Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 152627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    If Leclerc is coming, then the signs of a newly-born crack between Seb and the team are already showing up. It started the same with Fernando when he got Kimi instead of his sure wingman, Massa. I am pretty sure that Seb was lobbying hard for Kimi to stay but promoting Leclerc obviously means that his request was not taken into consideration. I wonder how much time he has left with us. I think if he doesnt win this year and next year, he is going elsewhere.
    If seb really is so desperate for kimi because kimi is so slow now and he wont have his position under pressure, then good, better they change it up, maybe seb will have to up his game even more, seb almost never has an off weekend pace wise, if he does stupid mistakes i hope leclerc gets the seat and can make up for those mistakes the way kimi just cant anymore. TBH Leclerc is hardly an outsider, ferrari treat him almost the same way they treat seb, Leclerc doesnt seem like the max/ricciardo guy that puts ego before the team, every interview and every quote i can find he always seems down to earth and ready to put the team before his own ego. If seb wants to freak out thats his own business but he seems really cool with leclerc but prefers kimi as there is no pressure on him and driving setups are similar
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....raikkonen.html

Bahrain pitstop accident
    Spain technical problems
    Belgium no fuel in quali, P6 and then Hulk-RIC combo

So, about 40 points lost, difficult to say, but something like that. Points now Seb 226-164 Kimi.

Fastest lap ever in F1 history in Monza.

I think you could say that "Kimi is so slow now".
    Best year so far for Kimi, I think.

Average race result.

Kimi 2,63
    Seb 2.84

Singapore GP looks to be full wet both saturday & sunday at the moment
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Are you kidding me? LOL. Doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    2018 seems destined not to be the year, weather, mistakes from the whole squad, loss of a legendary leader

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    we know how to in both wet and dry, so it does not make any difference
    Last edited by Rob; 6th September 2018 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    we know how to in both wet and dry, so it does not make any difference
    hard to disagree ,especially after monza but lets remember races like spa and bahrain. we are up against a team stronger and more unified, ferrari's only advantage is battery power, so to expect to win easily is a fantasy, mercedes know how to win. Bottas knows how to be the perfect wingman. Ferrari need to have the perfect day to even able to match mercedes so i think they did amazing this year. No aero update since silverstone but still very close in quali pace at the moment, ferrari just need to be on the A game every session here on
    Last edited by Rob; 6th September 2018 at 07:38.

Why? Because SF71-H isn't good enough? or is it the driver?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Why? Because SF71-H isn't good enough? or is it the driver?
    SF71-H isn't good enough in the wet. The last good Ferrari in the wet was of 2015.

SF71-H isn't good enough in the wet. The last good Ferrari in the wet was of 2015.
    Based on what. SF71-H can switch its tyres easily, so no problem with temperature build up on the tyres. Also the car doesn't lack any downforce or mechanical grip. It also has the best engine.

It's obvious what is the real problem, isn't it? but not for you I guess.

Based on what. SF71-H can switch its tyres easily, so no problem with temperature build up on the tyres. Also the car doesn't lack any downforce or mechanical grip. It also has the best engine.

It's obvious what is the real problem, isn't it? but not for you I guess.
    cars with high rake, as ours or RB, have a problem in the wet.They are unable to seal the bottle

Elkann pulled the plug on the Kimi deal before Monza

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...re_Italian_GP/

cars with high rake, as ours or RB, have a problem in the wet.They are unable to seal the bottle
    In Singapore, its usually a downpour but does not last that long. Dries up very quick.

Doesn't make any sense. The reason they are running high rake angle is because it helps sealing the diffuser more efficiently, aka more rare end downforce. Nobody in the current F1 runs a car with low rake angle.

Doesn't make any sense. The reason they are running high rake angle is because it helps sealing the diffuser more efficiently, aka more rare end downforce. Nobody in the current F1 runs a car with low rake angle.
    Merc does, they run low rake angle

Merc does, they run low rake angle
    No they don't. They ran with longer wheelbase and low rake last year, not this year.

Also rake angle doesn't make any difference in the wets. This is the time I ever heard anybody say it.

No they don't. They ran with longer wheelbase and low rake last year, not this year.

Also rake angle doesn't make any difference in the wets. This is the time I ever heard anybody say it.
    yes it does, an yes they do.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...not-revolution

and tell me what are you by vocation? Im an engineer.

yes it does, an yes they do.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...not-revolution

and tell me what are you by vocation? Im an engineer.
    Again no they don't. And the link you posted, there was nothing that says high rake means poor wet weather pace.

