Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

disgusting rat hamilton being himself
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It would seem me and @nani_s23 are'nt the only ones criticizing Lewis for his comment about his statement towards India.

No revolution, power units will stay the same in 2021, reveals F1 boss Carey: "We all came to an agreement that the right path was more stabilising the existing engine"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10633...g&name=600x314
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No revolution, power units will stay the same in 2021, reveals F1 boss Carey: "We all came to an agreement that the right path was more stabilising the existing engine"

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10633...g&name=600x314
    So more mercs dominance

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So more mercs dominance
    NOT if we up our game....this year's power unit was pretty much on par with the Merc.....all we have to do is get a bit more power and refine the power output some more....

on the other hand we should NOT unerestimate red bull; with the bench mark chassis they have and a better more reliable and powerful engine from Honda, they can be a real THREAT next season
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    NOT if we up our game....this year's power unit was pretty much on par with the Merc.....all we have to do is get a bit more power and refine the power output some more....

on the other hand we should NOT unerestimate red bull; with the bench mark chassis they have and a better more reliable and powerful engine from Honda, they can be a real THREAT next season
    So next year ham hands would be full

So next year ham hands would be full
    that's what i'm hoping....so he won't have it that easy anymore....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Not too sure what HAM has done wrong.

India is a go-ahead, thriving global player, a growing economic, industrial giant, no doubt. Fantastic place. She also has vast swathes of the population living in abject poverty and ignorance.

Ideally, though, maybe sportspeople and 'celebs' should keep their more political opinions to themselves..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    If winning WDCs , poles, getting Merc WCC, and every other driving feats he has accomplished makes him a disgusting rat , I'm sure Eighty Poles will continue to want to be himself untill all F-1 records are in his rat name. Max, a future rat is his only threat as a driver. I only hope we Ferrari fans can cheer Max on as a Ferrari #1 driver at some point. Go Seb!! Help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If winning WDCs , poles, getting Merc WCC, and every other driving feats he has accomplished makes him a disgusting rat , I'm sure Eighty Poles will continue to want to be himself untill all F-1 records are in his rat name. Max, a future rat is his only threat as a driver. I only hope we Ferrari fans can cheer Max on as a Ferrari #1 driver at some point. Go Seb!! Help !!!
    Youngest pole sitter till date vettel, not even ur so called great driver didn’t achieve

So more mercs dominance
    "Merc dominance" for 2018 was capitalizing on our mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Agreed. RedBull will be the unknown factor with regards to the engine but IF they prove that they have upped there horsepower and reliability Max and possibly Gasly will take points away from Mercedes and Ferrari.

I expect Renault to up their game mid-season to and IF they do then Ricciardo is no lightweight either and he will pick and choose his battles throughout the track. Renault have to up their game in the hp and aero dept.

Williams, Mclaren and Force India will be laggards in that order...Williams last followed by Mclaren and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

Ideally, though, maybe sportspeople and 'celebs' should keep their more political opinions to themselves..
    +1

As much as I hate Hamilton, there is nothing wrong with that he said.

Darshan Chokhani on what he thinks of Hamilton's "poor" India comment. He also has a twitter page.

https://twitter.com/darshanchokhani?lang=en

What I think…

It is unfortunate that such controversy was created out of nothing actually. Hamilton has been to India several times even before the grand prix took place for showruns and also during the event, he did charity work with UNICEF for poor children.

The comments nowhere suggests that he called the whole country as poor but he tried to showcase the contrast between the rich and poor. As an Indian, we know that the contrast exist in the country, but for an outsider, it is always a new thing to see.

To be fair, poverty does exist everywhere in the world, it is the magnitude which differs from place to place. Naturally, a lot of the media – who don’t usually cover grand prix races – were quick to pounce on the ‘negativity’ and spread it among the common people.

It certainly has been taken in the wrong way which has created undue criticism and showcases wrong image of the country to the outside world with yet another slap on the Indian media to exaggerate things unnecessarily.

On the other hand, I don’t agree with Hamilton when he questioned the need of a race circuit in the country which is still developing. To be fair, every country who stages a global event, they do it with a purpose as sport is an integral part of a country’s development.

In fact, even in the current F1 calendar, there are many countries which are not perfect like India and still host the event which is lauded by everyone. Sport is and should be taken as one element which brings together all kinds of people with a common passion.
    http://formularapida.net/wolff-joins...fter-backlash/

I agree with this Darshan Chokhani dude. His way of thinking is pretty logical.

I don't know what drivers feel about the track in India, I've tried it on PS, it's really a fun circuit to drive at

Youngest pole sitter till date vettel, not even ur so called great driver didn’t achieve
    I believe Lewis did the youngest pole setter win that same year, then Seb did it. Lewis was born too soon! Youngest pole setter needs to do a few older guy poles , That 's a cool record but no help now that he's old and with Ferrari. Was Eighty Poles in that pole setting race? Memories are great, but Ferrari needs Max, ups! Shumy Jr. now!
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th November 2018 at 22:04.

