Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Somewhere you forgot that this is a Ferrari supporters page, Not a bashing and bringing down the very brand name we all support before the fregin season has even started. Whats wrong with you ???
    what, there is a censorship on this forum??.......... he has is opinion, and it does not make him less of a Ferrari fan than you

Everyone is speculating about our supposed increasing wheelbase but in fact this one seems to be a minor one.(far from Mercedes though).
    Everyone is speculating about our consumption problem but there are no minimal proofs until now for those affirmations.
    For seeing Vettel at the track for a whole day I can assure you the car seems easy to drive without any kind of unbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    what, there is a censorship on this forum??.......... he has is opinion, and it does not make him less of a Ferrari fan than you

And i merely commented on your statement to " what if he is right "

See, having a factual opinion is one thing, Shooting off the hip and making unfounded remarks based on speculation by some of the media and what they perceive about our car ( and we all know this happens )does not constitute an opinion...........It only invites negativity on here and gets me a wee bit peed off to be honest and a lot of others too.
    Drive it like you stole it!

It doesn't make a true fan if you always bashing the team. Are you here only for the championships ??? Only then you are a true supporter???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well my opinion is his posts are rather tiresome and offer nothing to support the team.
    Forza Ferrari

It's pretty hard to tell from testing where we stand in comparison to the other teams, but there is one thing that confuses me. Gary Anderson and some other 'experts' point to the fact that Haas was able to run a 1:18.3 on SS while Ferrari was only able to run a 1:17.18 on US and use this as proof that the Ferrari isn't as quick as it should be. On the other hand, they point to the fact that McLaren got a 1:17.78 on US and say this is proof that McLaren is going to be a beast of a car. In my view, when I look at the time the Haas has done, and realize that they use Ferrari engine, trans, suspension and probably more, then I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that Ferrari could go quite a bit quicker. I doubt Haas has understood our car better than we have. Plus Vettel's time wasn't his absolute, as it was said he was lifting at the end of his laps and never put all his quickest sectors in one single lap. I think we should be ok. Binotto has shown he can develop the car. I think we may be in pretty good shape, especially on the softer compounds.

Guys every year it's the same thing... we can't tell anything from testing, so can we please chill out... we don't know the pecking order, speculating on 2019 is just uncalled for at this juncture....

Let's just relax a little, we'll know in 2 weeks what Ferrari are capable of....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well my opinion is his posts are rather tiresome and offer nothing to support the team.
    Of course Zike is going to defend him, do you guys not recall Zike's postings in every FP, Qualy and Race thread last season, it was as bad and tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Of course Zike is going to defend him, do you guys not recall Zike's postings in every FP, Qualy and Race thread last season, it was as bad and tiresome.
    every time i did it, we won or got pole, so lets keep the tradition alive

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It's pretty hard to tell from testing where we stand in comparison to the other teams, but there is one thing that confuses me. Gary Anderson and some other 'experts' point to the fact that Haas was able to run a 1:18.3 on SS while Ferrari was only able to run a 1:17.18 on US and use this as proof that the Ferrari isn't as quick as it should be. On the other hand, they point to the fact that McLaren got a 1:17.78 on US and say this is proof that McLaren is going to be a beast of a car. In my view, when I look at the time the Haas has done, and realize that they use Ferrari engine, trans, suspension and probably more, then I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that Ferrari could go quite a bit quicker. I doubt Haas has understood our car better than we have. Plus Vettel's time wasn't his absolute, as it was said he was lifting at the end of his laps and never put all his quickest sectors in one single lap. I think we should be ok. Binotto has shown he can develop the car. I think we may be in pretty good shape, especially on the softer compounds.
    With those factors in mind, a lap time in the low 1:16s seems achievable for Mercedes on a glory run on hypersofts. Ferrari were probably still well within their car’s limits on their best hypersoft laps, but are they able to go that quick? Unless they are sandbagging in a fashion unlike any recent preseasons, the data suggest they can not go faster.

Andrew Benson
    @andrewbensonf1
    Laurent Mekies, the FIA safety delegate and deputy race director, is leaving at the end of June and will join Ferrari as number two to technical director Mattia Binotto on 20 September

Quote Originally Posted by STK View Post
    Andrew Benson
    @andrewbensonf1
    Laurent Mekies, the FIA safety delegate and deputy race director, is leaving at the end of June and will join Ferrari as number two to technical director Mattia Binotto on 20 September
    This is huge i guess. Now we have an FIA guy as well. Can he start working right away?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    This is huge i guess. Now we have an FIA guy as well. Can he start working right away?
    He will leave FIA on June and come to us in September.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I see, that's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by STK View Post
    Andrew Benson
    @andrewbensonf1
    I see, that's only fair.
    He's only a safety delegate and not a technical delegate or tech. dir. like Budowski who went to Renault.

