Thread: 2018 F1 news

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if a Ferrari credit card is available in the UK?

I come across these cool looking cards

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/credit-card-ferrari/

I don't really care about balance transfers, interest rates etc as I never have a balance as pay it all off.

Hamilton --> A 2-year extension worth 170 million dollars.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 19th July 2018 at 10:03.

Bottas to stay with Mercedes till 2019 with an option for 2020.

So Ricciardo will stay with RedBull for the moment. Now let's see what happens to Kimi.

Also, Stroll thinking about getting out of Williams and joining Force India......a step backwards IMO for the Force India team IF that were to happen.

Interesting news, Sergio M could get replaced very soon

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ari-role-early

https://thesportsrush.com/ferrari-to...seriously-ill/

Yeah and they say that he is seriously ill

Hopefully if someone does replace him, they don't slack off with trying to get Ferrari back to the top. Also giving in to Liberty Media post 2021

Get well Sergio. This is not good news at all regarding Sergio and Ferrari's future commitment to the sport and on what conditions. Anybody coming in replacing him now of all times has very little knowledge of what has been said behind closed doors with Liberty and the FIA. I hope he's well enough to command the talks even through a third party. This is just typical. Last thing I've heard was that he had shoulder surgery and now, apparently, there's something more serious.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://thesportsrush.com/ferrari-to...seriously-ill/

Yeah and they say that he is seriously ill
    That's really sad
    I really hope he gets through it and is okay.

unlike Mercedes, Ferrari is racing-bred, no need to cheat.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-stumps-rivals

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Lawrence Stroll has bought out Force India (unconfirmed) but if true, the Stroller moves into Ocons seat (going to Renault and Sainz moves to Mclaren-->Alonso retires or Vandoorne gets axed)

F1 winter testing 2019 likely moved to Bahrain. Like Melbourne both testing weeks one week earlier (Feb18-21 & Feb26-Mar1). Liberty will help covering higher costs. But teams have to leave the garages open to provide better TV coverage.

[AMuS]

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    F1 winter testing 2019 likely moved to Bahrain. Like Melbourne both testing weeks one week earlier (Feb18-21 & Feb26-Mar1). Liberty will help covering higher costs. But teams have to leave the garages open to provide better TV coverage.

[AMuS]

wow... leave garages open... an invitation for teams to copy / evaluate others BEFORE the season commences.... Incredible and RETARDED.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    wow... leave garages open... an invitation for teams to copy / evaluate others BEFORE the season commences.... Incredible and RETARDED.

and televised or streamed. Besides, these cars change (aero) every GP most of the time.

2021 wheels.....eeeurgh

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari

Is he for real??? What happened then in 2014 all the way up to the end of 2016???? Where was the "fair" fight in those years????

Wolff says Mercedes has to rely on Ferrari integrity. Mercedes boss says F1 teams must count on the integrity of their rivals to ensure a fair fight.

https://racer.com/2018/07/25/wolff-s...ari-integrity/

Williams to get transmission from Mercedes in 2019.

Is he for real??? What happened then in 2014 all the way up to the end of 2016???? Where was the "fair" fight in those years????

Wolff says Mercedes has to rely on Ferrari integrity. Mercedes boss says F1 teams must count on the integrity of their rivals to ensure a fair fight.

https://racer.com/2018/07/25/wolff-s...ari-integrity/
    He became like mr. Horner. Whining a lot after seeing Silverstone & Hockenheim performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2021 wheels.....eeeurgh

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    What did they say the reason for changing rim diameters was?

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    What did they say the reason for changing rim diameters was?

Formula E.....notice a pattern beginning to develop??? Electric batteries(hybrid formula era) and now these rims in F1. Formula E are currently running the proposed 2021 rims(18" rims) for F1. Plus Rob posted this:

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...wheels-in-2021

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He became like mr. Horner. Whining a lot after seeing Silverstone & Hockenheim performances.

Helmut Marko about Ferrari‘s PU: "Mercedes had 4 years the best engine, now it‘s Ferrari. They need to accept that and not wash dirty laundry." What Marko refers to: Again and again Mercedes questions publicly the Ferrari PU

Helmut Marko: "We at Red Bull do not participate in these rumors. We know what Sebastian can do, including engine development. He was one of the people that made sure that Ferrari overtook Mercedes."

LOL at Toto. What's the matter? Your lackeys at the FIA can't put anymore sensors in our cars for fear of being exposed as your b!tches (which they truly are nonetheless)?!

What? Sassi and Allison couldn't give you everything you need to prove your illegal claims so you have to "rely" on Ferrari's integrity now? You afraid that since Ferrari are strong in your strong tracks, you will be obliterated in Ferrari favored tracks? Better stack up on sleeping pills my friend because Ferrari will haunt your dreams for the rest of the season!

So the next step for merc would be to hire ferrari engineers. I hope we have watertight contracts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    ..Ferrari will haunt your dreams for the rest of the season!
    Hoping we can capitalise while we still have momentum. Their recent win will surely give MB a boost but if we can keep pressure on they will implode. The signs are already there.

Formula E.....notice a pattern beginning to develop??? Electric batteries(hybrid formula era) and now these rims in F1. Formula E are currently running the proposed 2021 rims(18" rims) for F1. Plus Rob posted this:

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...wheels-in-2021
    Cheers, J. I missed that post but am catching up now.

James Key moving to Mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if a Ferrari credit card is available in the UK?

I come across these cool looking cards

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/credit-card-ferrari/

I don't really care about balance transfers, interest rates etc as I never have a balance as pay it all off.

Hi,
    looked on the site, and the number of countries where this credit card is available, is limited, and sadly, the UK is not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    James Key moving to Mclaren

yep, Matt Morris is out. That makes 3 gone from the Mclaren Organization since the start of the first race this year.

Mr Integrity aka Toto Wollf, what happened to the gentlemens agreement last year when they would not introduce a new spec engine until after the oil burning rule came into force.

Merc fast tracked their engine by 1 race to beat the ban.