Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

to add to possible reasons why mercs have advantage in the wets:

Marc Surer said to Sportbild that he thinks that Mercedes being faster than Ferrari on wet conditions has something to do with the MGU-H. He thinks that Mercedes developed a system that allows the engine to be more smoothly / accelerates much more smoothly in wet conditions
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...32065067036674
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

RB (like McLaren in the early stage) are doing a lot of "grinding" about Honda but they will be surprised when the "weasel" finally goes pop!

Force India MIGHT not race this weekend (Spa 2018) pending legal issues. They have literally stripped the Force India name off the trucks....they are just pink and white.

The team does'nt deserve this with 2 good driver. Hopefully something gets resolved come practice or quali. It's up the lawyers.

Ugh. The rain is back in the forecast for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    we'll see when it gets to sunday.....i don't believe those weather forecasts as far as i can throw them...especially the long term ones....few days in advance

if they are anything like the ones in Canada, where the best they can do is the day of....not even the next day is accurate....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It looks like Saturday Qualifying will be the worse period of rain over the whole weekend, very heavy rain 80% the entire period, Friday moderate rain and sunday has medium risks of moderate rain to constant light rain during the entire race

saw this forecast as well which summaries the others nicely for Spa

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...?dt=2018-08-24

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...?dt=2018-08-25

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...?dt=2018-08-26
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Word is Mercedes are going to be using bottas much much more to test different things and parts for hamilton to protect him and the WDC.
    possibly starting with the highly hyped Spec 3 merc engine that will be using every loophole mercedes can use.
    So Bottas could be getting a penalty in Spa as the likely Wet conditions and track layout would benefit Bottas/Merc coming through from a lower position on the grid

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Word is Mercedes are going to be using bottas much much more to test different things and parts for hamilton to protect him and the WDC.
    possibly starting with the highly hyped Spec 3 merc engine that will be using every loophole mercedes can use.
    So Bottas could be getting a penalty in Spa as the likely Wet conditions and track layout would benefit Bottas/Merc coming through from a lower position on the grid
    Why would he get a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Why would he get a penalty?
    i believe this is the current PU usage, he is currently at the max of every part, so they probably going to give each part an upgrade as Wolff has said they going more aggressive than ever before on the PU side finding every loophole in its battle with ferrari, as they still believe ferrari is using every loophole to get its advantage.

https://maxf1.net/en/2018-f1-power-unit-elements-usage/

This is where we have an advantage, We confirm our upgraded engine parts by running them on the HAAS and Sauber first and don't need to risk either of the Ferraris. Merc on the other hand ensure they get the part first and have not given it to their customer teams first.

Therefore before a engine part comes to Ferrari, you can say it has been dyno tested amd real life tested.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    This is where we have an advantage, We confirm our upgraded engine parts by running them on the HAAS and Sauber first and don't need to risk either of the Ferraris. Merc on the other hand ensure they get the part first and have not given it to their customer teams first.

Therefore before a engine part comes to Ferrari, you can say it has been dyno tested amd real life tested.
    very true, whats funny is Bottas still believes he is treated as equals lol even after the wingman comment

Snippets of iceman Kimi and the legendary Seb from facebook posted on https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc twitter channel, very funny. love seb's passion and kimi seems much looser

think theres some of people here need to go to this forum

http://lewishamilton-44.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

and wallow in the #teamLH love there please.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Force India are formally known now as RACING POINT FORCE INDIA.

Per the FIA, they will start with ZEEEEEEEEERO pts going forward. That really bites the big one!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Per the FIA, they will start with ZEEEEEEEEERO pts going forward. That really bites the big one!!!!!
    What an awful name I think I'll just call them Force India

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    What an awful name I think I'll just call them Force India

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Watch them beat Williams given their current situation.

It's official, RPFI are allowed to race this weekend

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlTVBhcX0AAngz9.jpg

[AMuS]

Mercedes said they would decide on Friday morning whether they will use Spec 3 this weekend. But AMuS heard that it is pretty certain that it will debut this weekend. And apparently on both cars and not just Bottas.

and

"Ferrari’s customer teams have tested the Spec 3 engine in Hungary. We hear that they were especially impressed by the quali mode. They couldn‘t show the potential in qualifying because it rained."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

What a horrible name. Why keep the Force India if the ownership is completely different/new? I could understand if they kept their constructor points and prize money, but they are a new team. They should bring a fresh name. Maybe they will wait until next season to start fresh.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What a horrible name. Why keep the Force India if the ownership is completely different/new? I could understand if they kept their constructor points and prize money, but they are a new team. They should bring a fresh name. Maybe they will wait until next season to start fresh.
    I was thinking the same,why keep the 'Force India' name if they can choose whatever name they point.

