Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474859 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Alonso is very toxic, none of the top teams need or want him, mclaren are in trouble and have a lot of money and cars available,they need each other
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Happy to see Fred's loud mouthing the Honda engine has kicked him in the teeth in less than a year. I hoped this would happen, when he moaned a lot of people's work whenever he had the chance, even after switching to Renault. He never learns, even at his age, that you must leave room for hello and that bashing someone doesn't solve anything, just pilles in the bag of the people who don't want to work with you. Wonder when is McLaren's turn to be at the end of the stick. Doesn't look like it will be long until the rants start. Pitty that such a large talent and skill is cut out by his mouth, at least he leaves with 2 WDC, more of what 90% of the drivers on the grid have.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 9th August 2018 at 23:01.

Alonso is his own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Alonso is his own worst enemy.
    But one has to admit it works for him. $$$$ Millions of times over and over. Besides most every complaint he has is true, it's just how he says it. Kimi is the only driver who will just politely race even with 1/2 an engine. He's in a class of his own, and still fans want to see him go.

Right...I wonder why Dan is leaving. Maybe he wants to get away from the "Healthy atmosphere" of Red Bull.

And as for badmouthing, Alonso is nothing compared to Horner. How many times Horner has thrown Renault under the bus, no wonder their only option for next year is Honda.

I am looking forward to Mad Max's team radio for next year, I am pretty sure it's going to be entertaining.

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/stat...94137162444801

He just doesn't give a damn anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    We are stuck with Kimi forever

2018 F1 news

Says Horner? [emoji23]

So Horner wants a non problematic driver like Verstappen. Man, this guy is a chameleon, the way he is tarnishing Ricciardo is unbelievable. I think he expected Dan to sign the paper thinking he has nowhere to go, Aussie gave him the MF so obviously Dan was uncomfortable in support role. Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But one has to admit it works for him. $$$$ Millions of times over and over. Besides most every complaint he has is true, it's just how he says it. Kimi is the only driver who will just politely race even with 1/2 an engine. He's in a class of his own, and still fans want to see him go.
    Yes Kimi has been so polite. Every race he moves over at the start for the guy coming up behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yes Kimi has been so polite. Every race he moves over at the start for the guy coming up behind him.
    Who’s he moving over for, Hamilton?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Happy to see Fred's loud mouthing the Honda engine has kicked him in the teeth in less than a year. I hoped this would happen, when he moaned a lot of people's work whenever he had the chance, even after switching to Renault. He never learns, even at his age, that you must leave room for hello and that bashing someone doesn't solve anything, just pilles in the bag of the people who don't want to work with you. Wonder when is McLaren's turn to be at the end of the stick. Doesn't look like it will be long until the rants start. Pitty that such a large talent and skill is cut out by his mouth, at least he leaves with 2 WDC, more of what 90% of the drivers on the grid have.
    Maybe you should watch this documentary. Or read what his engineers at McLaren say about him. Andrea stella left Ferrari to join him at McLaren, but why would he do that, if according to, Alonso is such a toxic person.

Now Mario Andretti wants "toxic" Alonso at indy car. But clearly, Mario doesn't know what he is talking about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Maybe you should watch this documentary. Or read what his engineers at McLaren say about him. Andrea stella left Ferrari to join him at McLaren, but why would he do that, if according to, Alonso is such a toxic person.

Now Mario Andretti wants "toxic" Alonso at indy car. But clearly, Mario doesn't know what he is talking about, right?
    Great but bittersweet watch! Thanks!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Who’s he moving over for, Hamilton?
    Well it's supposed to be Seb; but he's just not there! Kimi's podium points count!! I know you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

He’s toxic for only those who have some agenda against them. He either beat their fab driver over a season or to those who are bitter he didn’t sign to race for them. Alonso’s documentary about last race with Ferrari clearly shows he left team on a good note.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    He’s toxic for only those who have some agenda against them. He either beat their fab driver over a season or to those who are bitter he didn’t sign to race for them. Alonso’s documentary about last race with Ferrari clearly shows he left team on a good note.
    I think it's funny. For four years, we don't hear any drama about Fernando Alonso at Ferrari and he's loved by the tifosi. Ferrari builds a terrible car in 2014, Mattiacci comes on board, Alonso leaves, and sour grapes Ferrari fans call him toxic. I have not forgotten his contributions to this team, and I think a lot of fans have short memories.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think it's funny. For four years, we don't hear any drama about Fernando Alonso at Ferrari and he's loved by the tifosi. Ferrari builds a terrible car in 2014, Mattiacci comes on board, Alonso leaves, and sour grapes Ferrari fans call him toxic. I have not forgotten his contributions to this team, and I think a lot of fans have short memories.
    Well, i respect his contribution to the team and massive talent. But let's be honest here, he can be a little toxic at times If he wasn't that toxic i'm sure he would've continued with us and potentially won his third WDC.

McLaren suits him though, they are equally toxic so they belong together. Look how Honda thrived after leaving McLaren.

