Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vietnam is a go for 2020. Long track with a long then curved straight. street race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYprGIVsAAbjtg.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYpuEuU4AAzb1H.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYqK1YVAAAFMux.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYqPmAVAAA1GdU.jpg (pic of the track)
    Actually to me track look s good. Like from some PS4 game

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Actually to me track look s good. Like from some PS4 game
    Looking like another baku kind of a track.

Vietnam is a go for 2020. Long track with a long then curved straight. street race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYprGIVsAAbjtg.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYpuEuU4AAzb1H.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYqK1YVAAAFMux.jpg (press release)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrYqPmAVAAA1GdU.jpg (pic of the track)
    I hope HAAS comes there with a couple B52s lol. Linebacker 3 anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I hope HAAS comes there with a couple B52s lol. Linebacker 3 anyone?
    I remember that.

Names of some of the turns (my rendition) :

1.) Ho Chi Minh straight

2.) Hanoi Hilton curve

3.) Napalm chicane

4.) Col. Kurtz S's

5.) VC hairpin
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Tet Rouge Corner?

Cronauer curve
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Good Morning Vietnam Straight...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...rship/3209650/

Hamilton: Bottas partnership probably F1's greatest ever

The article is to hilarious not to share. What kind of drugs is Hamilton on? He should say "Bottas - The greatest wingman/lapdog in F1 history!" LOL
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...rship/3209650/

Hamilton: Bottas partnership probably F1's greatest ever

The article is to hilarious not to share. What kind of drugs is Hamilton on? He should say "Bottas - The greatest wingman/lapdog in F1 history!" LOL
    Yup.....totally agree with on the LAPDOG or like MA put, teh perfect Butler....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Trouble is that he was always there getting in our way and keeping HAM safe from harm whilst protecting the WCC for Merc at the same time, that was his job. How I'd love us to win the WCC to prove a point but I think it's very unlikely.

Ferrari suffered with Kimi not knowing how or when to move over or block for Seb when he wasn't there . A #1, #2 team works when the #1 guy is driving #1. Bottas didn't get Lewis up there pole wise race wise, he helped keep him there. God help Leclerc!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yup.....totally agree with on the LAPDOG or like MA put, teh perfect Butler....lol
    Lol, I’m sure Bottas will mysteriously find some pace in these last two races. Merc will give him some more power and allow him to win now that the title has been decided.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Lol, I’m sure Bottas will mysteriously find some pace in these last two races. Merc will give him some more power and allow him to win now that the title has been decided.
    yup, i think hamster will run with engine detuned on purpose to let the Butler win a race or two.....hopefully Ferrari will deny that and we'll win them....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Trouble is that he was always there getting in our way and keeping HAM safe from harm whilst protecting the WCC for Merc at the same time, that was his job. How I'd love us to win the WCC to prove a point but I think it's very unlikely.
    This is what he is supposed to do. When you have a clear #1 ,#2 setup (which is exactly what Merc has) , things are clear, things are easy and titles fall on your lap.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari suffered with Kimi not knowing how or when to move over or block for Seb when he wasn't there . A #1, #2 team works when the #1 guy is driving #1. Bottas didn't get Lewis up there pole wise race wise, he helped keep him there. God help Leclerc!!
    Ferrari had a simple issue. They did not understand that if you don't have a clear #1,2 strategy and drivers align to it, while having a strong opponent (ie. Merc) they will not succeed.

Hopefully, this is a lesson learned.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Ferrari had a simple issue. They did not understand that if you don't have a clear #1,2 strategy and drivers align to it, while having a strong opponent (ie. Merc) they will not succeed.

Ok, but it's hard to understand why Ferrari the kings of 1, 2, strategy, team order, for years on end were unclear as far as how to get the most out of their drivers. Both drivers are winners and around for years. Is Merc that strong car & drivers wise? Again I say, God help Leclerc!!

this, hopefully we dont do the same mistake of not having an organised 1 , 2 driver for 2019
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

This is what he is supposed to do. When you have a clear #1 ,#2 setup (which is exactly what Merc has) , things are clear, things are easy and titles fall on your lap.
    ... and that is the way to do it!

Timo Glock says that Ferrari made a mistake, not doing team order like Mercedes has done

Vettel: "I understand your question and it‘s justified. But I will stand by my team and not criticize that. Of course it would have been nice but I never expected it."

Vettel: "I never looked with jealousy at the other side (Mercedes) and say: ah I would like to have it that way too (team order). Since I never had these kind of expectations, at the end I wasn‘t disappointed and I really mean what I said."
    hopefully ferrari fixes this for next year so that we have organisation like @aroutis said

then hopefully the only haters will be the ones saying thats the only reason ferrari won both titles in 2019 lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Jock clear on seb and winning
    "It‘s not just the car, it‘s the support structure and the people around them. They require a lot of things to lining up those championships in the bag. That‘s when the team comes in. WITH SEB we create victories/championships"

Jock Clear about working with Charles Leclerc next year

"The relationship with Seb will be important. We need to manage that very positively and make sure the team grows as a whole, not just on Charles‘s side and not just on Seb‘s side."

[Motorsport] Kubica offered a seat at Williams for 2019.

Kravitz talked to Williams during the Brazilian FP2 and they are denying the story from Motorsport.

Emo's son, Pietro Fittipaldi will be HAAS test driver for 2019.

Hamilton threatens to quit F1 if the F1 calender grows!!

Dear Liberty,

Let's get 25GP's for 2019 season!!! Some suggestions--> North Pole GP, South Pole GP, Antartica GP, Iranian GP......

As @ScottAutosport has just explained to me, a key piece of info about the 2019 #F1 tyres is the hope that once the rubber has worn, drivers won't be able to extend stints by driving slower - the performance should just run out. Could prevent so much tyre management in races

Dear Liberty,

Let's get 25GP's for 2019 season!!! Some suggestions--> North Pole GP, South Pole GP, Antartica GP, Iranian GP......
    Yes sir!!!!! lol

The "special tyres" will be used at all races next year. Well, at least they made a decision about it prior to the season already being under way with pre-season testing.

Iran? Plus North Korea, Syria and Somalia.. NOTHING would surprise me!
    Trying to be less angry..

Dear Liberty,

LOOOOOL i saw someone on twitter someone mention 25 race calender brought up at interlagos, YESSS hopefully, more action for us and one less egomaniac

Fascinating politicking in Interlagos paddock. Horner, Arrivabene and Wolff chatting at Ferrari - other team bosses in meeting at Haas. A class divide

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    LOOOOOL i saw someone on twitter someone mention 25 race calender brought up at interlagos, YESSS hopefully, more action for us and one less egomaniac
    The more F-1 races the better for sure for us fans. Egomaniac , what is "Eighty Poles" so proud of? Every year there's a WDC winner in F-1, nothing new. OK, a few more poles but, he's got the car! If and when he passes a few more Schumy records, then he can rave , until then he's only a 5x champion with 82 poles. Big deal. Doesn't Lewis realize; the more races, the more wins and poles , more WDCs , in less seasons? Max, Leclerc , Ferrari. Merc will be finished. We Ferrari fans gave up our podium hero for the year. We need help!!!! We need at least a Red podium , 6th won't do.