Something tell's me it may to do with sponsors etc, sponsors signed a deal with Force India somthey probably kept the name not to invalidate the contract. They still need whatever money they can from their sponsors since they taking a massive hit with the contrsuctor points etc.

I'm not a lawyer but it's hypothetical but that would be my guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I was thinking the same,why keep the 'Force India' name if they can choose whatever name they point.

Something tell's me it may to do with sponsors etc, sponsors signed a deal with Force India somthey probably kept the name not to invalidate the contract. They still need whatever money they can from their sponsors since they taking a massive hit with the contrsuctor points etc.

I'm not a lawyer but it's hypothetical but that would be my guesswork.
    Ya, they already removed all of the FI branding from the motor homes, but the sponsors can still be seen in tiny writing. I personally hope they change it for 2019, but not to ForceStroll F1 lol

Force Inda.JPG
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

It's hard to believe that Pirelli hasn't got a color suitable for any condition. All season so far it's the "Tires " first and foremost; then the car and driver. It rains on every car; no one escapes the conditions.

Mercedes, Ferrari bring engine upgrades to Spa
    Date published: August 24 2018

Mercedes and Ferrari have both brought upgraded engines to the Belgian Grand Prix weekend, with Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen braced for grid penalties.

Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel confirmed on Thursday that their respective teams are ready to roll out their Spec-3 engines at Spa taking them both to their limit for the season before penalties are incurred for changing power unit elements.

Bottas and Raikkonen, though, are already on the limit with some elements and are set to move toward the back of the grid as a result once the FIA has received confirmation from both teams about the specific elements they are going to introduce.

ADVERTISING

“Naturally every upgrade that we have and every opportunity there is for an upgrade is important,” said Hamilton.

“These are two big power circuits we’ve got these next two weekends. This weekend I think they’ve got a new power unit, we will have a new power unit.

“So, it will be interesting to see how they fare with each other, but naturally I’ve got a lot of confidence.”

Raikkonen is set to feel the biggest benefit of all four of the leading drivers as he has been racing with a Spec-1 engine all season.

His power unit failed in Spain, which in turn put him out of sync on Ferrari’s engine programme. He had to change to a newer version of the old specification and he has used that for the last seven race weekends.

ADVERTISING

Elsewhere, Renault’s Nico Hulkenberg is also set to rack up engine penalties with a whole new power unit ready to be fitted.

Follow us on Twitter @Planet_F1 and like our Facebook page

FERRARI MERCEDES
    Related videos

What are the chances Ham bins it in a wet race?
    It's not healthy to hope for others to fail.
    We should just look to our team's performance.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and then he tried to put da blame on Coulthard...
    He was not thinking clearly.
    What was more amazing tho was how he drove the car with three wheels to the pits, while raining.

Also if one needs to understand what Michael could do in the wet, they should look no further than Barca 96.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20jg4n
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    He was not thinking clearly.
    What was more amazing tho was how he drove the car with three wheels to the pits, while raining.

Also if one needs to understand what Michael could do in the wet, they should look no further than Barca 96.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20jg4n
    That was, is and always will be an EPIC race from Micheal! Absolute masterpiece, with less than average Ferrari, which had 8 or 9 working cylinders at the end of race.

I love Hamilton's last words after the post-race interviews: " I NEED MORE POWER".

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I love Hamilton's last words after the post-race interviews: " I NEED MORE POWER".
    Lol....what goes around comes around, NO?
    Now that Ferrari finally caught them from behind (with a lot of work and determination around the clock from everyone at Maranello) and maybe even surpassed them at a very power hungry track, where in the past the Taxi (Mercedes) was really good at.....now “TWO CHAINS” is starting to cream his pants that his racecraft is NO longer the car to beat.....

Forza Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Everything comes back in life.

--------------------------------------

Lewis Hamilton hands out a warning to F1 world title rival Sebastian Vettel by declaring he wants to beat him “at his best because then it’s more painful”.
    The reigning F1 world champion is eager to see his fellow title contenders close the performance gap on Mercedes to produce more competitive racing this season because he feels that is where he can excel.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/890560...s-more-painful