Not a censorship a dictatorship, and I completley agree with it, please read the rules...

*The owners of TheScuderia.net reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

*Avoid personal flaming attacks. If you don't agree with what someone posted, debate their post... not the person that posted it. Baiting of other members is also not welcome on the forums, if your baiting then it will also be considered as flaming.

*This is a Ferrari forum and as such we would ask that you respect the members here and if you have anything negative to say about current or past team members that is done respectfully and not designed to antagonise other members. If you are not a fan of anything Ferrari then what are you doing here? Is it just to ruffle our feathers? If so then leave, we don’t want it and your stay won't be long. That's not to say non-Ferrari fans are not welcome here, but to do so you will need to respect the community here and accept that a lot of us see things through 'Ferrari' tinted glasses, and we make no apologies for doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He's only a safety delegate and not a technical delegate or tech. dir. like Budowski who went to Renault.
    He will still have a vast amount of info.
    Forza Ferrari

He was Deputy Race Director, reporting to Race Director Charlie Whiting.
    So i quess he will have (as Greig said) tons of tech infos and directions !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

With those factors in mind, a lap time in the low 1:16s seems achievable for Mercedes on a glory run on hypersofts. Ferrari were probably still well within their car’s limits on their best hypersoft laps, but are they able to go that quick? Unless they are sandbagging in a fashion unlike any recent preseasons, the data suggest they can not go faster.
    The data suggests that Vettels quickest lap could have been quicker. He never strung all his best sectors together as he was lifting on different parts of the track during his runs.

As for Merc, they never tried the hypersoft, so we don't know if they could go quicker. For all we know, their car would eat the tires before the lap was finished. And we forget that the Ferrari last year worked really well on the US tires in very hot weather. I'm pretty sure they have some time left in the car.

I'd assume he has some inside info on the halo.

He will still have a vast amount of info.
    He was Deputy Race Director, reporting to Race Director Charlie Whiting.
    So i quess he will have (as Greig said) tons of tech infos and directions !!!!!
    I agree. "tons" or "vast" amount of info in the safety dept. Was'nt Mekies the one that spearheaded the Halo????? That dreaded thong looking contraption that so many of us dislike or hate???? That's great!!!! Wonderful!!!!

He's no Budkowski in which tons of technical (aero, suspension, PU, etc) info. passed through his hands which he will pass that info to Renault.

I agree. "tons" or "vast" amount of info in the safety dept. Was'nt Mekies the one that spearheaded the Halo????? That dreaded thong looking contraption that so many of us dislike or hate???? That's great!!!! Wonderful!!!!

He's no Budkowski in which tons of technical (aero, suspension, PU, etc) info. passed through his hands which he will pass that info to Renault.
    The fact he is going in right behind Binotto tells you he knows more than just safety.....
    Forza Ferrari

The fact he is going in right behind Binotto tells you he knows more than just safety.....
    oh sure.....then again he might end up like Costa and Allison too.

Or he pushes us on, but I suppose it's easier to pour negativity over most things....
    Forza Ferrari

Or he pushes us on, but I suppose it's easier to pour negativity over most things....

Just the facts man. Our record for keeping personnel has not been that quite stellar now has it?? I'm just the messenger. Blame the source.

If you're so "drama" about negativity, then maybe you should just read and move on. Who are you tell someone what they can or cannot post even though it's negative??? Only the adminstrator and moderators deem that and will ban that individual if it goes beyond forum guidelines. I read most of the stuff on this forum negative, positive or ludicrous....you don't see me telling an individual maybe they should stop posting.

If you feel this forum has gone downhill or has too much negativity......bye.....see ya. Otherwise, read or not and move on.

Just the facts man. Our record for keeping personnel has not been that quite stellar now has it?? I'm just the messenger. Blame the source.

If you're so "drama" about negativity, then maybe you should just read and move on. Who are you tell someone what they can or cannot post even though it's negative??? Only the adminstrator and moderators deem that and will ban that individual if it goes beyond forum guidelines. I read most of the stuff on this forum negative, positive or ludicrous....you don't see me telling an individual maybe they should stop posting.

If you feel this forum has gone downhill or has too much negativity......bye.....see ya. Otherwise, read or not and move on.
    Will take what you say onboard.....LOL You are not the messenger you are negative about this appointment for no reason. Ferrari must see the benefit of this move so why do you think you can dismiss it before he is even in the team?
    Forza Ferrari

I think if Greig leaves the forum.. we are all looking for another place to post.

Will take what you say onboard.....LOL You are not the messenger you are negative about this appointment for no reason. Ferrari must see the benefit of this move so why do you think you can dismiss it before he is even in the team?

Look, I hope the guy stays with whatever help he can bring and he proves me wrong.....until then.

Greig is it 20 years already? now that a long time