I don't dislike him though, it's his decision, he's still an extremely high paid athlete so he's decisions are not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    True, some fans were angry because he decided to leave. I don’t understand, if team can decide to move on from certain drivers, why doesn’t an individual have that privilege. He had good 5 years with Ferrari, didn’t win but thanked entire team for the effort & moved on. And what’s this toxic thing? Wasn’t Multi 21 toxic for team harmony? Wasn’t tweeting team telemetry toxic? But yeah let’s label one guy like you walk in a heard without brains

It wasn't just the last year though. Remember the time that Alonso said he wants someone else's car as a birthday present? That was in mid season 2013 and he got rebuked by Luca promptly. I think that is a very disrespectful thing to say about the Ferrari team.

https://www.racefans.net/2013/07/29/...ical-comments/

Alonso has done similar pretty much throughout all his career. When he was at Renault, he accused Renault of not wanting him to win the championship, etc, etc...

Compare to Micheal at Suzuka when his engine expired which in a way ended his title hopes. Alonso gave the finger when passing the stricken car. What did Micheal do when he returned to pits? He shook the hands of every mechanic! His last year at Mercedes, Schumi had 6 mechanical retirements compared to none for his teammate Nico. Micheal did not utter a single bad word about the team...

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    It wasn't just the last year though. Remember the time that Alonso said he wants someone else's car as a birthday present? That was in mid season 2013 and he got rebuked by Luca promptly. I think that is a very disrespectful thing to say about the Ferrari team.

https://www.racefans.net/2013/07/29/...ical-comments/

Alonso has done similar pretty much throughout all his career. When he was at Renault, he accused Renault of not wanting him to win the championship, etc, etc...

Compare to Micheal at Suzuka when his engine expired which in a way ended his title hopes. Alonso gave the finger when passing the stricken car. What did Micheal do when he returned to pits? He shook the hands of every mechanic! His last year at Mercedes, Schumi had 6 mechanical retirements compared to none for his teammate Nico. Micheal did not utter a single bad word about the team...
    I watched that interview and I believe he said he wanted a better car for his birthday. Whether he meant a better Ferrari, or a better car from another team is open to interpretation.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 11th August 2018 at 22:20.

Disappointed Since 2010

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...spa-und-monza/

Translated from AMUS

Ferrari engine still under 1,000 hp
    Everyone agrees that Ferrari currently has the best overall package. The chassis is on par with that of Mercedes. And at the engine Ferrari has pulled past the silver rival. The Mercedes engineers also recorded significant losses in Hungary despite the relatively short straights. Ferrari disassembled Mercedes on the home straight and between the curves one and two, and three and four. You could see it in the sector times. Ferrari was a power in the first section.

Mercedes still puzzles how Ferrari could make such a big jump in such a short time. "We can not stare now to question what they are doing. We should ask ourselves what we can do better to improve ourselves. How we can accelerate our development program ", demands Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff.

Even in Hungary, the spies heard a strange noise that makes the Ferrari V6 when accelerating. By the way, Ferrari has not yet exceeded the 1,000 hp mark. Nevertheless: At Mercedes smoke heads. And despite the two defeats, Vettel is optimistic for the remaining nine races. "Our car is stronger and more efficient than 2017. There is still a lot of potential to release. We have good pipeline developments. "

The next three routes promise nothing good for Mercedes. In Belgium and Italy count engine power. Therefore, the defending champion fears to get behind on the power routes. And then follows Singapore with a winding track with several 90-degree turns. A track that gave Mercedes a headache in the past. As the lead of 24 points in the drivers 'championship and 10 points in the constructors' championship can be quickly gone.

Yeah, with Dan, has anyone ever heard him talk ill of his Renault engine? Maybe he has, but nothing comes to mind as to what Max has said recently about the Renault power-plant. That leads to the next scenario: how will Max react to the scenario of Honda not giving him a powerful enough engine to keep up, which also turns out unreliable? Dan would have been perfect for the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well it's supposed to be Schumy Jr. .Kimi is just hoping Seb the Legend is not making another driving mistake and then he can follow orders and let him pass. If it's Lewis; well Kimi is thinking podium 2 or 3 , he is big on WCC points building up for his team Ferrari!! If he was given Seb's car; engine and all; well maybe he would have been into WDC from the get. But the old 1,2 is Ferrari's trademark and Kimi is ok with it. Why so many fans here want to see Kimi go is beond me! There's plenty of races left for Seb to come out of his coma and beat Merc to the draw! IMO as of now Ferrari and Merc are lucky as all hell that Red Bull has not made a car worthy of F1 or else !! Ferrari fans would need a vomitorium to run to every time Max would win. Max , Giovanazzi and Ferrari's back on top. Leclerc is good as gold, but he would he'd rather go take a long #2 than say yes to be #2 on the team. I don't blame him. Summer break is really tough, thank God for Johnny Walker "Red!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Has it though? Everyone always said he should have more championships. I agree that having that money is awesome, but I can't help but think he would trade a few of those millions for one or two more championships.

It's possible we get Kimi for a 2 YEAR extension......and not 1 year.

Mercedes confident it has made progress in hot F1 races
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/903260...e-hot-f1-races

So mercs apparently solved its hot race weakness now which sucks, still hope its rather scotching hot than it be raining and ruining more races for ferrari again
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/903260...e-hot-f1-races

So mercs apparently solved its hot race weakness now which sucks, still hope its rather scotching hot than it be raining and ruining more races for ferrari again
    hamster's tyres were cooked after the race
    And bottas pace was awful
    Last edited by Rob; 13th August 2018 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post

hamster's tyres were cooked after the race
    And bottas pace was awful
    Yeah, and don't forget the benefit of clean air
    Last edited by Rob; 13th August 2018 at 08:46.

Believe that then you believe that pigs can fly.