Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 142526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

[Autosport]

Formula 1 will use new rear wing rain lights in 2019 in order to help visibility in difficult conditions ala LMP1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10344...g&name=600x314

not sure if posted already but
    According to #AMuS, Mercedes introduced a new, lightweight chassis at Spa, responsible for better placement of the ballast.
    This is a very complicated upgrade
    https://twitter.com/franckdriver7/st...54942446702592
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

RedBull want Daniil Kyvat back from Ferrari !

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/in...167924/?nrt=54

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post

I don’t think that’s a good idea, I don’t want Honda-RB getting any information from Kyvat. Who knows what he could reveal. I know he’s not a designer or engineer, but I still believe he can leak some secrets. Thoughts?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I don’t think that’s a good idea, I don’t want Honda-RB getting any information from Kyvat. Who knows what he could reveal. I know he’s not a designer or engineer, but I still believe he can leak some secrets. Thoughts?
    These r dirty tactics from RB as always. 2015 TR used Ferrari engines, 2016 RB did get on top of Ferrari.
    Now kvyat who’s a reserve driver & would be on simulator. They want him back & get ferrari secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post

erm.... https://www.planetf1.com/news/horner...-rosso-option/

who was Marko talking to?????

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    erm.... https://www.planetf1.com/news/horner...-rosso-option/

who was Marko talking to?????
    Apparently the ghost of Sergio M!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

planetf1. What do you expect :)

honda are looking better than renault tbh, so i think he will stay. where will he go even if he leaves? ham vet and kimi will be tied down two years unless he goes lower grid i doubt it. \rb is built around him since last year. but atleast he got a good lawyer to give him that clause
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Lol he is busting out that deals even in the afterlife he is sorting them out

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Another young talent destroyed by McLaren.

Looks like Ferrari will honour the rumoured LeClerc contract put in place by Sergio M

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...-seat/3170465/
    Last edited by mizf1; 3rd September 2018 at 21:21.

Turrini: "The story of the red car that can only lose the championship because of Arrivabene / Vettel / Kimi (your choice) is a fake news. Saturday at Monza, difference in qualifying between Seb and Ham: 0.014s, if I remember correctly. This is dominance?"

Like Seb said, he did mistakes everywhere in quali, it was crappy lap.
    When was last time Kimi was ahead Hamilton in quali.

And difference between Rai & Bot was: 0.537 sec. Total dominance.

I would not say strengthen, the guy was useless at Ferrari

He did not appear to be useless at Benetton or McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    He did not appear to be useless at Benetton or McLaren.
    Did McLaren not have a policy of having 2 technical designers, 1 designed it 1 year and the other the year after etc. I'm sure this guy was producing a 'dud' when it was his turn.

Well, if you are sure then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Did McLaren not have a policy of having 2 technical designers, 1 designed it 1 year and the other the year after etc. I'm sure this guy was producing a 'dud' when it was his turn.
    Yeah, what a dud that 2007 McLaren was. Okay, it was heavily "influenced" by Ferrari. 2005 was also pretty decent by comparison.

"In 2002 he was promoted to the role of Chief Engineer of Race Development, and was responsible for the MP4-20 (Autosport's 2005 Racing Car Of The Year), MP4-22 (Autosport's 2007 Racing Car Of The Year) and MP4-24 chassis. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fry

Seems like while Ferrari have mainly been focused on only improving It's PU since silverstone,Mercedes have been focused on making improvements everywhere. mercs New rear wing whether it flexes or not is giving them a big advantage along with all its new aero to deal with slow and medium corners. spec 3 PU speedtraps mercs were ahead of ferrari

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ered_Mercedes/

Thursday apparently ladies and gents for Ferrari driver news

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...s_on_Thursday/
    Last edited by mizf1; 5th September 2018 at 09:01.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Thursday apparemtly ladies and gents for Ferrari driver news

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...s_on_Thursday/
    leclerc , i think ferrari definitely need someone like bottas who can steal points away from the top rivals or defend the champion driver, he can only get better too, once seb retires he'l have great experience within ferrari

Fia have apparently banned the cooling bag on camera ferrari used, supposedly it did little more than block the camera but nobody is sure, ferrari were seen using an umbrella at monza since fia have enforced this rule, btw mercs flexing rear wing, must be nice not to get investigated

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Fia have apparently banned the cooling bag on camera ferrari used, supposedly it did little more than block the camera but nobody is sure, ferrari were seen using an umbrella at monza since fia have enforced this rule, btw mercs flexing rear wing, must be nice not to get investigated
    I noticed the umbrella. The FIA can't ban that as I put some examples for them to use if they read this.

In wet races - to keep the cockpit dry
    In warm sunny races - keep the cockpit cool
    In Singapore and other night races - stop the UV off the lights deterioating the paintwork

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    leclerc , i think ferrari definitely need someone like bottas who can steal points away from the top rivals or defend the champion driver, he can only get better too, once seb retires he'l have great experience within ferrari
    If Leclerc is coming, then the signs of a newly-born crack between Seb and the team are already showing up. It started the same with Fernando when he got Kimi instead of his sure wingman, Massa. I am pretty sure that Seb was lobbying hard for Kimi to stay but promoting Leclerc obviously means that his request was not taken into consideration. I wonder how much time he has left with us. I think if he doesnt win this year and next year, he is going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    If Leclerc is coming, then the signs of a newly-born crack between Seb and the team are already showing up. It started the same with Fernando when he got Kimi instead of his sure wingman, Massa. I am pretty sure that Seb was lobbying hard for Kimi to stay but promoting Leclerc obviously means that his request was not taken into consideration. I wonder how much time he has left with us. I think if he doesnt win this year and next year, he is going elsewhere.
    About time management mans up and does what's best for the team, not for one individual