Thread: 2018 F1 news

Good move if it turns out to be official.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Ferrari have just announced the signing of Charles Le Clerc for 2 years according to Motorsport Italia
    Now thats exciting!, rumors were kimi wanted to retire so im glad Leclerc is the choice, but if Kimi wants to continue, than Mclaren have their guy... will have to wait to see if its true or not though
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Ferrari have just announced the signing of Charles Le Clerc for 2 years according to Motorsport Italia
    Please add a link.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

MotorSport Italia
    33 mins ·
    #F1 #SkyMotori | FLASH: per La Gazzetta dello Sport č fatta: la Scuderia Ferrari ha scelto Charles Leclerc per le prossime due stagioni. 2 milioni di euro nel 2019 al monegasco (attualmente in forza alla ALFA ROMEO Sauber F1 Team), 3 milioni nel 2020
    Image may contain: car and outdoor
    Drive it like you stole it!

I was thinking his salary, 1 Million per season I thought, but more than double that, cheap anyway, in F1 top team

2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I was thinking his salary, 1 Million per season I thought, but more than double that, cheap anyway, in F1 top team
    He is young and gets the chance to prove his abilities. It’s more than enough for his age.

word is that Mario Isola / Pirelli are now seriously considering bringing the thinner threaded tyre for more races this season as the blistered tyres in Austria is not helping their image and 6 teams have suffered using them out weighing the 4 teams that coped on them, big team being Mercedes whose Hamilton already mentioned postrace that Pirelli brought the wrong tyres here. although the original reasoning for the special tyre was to prevent blistering as they believed the blistering could lead to exploding tyres, but nobodies blew.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    word is that Mario Isola / Pirelli are now seriously considering bringing the thinner threaded tyre for more races this season as the blistered tyres in Austria is not helping their image and 6 teams have suffered using them out weighing the 4 teams that coped on them, big team being Mercedes whose Hamilton already mentioned postrace that Pirelli brought the wrong tyres here. although the original reasoning for the special tyre was to prevent blistering as they believed the blistering could lead to exploding tyres, but nobodies blew.
    This is #€@, manage your tires, update your car, or pit early. Come on, Ferrari didn't have these problems. If this becomes reality, F1 would become a joke. It's not fair towards Ferrari who did their homework in testing and back in the factory and from data recovered from races.

31 yrs old !!! That's retirement age for a top driver!! No wonder he's off his old pace. Max, Leclerc = an unbeatable Ferrari team !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    31 yrs old !!! That's retirement age for a top driver!! No wonder his old pace. Max, Leclerc = an unbeatable Ferrari team !
    No it's not Brembo. He's got the car and once he gets setup right, he's still a force to be reckon with....w/o the whine-ing.

Max and LeClerc.....yyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh right!!!! That's like putting two pit-bulls in the same ring. Both will not relent. It can prove quite costly in the pts and financially i.e. cars crashing into each other.

It will be nice to see them in opposite teams. It will be quite the spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No it's not Brembo. He's got the car and once he gets setup right, he's still a force to be reckon with....w/o the whine-ing.

Max and LeClerc.....yyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh right!!!! That's like putting two pit-bulls in the same ring. Both will not relent. It can prove quite costly in the pts and financially i.e. cars crashing into each other.

It will be nice to see them in opposite teams. It will be quite the spectacle.
    Brembo doesn’t now how to stop ! (Pun intended)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Brembo doesn’t now how to stop ! (Pun intended)

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    So why can Renault admit its a design flaw that makes the tyres blister on their car...yet Merc-Hamilton blame Pirelli and need a special tyre?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...sainz-1054754/

"I think we have a chance to sort it out for Silverstone. It's still something that we've seen on our car this year, it is very hard on tyres.

"Today our main limitation, our main deficit to the others, stood out more than the others."

Renault team boss Cyril Abiteboul acknowledged that the team has to address the issue before the British GP.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    So why can Renault admit its a design flaw that makes the tyres blister on their car...yet Merc-Hamilton blame Pirelli and need a special tyre?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...sainz-1054754/

"I think we have a chance to sort it out for Silverstone. It's still something that we've seen on our car this year, it is very hard on tyres.

"Today our main limitation, our main deficit to the others, stood out more than the others."

Renault team boss Cyril Abiteboul acknowledged that the team has to address the issue before the British GP.
    It's nice to see at least one team take responsibility. I'm so happy Ferrari got it right this season. It's been something of a roller coaster ride this season, but I feel like we are in a good place after Austria.

Disappointed Since 2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Eric Boullier resigns from McLaren. Heads are starting to roll at this once iconic team.

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...sportsmanship?

Bernie praises Ferrari and hopes Vettel can win the title he deserves it

Ecclestone said: "It would have been easy to wave Vettel past shortly before the end, but Ferrari didn't.

"So they kept up not only sporting fairness, but also Kimi's morale," he added.

Ecclestone said he is happy Ferrari is a true contender for the 2018 world championship.

"Ferrari has finally made the step I was waiting for for so long," said the 87-year-old.

"Sebastian really deserves the title. Hopefully it doesn't hurt him that Ferrari gave up those three points," Ecclestone said.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Eric Boullier resigns from McLaren. Heads are starting to roll at this once iconic team.
    Good move in my opinion. There's obviously something rotten in the team. So much resources and money and no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Good move in my opinion. There's obviously something rotten in the team. So much resources and money and no results.
    +1

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...e-1056805/?s=1

F1 considering new point system for up to 20 places.

Also new talks about sprint racing and different structure for qualifying was held at the last week strategy meeting apparently

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...vour_Mercedes/

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner revealed that Mercedes has been pushing hard for Pirelli’s special, thinner tyres to be used in the remainder of the championship.

After Lewis Hamilton’s tyre struggles during the Austrian Grand Prix, Christian Horner is sure that the new tyres favour the Mercedes because it has blistering issues with the normal structure over longer distances in a particular temperature window.

"You can see why Toto [Wolff] has been campaigning to keep this tyre for the rest of the year.

Major shake-up going on inside the Mercedes camp for 2019.

Costa going back to Italy with family, will take on a consultary role for Mercedes. Alot more staff are getting moved around.....fyi.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 12th July 2018 at 17:17.

Major shake-up going on inside the Mercedes camp for 2019.

Costa going back to Italy with family, will take on a consultary role for Mercedes. Alot more staff are getting moves around.....fyi.
    We need to hire Costa just to get Merc secrets

Not a bad idea......

Here's more from F1 Mercedes AMG....official letter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh6KgCwX4AAFO9h.jpg

No need I think.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Just to show them to the world :)

Ferrari do not need costa can not be trusted a turn coat who has said to much.

I wonder if Merc's delays with their latest upgrades had anything to do with this decision.

I think Merc are realizing that Ferrari has advanced aero past their outdated philosophy. Ferrari seems to have outsmarted Merc and fed them Sassi & Allison, now Merc are pretty much realizing that maybe these guys aren't so hot. Since Allison, Merc cars have been like Ferrari was in 2016.. good at some tracks, crap at others.