Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505162 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The chance for rain becoming higher every day, and judging by the past two GPs we are not at Merc lvl yet
    I am pretty sure Raikkonen was leading the pack before everyone bolted fresh tyres for the last attempt. I am also pretty sure Raikkonen would've been on pole if he managed to do one clean lap on those fresh tyres.

And Ferrari was leading both Q1 and Q2 in the intermediate conditions. Hungary was an easy pole just like Germany was an easy win. It's not the cars fault if the driver fails to maximize its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I am pretty sure Raikkonen was leading the pack before everyone bolted fresh tyres for the last attempt. I am also pretty sure Raikkonen would've been on pole if he managed to do one clean lap on those fresh tyres.

And Ferrari was leading both Q1 and Q2 in the intermediate conditions. Hungary was an easy pole just like Germany was an easy win. It's not the cars fault if the driver fails to maximize its full potential.

you have a point

https://youtu.be/9VCJ2o5x8vQ

I still believe most of the expert analysis explaining why ferrari and redbull have a disadvantage in the wet since it makes sense and has been clear since last year for ferrari rather than just blindly believing rain makes no difference. People know even just a few degrees up or down can give different cars huge gain or loss and people have no problem believing it lol but with rain naaah every car's aero works exactly the same as intended in the wets, drivers fault, guess max, dani and seb lost all their talent and ferrari are terrible with finding gaps for kimi in quali like usual.
    Last edited by mwk360; 20th August 2018 at 08:33.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://youtu.be/9VCJ2o5x8vQ

I still believe most of the expert analysis explaining why ferrari and redbull have a disadvantage in the wet since it makes sense and has been clear since last year for ferrari rather than just blindly believing rain makes no difference. People know even just a few degrees up or down can give different cars huge gain or loss and people have no problem believing it lol but with rain naaah every car's aero works exactly the same as intended in the wets, drivers fault, guess max, dani and seb lost all their talent and ferrari are terrible with finding gaps for kimi in quali like usual.
    You also seem to believe that teams do not look into these things and work to fix the issues......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You also seem to believe that teams do not look into these things and work to fix the issues......
    Well they did not fix it in a couple of years, why would you think they will fix it now

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

The problem is when raikonen is comfortable in the car and says he had great speed and a great car what he really means is that he can be 3rd or at most 2nd, when vettel is comfortable in the car he crushes the opposition so what we really need to do is make sure vettel is comfortable in that car, either in the wet on in the dry.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    The problem is when raikonen is comfortable in the car and says he had great speed and a great car what he really means is that he can be 3rd or at most 2nd, when vettel is comfortable in the car he crushes the opposition so what we really need to do is make sure vettel is comfortable in that car, either in the wet on in the dry.
    Agree

Weather forecast.....so far. Spa weather is so unpredictable that it changes day to day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlD7q0UX0AAIOKB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    no no i do believe they tried a little i mean they had since Monza last year to improve but with a different car this year i feel it hasnt been enough to get the front row or anywhere near mercs in very wet weather. If there were few races in between Hungary and spa then maybe they could have some ideas to fix the car for wet conditions but with the factories shut down and not running at all in the wets at the hungary test day unlike DR & RB who went out to get some data for wets and did a bunch of laps. i just think this weather situations is really handicapping Ferrari. Bottas is not that good in wet conditions yet he pulled in the front row
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Weather forecast.....so far. Spa weather is so unpredictable that it changes day to day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlD7q0UX0AAIOKB.jpg
    Lol whats worse is everyday the precipitation or rain risk is continuously increasing, now 70%, from 20% to 40%, 50% 65% now 70% hopefully by friday it resets to 0% lol

yeah but seriously Its changing for the worse, full wet weekend and that blob charlie will only give one extra set of tyres so everyone will be too afraid to run and do practice

yup!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Bottas is not that good in wet conditions yet he pulled in the front row
    He is pretty solid. Back in 2013 with Williams he qualified third on wet conditions in Montreal.

Vettel needs to get himself up in pole comfortable or not, he's the #1 guy! That's the comfortable car, spot Ferrari has to offer. Too comfortable makes mistakes. In Kimi's case IMO before quali , race, Ferrari can tell him it's ok to comfortably pass or quali ahead of Seb if you can.

