Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 213233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

maybe Binotto could feed us Merc info if he goes there

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There r also reports coming vettel could leave in 2019, if he doesn’t win the title with a strong car.
    I don’t think ferrari has strong car in 2nd half of 2018. Mercs found big chunk in understanding tyre management with the help of new design & good package. They delivered a big punch.
    If Vettel makes the same mistakes in 2019, I wouldn't mind him searching for something else. I put my cards on Leclerc for 2019 anyway. I like Vettel. Don't get me wrong. But we can't afford him losing it during races and eliminating some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    If Vettel makes the same mistakes in 2019, I wouldn't mind him searching for something else. I put my cards on Leclerc for 2019 anyway. I like Vettel. Don't get me wrong. But we can't afford him losing it during races and eliminating some good points.
    If 2019 doesn't go Seb's way, he'll probably want a change anyway, it's too early to put all the expectation on Charles and if the Binotto rumours amount to anything, we probably won't have the car either. Whatever next for our beloved team which always seems to shoot itself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If 2019 doesn't go Seb's way, he'll probably want a change anyway, it's too early to put all the expectation on Charles and if the Binotto rumours amount to anything, we probably won't have the car either. Whatever next for our beloved team which always seems to shoot itself in the foot.
    If the Binotto rumours end up being true, Ferrari should force a minimum 2 year gardening leave. He knows way to much to start working for Merc right away.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You're insane...It would be an absolute disaster if Binotto leaves Ferrari.
    ha

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If the Binotto rumours end up being true, Ferrari should force a minimum 2 year gardening leave. He knows way to much to start working for Merc right away.
    This this this. I am so tired of seeing ex-Ferrari employees leaving for Mercedes.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    This this this. I am so tired of seeing ex-Ferrari employees leaving for Mercedes.
    You won’t get two years, 1 max.

Binotto is not the person who made the car.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    Astute observation, F1 cars are not built by one single person.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    But he knows technicality of the car. That’s more than enough for mercs as we saw with JA & sas

If Binotto leaves he should obviously be forbidden to sign anywhere else in this Concorde agreement. That's a no-brainer. But I don't think he will leave.

In other words we will have a German made Merc with Italian engineers from Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    If Binotto leaves he should obviously be forbidden to sign anywhere else in this Concorde agreement. That's a no-brainer. But I don't think he will leave.
    Sure......

And in the real world

Pirelli introduce their 2019 tire lineup at COTA. 3 tires(hard, soft, & supersoft).........that's it !!!!!.....easy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6PlkfX4AEUWu2.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Pirelli introduce their 2019 tire lineup at COTA. 3 tires(hard, soft, & supersoft).........that's it !!!!!.....easy.

Crappppppp pirelli

correction: hard, medium, and soft.

In RP Force India news (soon to change in 2019)

[AMuS]

A new factory will be built within 2021 (the location will be decided shortly) and will cost around 80m. Plus, the personnel will grow from 420 to 550 employees and since Racing Point’s acquisition there is a new target: the top 3.

and

A name change is in order for 2019.

Seems daddy Stroll and his consortium are thinking (and spending) big. Finishing 3rd is a tall order for a customer team.

Ferrari still pursuing Mercedes special rims after getting a letter from the FIA deeming them "limited illegality." (so it's legal with limited illegality???...man, that's a can of worms )

A letter of regulatory clarification was sent to the FIA technical department (regarding the Mercedes wheel design) by Ferrari.

Ferrari says that the holes are generating an aerodynamic effect and that is enough to eliminate the problem Mercedes had the whole season which was overheating the tyres. Therefore FIA‘s excuse of saying the holes are irrelevant to the performance are completely false....And Mercedes have paid around half a million € (without the research costs) for this new wheel rim design so it wouldn‘t be there if it didn‘t have a huge performance increase.

Since there is an airflow but only a little aerodynamic effect, the FIA have passed the strange principle of "limited illegality" to deem the Mercedes wheel design legal,

Caso Mercedes: per Arrivabene non è chiuso. L'illegalità limitata può produrre mostri (motorsport.it)
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 20th October 2018 at 15:51.

Funny.
    "Yes, it is against rules, and that is why we are going to allow it."

