Thread: 2018 F1 news

Race strategy will be interesting, We went US and RB and Mercs went SS for start of the race, is it a long straight to 1st corner?

We might know we won't get pole so if we can get them by the 1st corner off the grid with the better grip off the line

Autobild article about Lewis signing a 2 year contract at Mercedes (until 2020). 38 mio € yearly. It will be announced before Silverstone or during the German GP. Another interesting part: "And Mercedes also agreed to Lewis‘s request of keeping Bottas"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Autobild article about Lewis signing a 2 year contract at Mercedes (until 2020). 38 mio € yearly. It will be announced before Silverstone or during the German GP. Another interesting part: "And Mercedes also agreed to Lewis‘s request of keeping Bottas"
    Why would Lewis ever want to leave Merc? He owns the place. Bottas listens for the most part so all is good for him, except Merc ain't Ferrari! Meanwhile Dan's stock declines with every race that Max shines in. He better hope they resign him.

I would love to see Ferrari win three straight and force Hamilton into retirement.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would love to see Ferrari win three straight and force Hamilton into retirement.
    three WHAT????? championships?? i would too LOVE to see that
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

There's not much cheering and praise here for Kimi's podium and points he brought home. There's no team orders on this forum!! Unless of course maybe most fans here are trying to be just like Kimi and stay cool and calm, just do it come race time. We need a Ferrari on podium every race!

McLaren considering surprise move for Kimi Raikkonen

The veteran Ferrari driver is an option for McLaren if Fernando Alonso leaves.

http://sport.bt.com/f1/mclaren-consi...11364280495584
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

Wow! Who will want the #2 spot knowing Seb is the main man @ Ferrari? I believe team orders are a written deal in the contracts.

Please fernando leave you ill minded individual he reminds me of a boxer who hits way below the belt chao fernando your mouth and attitude is the reason top teams will not take a chance on you you are high maintainence.

Mclaren, currently, is in shambles right now. They have alot of work to do at the management level.

"Daniel Ricciardo on brink of committing to new Red Bull F1 deal"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ng-to-red-bull

DR is staying with RB.

Hamilton is staying with MB.

Kimi possibly moving to McLaren. Where does Alonso go???

Things are shaking up mid-season.

Max's podiums caused Dan's stock to collapse . He has to hope RB will resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max's podiums caused Dan's stock to collapse . He has to hope RB will resign him.

Actually Brembo, IMO, it's quite the opposite. Max's "issues" on and off the track have risen DR's stock with RB. So far in the last 2 races, it appears Max has ran clean. DR has always been the more consistent driver.

Actually Brembo, IMO, it's quite the opposite. Max's "issues" on and off the track have risen DR's stock with RB. So far in the last 2 races, it appears Max has ran clean. DR has always been the more consistent driver.
    Always until the last 2 races, Max hasn't won a race yet, but he looks better every race. I couldn't blame Max for getting upset every time an interview would ask about the same crash questions over and over. A head butt was in order!! . OK his RB stock is still there. But for a time there, he was waiting for Ferrari or Merc to offer him a few billion to sign. That's what I meant by his stock going down. We all have favorite drivers and teams. I think Max on my favorite team Ferrari will be great. HE would IMO sign even with team orders, and then just ignore them if he's in a position to beat who ever is #1. Just checking out tire colors is not enough to make the races exciting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/10/s...ent/index.html

my guess is that macca wants to keep alonso, but they do not want to pay much

Article is dated September 10, 2014. Since then he has a young wife and two kids. Ain't cheap the life of a family man.

DR is staying with RB.

Hamilton is staying with MB.

Kimi possibly moving to McLaren. Where does Alonso go???

Things are shaking up mid-season.
    I think kimi will stay for 2019 with Ferrari. He’s in a competitive car, he feels Mclaren car isn’t quick enough will take retirement instead of jumping into that team.

Alonso back to ferrari?
    Last edited by sxviper698; 28th June 2018 at 15:55. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Alonso back to ferrari?
    that ain't gonna happen mate.....that bridge has LONG ago been burned between ALO and Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I know but i think him and seb in the same car which has been good second year in row he would be faster. For me its never been the driver as long as they are the best chance for Ferrari to win the title. And same for LH if alonso went to Mercedes.

I know but i think him and seb in the same car which has been good second year in row he would be faster. For me its never been the driver as long as they are the best chance for Ferrari to win the title. And same for LH if alonso went to Mercedes.
    We need someone young mate to replace Kimi, Alonso is too old (he’s way better then Kimi) but ferrari needs to bring someone like LeClerc so he can learn a thing or 2 from Seb before he retires

You have more chance of winning lotto than alonso being resigned at ferrari buy the lotto ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wow! Who will want the #2 spot knowing Seb is the main man @ Ferrari? I believe team orders are a written deal in the contracts.
    Leclerc , of course
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

[QUOTE=sxviper698;977415]Alonso back to ferrari?[/QUOTE
    Alonso is a toxic driver close to retirement age, why would Ferrari want him back? specially when he is so bitter towards Seb who has contract until 2020, Ferrari would become a war zone

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We need someone young mate to replace Kimi, Alonso is too old (he’s way better then Kimi) but ferrari needs to bring someone like LeClerc so he can learn a thing or 2 from Seb before he retires
    Kimi is doing way better than Alonso. Alonso forgot what a podium pos. feels like. He's too busy making millions from all racing venues even at his old age. Leclerc can only hope Seb's memory is good if he want's to learn a thing or two from him , like how he used to know how to win from pole pos. before Ferrari . And he can learn how to do interviews explaining why he messed up. After Seb retires is when Leclerc should join Ferrari. That #1 spot will suit him well. The FIA is allowing Kimi's points to count towards WCC for Ferrari , even if he's sleeping during a race!

Alonso back to ferrari?
    God forbid!

Ferrari have just announced the signing of Charles Le Clerc for 2 years according to Motorsport Italia
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Ferrari have just announced the signing of Charles Le Clerc for 2 years according to Motorsport Italia
    Great