I believe Lewis did the youngest pole setter win that same year, then Seb did it. Lewis was born too soon! Youngest pole setter needs to do a few older guy poles , That 's a cool record but no help now that he's old and with Ferrari. Was Eighty Poles in that pole setting race? Memories are great, but Ferrari needs Max, ups! Shumy Jr. now!
    Max too is young. Not able to do it Mexico, Monaco. DR showed how it can be done
    Last edited by nani_s23; 19th November 2018 at 07:13.

Max can’t too is young. Not able to do it Mexico, Monaco. DR showed how it can be done
    Max can't too is young! Not able to understand! Wine Rye, or Scotch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Maybe you didn’t read what I said, I’ll make it more clear, stats (titles, wins, poles etc) does not define greatness. Gilles Villeneuve is one the greatest ever with 0 titles. What you do with tools in hand, how you react when pressure is applied on you, how you win wars while selecting right battles is what defines a driver. As much as I dislike the guy, but 2018 shows the difference between Hamilton & Vettel. That cookie didn’t crumble in first half of 2018 when odds were against him, he won the title then.
    How does 2018 show anything that you say?
    Like it or not, Mercedes performed better as a team than Ferrari, as a result that put (FAR) less pressure on Hamilton which allowed him the one thing that he is paid to do so which is drive.
    Seb on the other hand was not allowed to do the same thing and he fell into a series on mistakes.

Really, it is that simple, when trying to compare you need to take all variables into account in order to have a fair assessment.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If titles,wins , poles etc. isn't what a driver is racing for, what is he doing driving F-1? Gilles IMO could not have been happy he never won a title. Merc performed better as a team is very true. I believe you have to include Lewis in that result. I hope next season we can say the same for Ferrari, Seb and Leclerc. To me either driver winning WDC and getting Ferrari a WCC doe's define greatness !

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    How does 2018 show anything that you say?
    Like it or not, Mercedes performed better as a team than Ferrari, as a result that put (FAR) less pressure on Hamilton which allowed him the one thing that he is paid to do so which is drive.
    Seb on the other hand was not allowed to do the same thing and he fell into a series on mistakes.

Really, it is that simple, when trying to compare you need to take all variables into account in order to have a fair assessment.
    Don’t put the team in this, so you’re saying Vettel underperformed because of Ferrari? Really a lousy statement. He gets millions to do his job, he is a professional not a school kid. Hamilton wasn’t backed by Mercedes when Rosberg was his team mate, he managed to come on top. And I’m not even comparing Rosberg with Kimi

Max can't too is young! Not able to understand! Wine Rye, or Scotch?
    edited. But still you won’t have the answer which ever language it is

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Don’t put the team in this, so you’re saying Vettel underperformed because of Ferrari? Really a lousy statement. He gets millions to do his job, he is a professional not a school kid. Hamilton wasn’t backed by Mercedes when Rosberg was his team mate, he managed to come on top. And I’m not even comparing Rosberg with Kimi
    +1

And Merc made mistakes as well with Lewis, he never started throwing it off the track and crashing every race....
    Forza Ferrari

Hamilton is just the more complete driver. He's way more calculative and doesn't fall under pressure as easily as Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Hamilton's comments definitely leave a bad taste, but he's not wrong. Nearly 60% of the Indian population lives on less than 3 dollars per day. But I am sure India, one day, gonna make a turn for the better, like China.

Also, billions are spent on hosting the Olympics or WC that could've gone to improving infrastructure, modernize already existing facilities and helping the poor. I also think the track was in the wrong place, if the race was held in big cities like Delhi or Chennai it would be sold out.

Hamilton's statement was poorly worded no doubt, but he's spot on. Nowadays people prefer to be outraged and take things out of context rather than looking at what's actually said.

edited. But still you won’t have the answer which ever language it is
    Who is Max @ Ferrari? Your comparing Seb to Michael. No way !

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    +1

And Merc made mistakes as well with Lewis, he never started throwing it off the track and crashing every race....
    Absolutely. There were times when Hamilton questioned pit wall calls & Mercedes made some bad calls. It’s human nature to get upset, but that doesn’t mean you lose your main focus, which is to drive the car

Who is Max @ Ferrari? Your comparing Seb to Michael. No way !
    Wowww who compared vet with schumy.
    I’m talking about your so called great driver mad max . Haven’t taken any pole positions till now nor won a championship .
    DR has pole positions

2018 F1 news

I can believe all this, and in my opinion Ferrari handled all this perfectly. Alonso was demotivated and Vettel was super excited. I have enormous respect for LdM and it shows how maturely he handled all of this with his position of leaving the team.