Cooling isn’t a aerodynamic effect.

Ferrari still pursuing Mercedes special rims after getting a letter from the FIA deeming them "limited illegality." (so it's legal with limited illegality???...man, that's a can of worms )

A letter of regulatory clarification was sent to the FIA technical department (regarding the Mercedes wheel design) by Ferrari.

Ferrari says that the holes are generating an aerodynamic effect and that is enough to eliminate the problem Mercedes had the whole season which was overheating the tyres. Therefore FIA‘s excuse of saying the holes are irrelevant to the performance are completely false....And Mercedes have paid around half a million € (without the research costs) for this new wheel rim design so it wouldn‘t be there if it didn‘t have a huge performance increase.

Since there is an airflow but only a little aerodynamic effect, the FIA have passed the strange principle of "limited illegality" to deem the Mercedes wheel design legal,

Caso Mercedes: per Arrivabene non è chiuso. L'illegalità limitata può produrre mostri (motorsport.it)
    It is a Merc F1 after all..
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So according to Motorsport Italy, Binotto got offers from Renault and Mercedes immediately after rumors started that there was a conflict between him and Arrivabene. But Mattia wants to remain at Ferrari unless the situations inside the team gets worse.
    https://twitter.com/Motorsport_IT/st...75590094209024
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...78094781538304
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

And the spaghetti culture continuous, Ferrari as always, tends to put the blame all on one person when they lose. If Binnotto leaves it would be an absolute disaster. It seems they haven't learned the lesson when they let Costa go to Mercedes.

Binotto's loss would be a tragedy. All the secrets with such a successful this year's engine would go to Mercedes. It would have been a greater loss than the departure of Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Binotto's loss would be a tragedy. All the secrets with such a successful this year's engine would go to Mercedes. It would have been a greater loss than the departure of Vettel.
    Vettel, WHO??? I’d rather keep Kimi and LeClerc for 2019.....and this is no joke
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    More than secrets, it’s the guy who knows how to build a winning car. He has to be preserved & developed. If it really comes to Arrivabene or Binotto, I know which one I’ll keep

Hmmm, keep the guy who oversees or the head project-managing engineer behind the winning car? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Arrivabene is disposable, Binotto is not, in my opinion.

Disappointed Since 2010

Mr. "B" for me.

F1 teams and FIA set to discuss Mercedes wheel rim controversy.

Formula 1 teams are set to be involved in talks with the FIA about the controversy over wheel rims, amid the recent focus surrounding what Mercedes has been up to.

Ahead of the United States Grand Prix, Ferrari asked the FIA for clarification about why a Mercedes concept of holes in the wheel rims was not considered a moveable aerodynamic device - as it acted in a similar way to something Red Bull was banned from doing in 2012.

The FIA looked into exactly what Mercedes was doing with its wheel rim and hubs, and found it to fully comply with the regulations.

But with Ferrari clear at the United States Grand Prix that it did not agree with the FIA interpretation, Mercedes elected to modify its rims to avoid any potential risks of a protest from its rival on a weekend where there was a chance for Lewis Hamilton to seal the world championship.

With ongoing uncertainty about where things stand now, F1 race director Charlie Whiting has suggested it may be best to add the topic to the agenda of the new Technical Working Group.

"I don't think a clarification is needed because we've already done that, everyone's aware of what we feel," said Whiting, when asked by Autosport about the latest situation.

"I think there's still a difference of opinion and that probably needs to be sorted out in the technical working group."

Although the issue of the Mercedes wheel rims has mainly involved Mercedes and Ferrari so far, other teams think the issue could grow in significance if nothing is done.

Renault F1 technical director Nick Chester said teams were likely to be pushing ideas for blown rims even harder in 2019 because of the new aero rules.

"A lot of people blow through the spokes anyway, so it's not something that is totally new, but people tend to blow further outboard," he said.

"I think there will be a few interesting interpretations for next year.

"It is even more important with the 2019 rules because you are struggling to get the front wing to outwash the air as much as you would like.

"So if you can do more in the wheel it becomes even more important."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...im-controversy

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...6c64937dc2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10547...g&name=600x314

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10547...g&name=600x314

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqMSrurXcAA-ix7.jpg