Good to know you're an engineer. I myself is an electrical engineer.

Edit: here is a better image of Mercedes W09's rake angle.

Again no they don't. And the link you posted, there was nothing that says high rake means poor wet weather pace.

Good to know you're an engineer. I myself is an electrical engineer.
    then use logic, and you will see im right. And yes Merc use low rake

based on some articles I read RB was quiet surprised that they lack in performance this year in wet conditions
    They haven't expected that and where kind a surprised as they didn't find the issue Marko, Dr. Marko, mentioned in an interview.

Based on the fact that RB run a high rake since years and they didn't had this issue before it would clearly point in the direction that it isn't the rake ...
    but it seems that you, as an engineer, you are sure that it is and so maybe any clue for Ferrari what to do?

Wir konnten sie nicht anzünden“, konstatierte Marko. „Wir hatten 50 Grad kalte Reifen und wissen nicht warum.“ Üblicherweise muss der Vollregenreifen 80 Grad heiß sein, um gut zu haften.
    which means: Marko said: we didn't got the tyres working as the temperature was 30 degrees Celsius too low (50 instead of 80) ... and we don't know why ... if the solution would only lay with the rake I bet they would have found out. And even if they couldn't change it they would know ... but as said by Marko: the even don't know
    Last edited by Senna4Ever; 6th September 2018 at 09:18.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

then use logic, and you will see im right. And yes Merc use low rake
    I've posted pictures to back up my claim, you didn't. First you said Mercedes W09 is a low rake car, which I have proven wrong. Then you said, car with high rake has a problem in the wet, which is again wrong and utter nonsense.

I've posted pictures to back up my claim, you didn't. First you said Mercedes W09 is a low rake car, which I have proven wrong. Then you said, car with high rake has a problem in the wet, which is again wrong and utter nonsense.
    its is low rake, and you as usually have proven nothing.

Mercedes has stayed resolutely with its pre-existing technical concept with its 2018 W09 model. It features an identical wheelbase and a low rake angle that will be slightly higher than last year but barely noticeable to the naked eye.

here you go, i hope you know how to read. Merc has stated its low rake.

its is low rake, and you as usually have proven nothing.

Mercedes has stayed resolutely with its pre-existing technical concept with its 2018 W09 model. It features an identical wheelbase and a low rake angle that will be slightly higher than last year but barely noticeable to the naked eye.

here you go, i hope you know how to read. Merc has stated its low rake.
    So you don't even know what rake is. As you said it was a pre-existing concept, nothing else. Every single picture of W09 proves that it is a high rake car.

And its funny how you surreptitiously avoiding the simple question I asked. Again, high rake angle doesn't mean poor performance in the wets.

Stop making BS statements and admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    based on some articles I read RB was quiet surprised that they lack in performance this year in wet conditions
    They haven't expected that and where kind a surprised as they didn't find the issue Marko, Dr. Marko, mentioned in an interview.

Based on the fact that RB run a high rake since years and they didn't had this issue before it would clearly point in the direction that it isn't the rake ...
    but it seems that you, as an engineer, you are sure that it is and so maybe any clue for Ferrari what to do?

which means: Marko said: we didn't got the tyres working as the temperature was 30 degrees Celsius too low (50 instead of 80) ... and we don't know why ... if the solution would only lay with the rake I bet they would have found out. And even if they couldn't change it they would know ... but as said by Marko: the even don't know
    Ferrari will be delighted with zike's revolutionary ideas. "Hey guys wanna make SF71-H fast in the wets, change the rake angle"

Does Ferrari have the better power unit at the moment?

Toto Wolff: "The engines are similar, but with different advantages and disadvantages."

Toto Wolff explains the differences between the power unit of Mercedes and Ferrari

"Ferrari may have a bit more power at the corner exit, but we have more at the end of the straights. The balance of power is therefore equal in my opinion."

So you don't even know what rake is. As you said it was a pre-existing concept, nothing else. Every single picture of W09 proves that it is a high rake car.

And its funny how you surreptitiously avoiding the simple question I asked. Again, high rake angle doesn't mean poor performance in the wets.

Stop making BS statements and admit you're wrong.
    Hahahahahaha, I have hard time believing you finished elementary school...... Just stick to the kitchen honey

Ferrari F2019 1st images - Anti Lewis spec.

ferrari-speedboat.top.jpg