Thread: 2018 F1 news

It's ok if you wanna be an Alonso fan-boy, Giallo...lots of people crush on celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Now make a percentage of laps to go and realize how foolish it feels when you say ALMOST WON.
    What a foolish statement. Vettel was leading the championship only during the last race out of 19 of 2010 season, do your math & calculate the percentage. He only lead the championship at the right time but that does not mean he didn't do well for the entire season. What about Massa in 2008? he did win it ALMOST

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    It's ok if you wanna be an Alonso fan-boy, Giallo...lots of people crush on celebrities.

Only an objective Ferrari man here...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Only an objective Ferrari man here...
    Good deal then bro. Objective is good and Ferrari even better.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

i hope ricciardo signs with mclaren if ferrari dont sign him
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope ricciardo signs with mclaren if ferrari dont sign him
    i hope we will sign Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    i hope we will sign Leclerc
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...clerc/3126092/

Looks like it could be happening will see
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

[Sportbild]Apparently Mercedes wants to put Ocon from Force India to Renault. Reason is the financial situation at Force India. Renault wants to replace Sainz with Ocon but Force India Bob Fernley said that they only have to let Ocon go if Mercedes wants him.

[Sportbild] Mclaren is apparently also interested in Ricciardo and offered him a 20 mio € deal. In Mclaren there are also waiting for Alonso‘s decision. If Alonso leaves for Indycar, that would give space for Lando Norris as well.

[Sportbild] Helmut Marko said that he believes the reason why Ricciardo hasn‘t signed his Red Bull contract yet is because he thinks that maybe Lewis retires after this year.

[Sportbild] At Ferrari, there are discussion of who could replace Kimi. If Kimi doesn‘t get a new contract, Ferrari thinks of promoting Charles Leclerc to the main team. Leclerc is doing an exceptional job at Sauber and is considered a future champion.

Either way, Vandoorne might be out. I’ll be surprised if Leclerc gets the nod after just one season in F1, that’s not Ferrari way but you never no with Marchionne. Mercedes will remain unchanged. I really hope Ricciardo joins us

For the next 2 yrs. Ferrari should keep Kimi, but treat him as if he was Leclerc or Dan coming to work. I'm talking about what they give him to drive. And if he's ahead , let him stay ahead.

Booh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Mercs upgraded engine may be delayed again, id it is they would use a new 'old' spec biving us an advantage.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...engine_update/

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine how foolish every driver behind Alonso felt before his engine went. They had no engine failure, just driver failure! No where close to ALMOST. Senna , then Alonso, they were the best ever in F1. Now F -Pirelli has Lewis, breaking the records! I believe Max is next to be on top. No moving over rules for him !!!
    Actually none of who you mentioned were the best in F1. It was Fangio and Michael.
    Deal with it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What a foolish statement. Vettel was leading the championship only during the last race out of 19 of 2010 season, do your math & calculate the percentage. He only lead the championship at the right time but that does not mean he didn't do well for the entire season. What about Massa in 2008? he did win it ALMOST
    We are actually talking a race and you deflect.

When we talk championships it's a team effort not just a driver and yes Alonso is just a driver, not a God.

Another foolish post.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We are actually talking a race and you deflect.

When we talk championships it's a team effort not just a driver and yes Alonso is just a driver, not a God.

Another foolish post.
    Ah so championships involves teams but a single race where driver had a chance to win only for his engine to blow up is not a team effort? makes lot of sense for a guy who is labeling everybody else foolish. Where did I mention Alonso as God? are you hallucinating?

I do understand you don't like the guy, hell even I don't like Hamilton but it will not blind me to see what a great driver he is. Give him some credit, if you can't praise him, atleast do not belittle what he is achieving
    Last edited by Rishu; 22nd June 2018 at 05:55.

Actually none of who you mentioned were the best in F1. It was Fangio and Michael.
    Deal with it.
    Ok I have to admit Alonso wasn't slick enough a driver to stop his car on the circut to deny another driver fastest quali lap. Schumy was " The Man! " Senna also not in Schumy's league, he didn't have launch traction control, another Shumy advantage at the time. Shumy also got to come back with Merc to break Senna's pole record. I will take your advice; and deal with it.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Mercedes engine even better than they planned according to AMuS

According to Mercedes the new power units at Paul Ricard are not just "Phase 2.0" that was planned for introduction at Canada but "Phase 2.1" with some "added goodness". #AMuS

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ah so championships involves teams but a single race where driver had a chance to win only for his engine to blow up is not a team effort? makes lot of sense for a guy who is labeling everybody else foolish. Where did I mention Alonso as God? are you hallucinating?

I do understand you don't like the guy, hell even I don't like Hamilton but it will not blind me to see what a great driver he is. Give him some credit, if you can't praise him, atleast do not belittle what he is achieving
    And there it is. Who told you i can not see he is an excellent driver ? But since when is that bout this? The fact is that last year at indy he did not ALMOST win the race. He raced a very good race which btw i watched and retired and that is it. To claim he almost won is a hyperbole and really silly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ok I have to admit Alonso wasn't slick enough a driver to stop his car on the circut to deny another driver fastest quali lap. Schumy was " The Man! " Senna also not in Schumy's league, he didn't have launch traction control, another Shumy advantage at the time. Shumy also got to come back with Merc to break Senna's pole record. I will take your advice; and deal with it.
    Wasnt Senna the guy that ran into Prost in Suzuka deliberately to deny him a victory But Senna considered himself God? But that doesnt vount because...?

Mercedes engine even better than they planned according to AMuS
    https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/st...96151340093440

mercedes confirm. 2.1 with extra goodies than planned

Wasnt Senna the guy that ran into Prost in Suzuka deliberately to deny him a victory But Senna considered himself God? But that doesnt vount because...?

Don't get upset with Brembo. He always supports the #2 guys.

Thats just posturing, none of that matters if Ferrari are faster

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Don't get upset with Brembo. He always supports the #2 guys.
    Because Senna & Prost were fighting to win. Shumy pushed Ruben's into a wall ,for the hell of it. He missed death by luck. Rubens said he didn't want to die that way. No apology from Shumy, a true champion. No one should complain about Max's driving , he also wants to win. Who knows maybe he's the next Shumy?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Thats just posturing, none of that matters if Ferrari are faster
    I really really hope so, smacking them when they are this cocky would be greatness

I really really hope so, smacking them when they are this cocky would be greatness
    Yeah

I don't see this as a horsepower upgrade.

I have a feeling Mercedes is taking the "long-view" approach with regards to component allocation allotment for 2018. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don't see this as a horsepower upgrade.

I have a feeling Mercedes is taking the "long-view" approach with regards to component allocation allotment for 2018. That's just my opinion.
    i would def prefer them being more reliable and long view based than more grunt and power, rumors saying 0.2s from engine purely but we'l know the truth in Q3.

If ferrari can push further maybe taking 4 engines of 4 different specs would benefit in the last few races