!

Anyway, it looks like Bernie is trying to add tension now when he got nothing better to do.
    That's the talk in the F1 world.....road relevance vs motorsport hence a seperate series. I'm all for it. I would want motorsport.

Renault admits its first #F1 engines of 2018 have compromises to ensure reliability and will be same power level as late 2017 per Autosport.

We'll, I guess we'll have to wait for the second engines. Does not bode well for RB, Mac's, and Renault.

on another note

Summer Deadline for Red Bull to Decide on Possible Honda Switch for 2019 – Helmut Marko - https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...-switch-marko/

car has no mirrors. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner still and this halo would **** the heck out of me.
    Last edited by Rob; 25th February 2018 at 17:54.

I thought this hallo was stupid, but seing it now i think its the most stupidest thing F1 has ever come up with. It clearly bothers the drivers, even though they dont say so, cause they are pros. There is something in the middle of your road vision when you are driving 350km/h, I think that makes it more dangerous than the security it allegedly brings.

That should keep your spark plugs igniting, Brembo, and racingbradley and half of the TSN members will be queuing up to join you by the sound of things. What about a snakebite, cider and lager mixed which I believe is banned in pubs due to the fights it causes, maybe we need some in the SF71's tank for good measure. Time to get serious, though, from tomorrow!

Renault admits its first #F1 engines of 2018 have compromises to ensure reliability and will be same power level as late 2017 per Autosport.

We'll, I guess we'll have to wait for the second engines. Does not bode well for RB, Mac's, and Renault.

so Renault still struggling with their engine development... And yet Red Bull are still 2nd favourites to win WCC

what time does testing start tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    what time does testing start tomorrow
    9am to 6pm local time.

Or 6.5 hours from now.

they should have a forward facing camera looking in front of the halo and on the backside of the upright an Lcd screen showing whats directly in front of the upright on the halo so the driver wont feel like he's looking around something all the time.

That halo looks like it might be dangerous in the wet when following someone in front of the driver that's throwing up rooster tales... that may be compounded if there are multiple cars ahead... hope I'm wrong....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Interesting sidepod design on the RB
    Looks flat in the middle section.

“I think they’ve made a mistake,” Hartley told Marca. “The engine is very driveable and I have more power than last year.”
    Just WOW.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/hartley...itching-honda/

Formula 1 officially announced new live streaming service without ad breaks. Providing exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board
    cameras throughout every race session.

The F1 streaming service will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America).

Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD $8-$12. A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend.

At that price it might be worth it if I could have all the races without the usual drivel from David Croft. I suspect that Sky's UK contract wouldn't allow it however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    At that price it might be worth it if I could have all the races without the usual drivel from David Croft. I suspect that Sky's UK contract wouldn't allow it however.
    Yeah doubt it will be available in the UK, always way around it though
    Forza Ferrari

Formula 1 officially announced new live streaming service without ad breaks. Providing exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board
    cameras throughout every race session.

The F1 streaming service will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America).

Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD $8-$12. A less expensive, non-live subscription tier, F1 TV Access will provide live race timing data and radio commentary, as well as extended highlights of each session from the race weekend.
    Nice platform, it would be nice if someone manage to pirate this.

I can see this happening.......

Renault Formula 1 boss Cyril Abiteboul says the Enstone team is considering factoring strategic grid penalties into its 2018 season in order to maximise power unit performance.

All manufacturers face the challenge of running 21 races on three power units in 2018, and it is a particularly big ask for Renault and Honda, who have suffered from poor reliability over the past seasons.

Rather than compromise ultimate power unit performance over the whole season by ensuring that each element lasts for seven race weekends, Renault may decide before the start of the season to run the full campaign with four or more engines, taking grid penalties as necessary.

That reduced mileage requirement would allow the team to run at higher performance levels for longer, while the additional units would also provide extra opportunities to introduce upgrades.

"I don't want to say too much about this at this stage, because it's still early days," said Abiteboul. "But we knew this regulation was coming, we knew what we had to do, and we are still a bit open-minded about the best way that we want to cover the season.

"In particular we are not assuming that we want to downgrade the performance potential in the engine because of reliability, and because of mileage. We're also looking carefully at the evolution of the regulations in terms of grid penalties.

"You may know that this has become a bit more flexible, a bit less painful, so we will factor that into the way that we are building the plan for this year in terms of engines in production, and possible engine penalties if we have to, or if we think that this is tactically in our advantage to do so."

Abiteboul said the works team would make a call on its plans between the end of testing and the first race in Australia, when it has a bit more information about performance and reliability.

"We want to establish the baseline, we want to know a bit more about ourselves, the performance of the engine as it is right now.

"If it's better for everyone to use four power units or four V6s, rather than three, we may take that decision. But it's really too early to talk about that."

Abiteboul says that the team will start the 2018 season with a similar level of performance to the end of last year, but will be able to make more extensive use of that performance, thanks to improved reliability.

"The target this year is to start the season first reliably, and which will allow us to make use of the full potential of the engine, something which we were not capable of doing last year.

"Which means that from a competitiveness perspective, from a performance perspective, the engine should be performing better.

"It will be comparable to the end of last year when we were using it at its maximum potential, which has not happened on many occasions, except maybe Abu Dhabi.

"If you look at where we were last year in terms of the reliability situation, if you look at the evolution in terms of the regulations, it's a no-brainer that this is what you have to put as a priority.

"But again the key message, the fact of being reliable opens up more options in terms of performance. You cannot [separate] performance and reliability, the two go together.

"When you work on reliability, you actually work on performance also."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...s-1009578/?s=1