What are the chances Ham bins it in a wet race?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    as much chances as Seb does.....OH WAIT, Seb has already done in in Germany....maybe in Spa if it rains will be Hamster's time....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

He has won the previous 9 wet races IN A ROW. What do you think? Its no use hoping for a fatal mistake from Louie, he won't do us the favor. Sadly I have to admit that he is one of the best wet racers of all time, equal to Senna and Michael. We need to give all the support to Seb bcz if it rains in Spa, he is going to need it all to avoid a 2008 scenario in that track.

I used to watch Vettel as a baby Schumi, we all knew Schumi was good in the wet (with Ferrari at least). Vettel if I recall correctly won his 1st GP in a wet track with Toro Rosso?

Nowadays I'm afraid that Lewis takes that title. He is definitely better at making the car slide and feeling it's limits on slippery conditions. No one of the current drivers is close, maybe Kimi is but not on the level of Lewis so yes, if it's a wet race I usually bin my hopes for a win.

Vettel cannot afford another no points finish. 25 more points to his deficit tally will be impossible to recover at this rate.

i know it's only Tuesday, but surely don't like this weather forecast for the weekend....

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/be/weather/liege/spa

funny it's all nice and dry until thursday, and then following week monday,tuesday and so on is DRY again....only Fri, Sat and Sun it's really cool and wet....

let's hope it will change weekend adn be somewhat dry and warmer....cause we all know who's gonna be benefitting from this cold weather....at it surely ain't FERRARI
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i know it's only Tuesday, but surely don't like this weather forecast for the weekend....

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/be/weather/liege/spa

funny it's all nice and dry until thursday, and then following week monday,tuesday and so on is DRY again....only Fri, Sat and Sun it's really cool and wet....

let's hope it will change weekend adn be somewhat dry and warmer....cause we all know who's gonna be benefitting from this cold weather....at it surely ain't FERRARI
    The chances for rain on Sunday have been downgraded... It's mostly sunny? That's good. I think we'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    He has won the previous 9 wet races IN A ROW. What do you think? Its no use hoping for a fatal mistake from Louie, he won't do us the favor. Sadly I have to admit that he is one of the best wet racers of all time, equal to Senna and Michael. We need to give all the support to Seb bcz if it rains in Spa, he is going to need it all to avoid a 2008 scenario in that track.
    Even Michael made the ocaisional mistake in the wet, Spa 98.
    And so has Lewis... China 07 i think?

and then he tried to put da blame on Coulthard...

The chances for rain on Sunday have been downgraded... It's mostly sunny? That's good. I think we'll be alright.
    yeah, but it ONLY shows high of 18 Deg celcius....our car LOVES the heat, compard to the Mercs which seem to thrive in cooler conditions as they seem to chew its tires when its really warm....

we'll see....

it wasn't the best move over tbh

yeah, but it ONLY shows high of 18 Deg celcius....our car LOVES the heat, compard to the Mercs which seem to thrive in cooler conditions as they seem to chew its tires when its really warm....

we'll see....
    Yeah I agree. The warmer the better. But the horsepower advantage should be enough I hope.

Yeah I agree. The warmer the better. But the horsepower advantage should be enough I hope.
    you mean due to spec 3 engine we're gonna run in Spa???
    Haas and Sauber ran them in hungary, and all seemed well.....let's hope that alone will give us some big time advantage, coupled that with some new aero bits....i think we're gonna be ok

I think our car should do well in cooler conditions. Remember in china we did well in quali.

Michael mada a mistake!?!?!?
    That was one of the dirtyest moves from McLaren, Ron and Coulthard ever!!!!

Driving slow in the racing line knowing the spray he was leaving behind would blind others, Coulthard was lucky Michael didn’t punch him that day

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Driving slow in the racing line knowing the spray he was leaving behind would blind others, Coulthard was lucky Michael didn’t punch him that day
    Coulthard probably learned that driving slow trick from Schumy. Driving slow is one thing, parking on the track is better. Ask Alonso how he felt when Schumy did it to him. Talk about deserving to get punched out!

Coulthard lifted in a wet condition where the car would slowed down significantly, its almost like trying to brake check someone.

Although Coulthard maintained that he did not intentionally tried to cause a crash, he admitted that it was a mistake to lift in such condition.